Kato' Shirts now on Site...www.bomberairport.co.uk

Neilfuji

Hello

I’ve again been asked, by the boys at BA, to let you know that the Kato’ shirting is now on there site and ready to buy….

I must stress that it’s not the kato brand site but www.bomberairport.co.uk all price include shipping any where in the world and local taxes.

I do know there is a bit of a limit on the amount of shirts they have and would say look to you local stockist as well as them to cover you Kato’ needs

Again it’s www.bomberairport.co.uk not the kato site

I will happily answer any questions but please ask them too

Thank you

Neil

wow those certainly ain't cheap :), look nice though

Hello Alterion...

No they ain't Cheap...there hand made, there loomed on 32" looms, hand run looms, the buttons are hand made and all stitched on single needle machines...Sir they not cheep....:)

but there are the best shirting you'll find, all cloth designs are ours, not bought off the roll and not long loomed in India, all our garments are produced in Japan, we're one of the last small in-house producers left in Japan. I happy there not cheep, if they were we'd not be doing it right. we'd be k-mart...

That said we not that expensive, £115 for a hand made shirt is not that high....is it?

Neil

Im going to have to order a couple of shirts. They are killer.

Thank you Sir....get in touch with the BA boys and I'm sure they will be Happy to help

Neil

I probably with do that or pick them up at a local shop.

Hello Sir,

PM me you address and I'll let you have the address for your 'loacl store'

thanks

Neil

KATOPUA-2.jpg

I put the office boy in this one this morning....not the best model (the boy not the shirt)

it's a quick picture so please forgive the pose...all our Kato' shirts are a little old and worn

this is a pull over shirt for next season but the shape is good..

ask BA for pictures of this season I simple don't have the samples here anymore

Neil

That said we not that expensive,

sorry neal but i'm going to have to respectyfully disagree with you here, having been along jermyn street recently i would have to say your prices are definatley in the high end. It is very possible to get a brilliant RTW shirt from say, H&K for under £100, And i know of at least one saville row tailor who will do a bespoke shirt from £140. Of course its a very different style and asthetic, and the details are probably of equal quality on yours ( you use MOP buttons right?) and I expect the price difference comes from the fact yours have to come all the way from japan and back ect. So I do understand why yours are expensive.

Alteron

I would say this we loom our own fabrics and use the best raw materials, our buttons are hand crafted (some are Mother of pearl, some are bone and other coral) we use the 3D cut yoke and sleeve having a few hand made bespoke shirts myself, I'd happy put ours up against a Jermyn or most Savile row shirts, our at still hand finished.

the cost of shipping to the UK is not cheap and it does add to the price, but then your SR shirt is also shipped from the same area (ours Japan, most hand tailored cheaper SR shirt are made in China)

I do not set the prices at Bomber-airport I only sell to them....I will defend there prices due to the fact they do not charge for P&P and carry only the more limited produced garments.

a well made garment starts before the loom and not all bespoke SR tailors loom there own shirting fabric.

making any short run fabric is expensive, you pay for the experience and skill of the weaver, the builder. the finisher and the development of the pattern and the fabric...it's the process and as we use only Japanese production and weavers it's not cheap.

I still do not think it's that expensive, look at RRL even the Polo range or Evisu or denimes or (if you in SR) Spencer Hart or Kilgour French..... the list would go on but the simple fact is out of all of them we the one of the few who do loom our own fabrics and the only ones that buys direct from the growers and dyer for our raw materials. we do not put huge amounts of money into press and marketing we put it in to our products, the development and the hands of the growers and dyers, feel my fabrics and tell me it's not money well spent?

we are high end and I'm happy to be that way, we offer a high end product, I have jeans on right now that have over four years constant wear and look great, I wear the shirting and it fit perfectly I have most of our Jackets the 3D cutting is amazing and it does wear well and holds it's shape.

to be honest I felt you first comment was a little poor thought out and I'm guessing you've not seen our shirts, you second one I feel it was a bit of the same....I used to have a store on SR and I can tell you you'd be hard pushed to find a hand made shirt in that street for less than £200 and it would be made in HK or main land china, there is little to no real tailoring done on the street any more.....

but after you've given me the chance to put the record straight on the pricing and our garments...I have to thank you Alterion

thank very much

Neil

sorry for being blunt and all, neil

but i just feel that a shirt like that aint worth a couple hundred bucks

the designs and all... dun mind me, i think its pretty nice, some of them

but just not the price. :(

you really have to see thse in person. i saw it at american rag randomly (before i read this thread). the shirt was really something else. pictures dont allow you to appreciate the difference. the cotton, construction, feel...

too bad i didnt have enough money with me or i would have snatched it.

you really have to see thse in person. i saw it at american rag randomly (before i read this thread). the shirt was really something else. pictures dont allow you to appreciate the difference. the cotton, construction, feel...

too bad i didnt have enough money with me or i would have snatched it.

really? hmmm....so far i havent seen something which made me wanna

give a couple hundred just for a shirt. not even a zegna man...

sorry for being blunt and all, neil

but i just feel that a shirt like that aint worth a couple hundred bucks

the designs and all... dun mind me, i think its pretty nice, some of them

but just not the price. :(

Dude....

to be blunt...you need to see and feel what your talking about before you bad mouth it just on the price point

Neil

try it out. if you cant appreciate it, dont buy it.

im 99% sure though you will love it

Besides all else (hope i didnt personally offend anyone, didnt mean to), i think its nice.

But is there any shop selling it in bath or bristol?

if not, whereabouts in london would a shop retail it?

I think most things Kato seems great, both in style and quality. I love the jackets, and pants especially the non-denim ones based on japanese fisher pants and such..

I dont know about overprized, but I know the price is higher than I possibly could afford, unfortunatly.

Any sales coming up? ;)

Besides all else (hope i didnt personally offend anyone, didnt mean to), i think its nice.

But is there any shop selling it in bath or bristol?

if not, whereabouts in london would a shop retail it?

I think most things Kato seems great, both in style and quality. I love the jackets, and pants especially the non-denim ones based on japanese fisher pants and such..

I dont know about overprized, but I know the price is higher than I possibly could afford, unfortunatly.

Any sales coming up? ;)

Baladoon....

we're a VERY small producer, the only two stores in the UK and the Library on Brompton Road London and The Bureau in Belfast

superBobo

Thnak you for your surport

Neil

Hey Neilfuji... i sent an email to the guys at bomber about their shirts but i didn't hear anything back. I am jsut curious what size you guys might recommend for a kid who is about 6'1" and 170 lbs. The shirts I usually wear are about 21-22 inches armpit to armpit. Also, do you know their return or exchange policy? Thanks!

Hey Neilfuji... i sent an email to the guys at bomber about their shirts but i didn't hear anything back. I am jsut curious what size you guys might recommend for a kid who is about 6'1" and 170 lbs. The shirts I usually wear are about 21-22 inches armpit to armpit. Also, do you know their return or exchange policy? Thanks!

hello 02//M3,

I've just e-mailed them to ask why......

but yes it would fit you a 44" chest would be XL best go...as for the exchange I think it's 14 days but it's on there site in the 'how to' area

thanks

Neil

Really liked the Euss 07 52. Costs about 200$ which does put a hole in my wallet. They are expensive weather they are hand made and smooth and what not. I am not bad mouthing just saying what I think. Even though I think I'll get myself a Euss 07 it'll still be expensive even if I think it's the best shirt in the world however I will be satisfied and that's what really matters... =)

Which cut did you try on?

Kato sent some samples to my friends shop and I tried on their whole s/s 07 line. Some of them fit like shit and some of them were hands down the best fitting shirts ever. The one I liked was a long fitting slim cut with a plaid print. The one that looked like bedsheets fit like shit (If thats the one you're talking about.)