what are you eating today?

soepom

whizkit - i don't see how you're going to stick to your expenditure budget at the rate you're eating! haha not even discount art film tickets can save you now. that said, food pics looks sexy so i'm not complaining. keep em comin!

lunch yesterday:

wayet1006aea1.jpg

mum bought "famous" sarawak kolo noodles

dinner at work:

wayet1006bnl7.jpg

guitarist had duck confit (i tried some, it was...salty.)

wayet1006chz8.jpg

i had Oosh spaghetti (bacon and scallops in tomato based sauce)

dessert:

wayet1006day8.jpg

wayet1006elh0.jpg

drinks:

wayet1006fmt2.jpg

wolf blass riesling, heineken

mum's sunday lunch:

wayet1007asn4.jpg

dinner at a friend's place:

wayet1007bzz2.jpg

halfway through the meal: braised beef, fish in asam curry, pan fried prawn, baked chicken with homemade chilli paste

wayet1007cao7.jpg

chocolate cake (sans butter and flour, and still tasted good), lemon, macadamia and coconut cake, fruit salad

today i went to an asian buffet with my family and i had a bunch of different things, nothing sticks out. i was wondering if anyone can answer this for me, they had snail at teh buffet, i ve never tried it and i dont want to try it cause for some reason it think it will taste 'fishy'. does snail have any seafood properties to it? i dont like seafood, like, anykind so until im sure it isnt seafoody im not gonna try it, cause i dont like wasting food.

it's not like i don't cook for myself once in awhile - but if someone else does a better job of it, why resist? eating food prepared by someone else is much the same as wearing clothes made by another person. so just shut up, and eat. :)

mis - yes, that's where I work.

youreit - i don't think anyone here ever despises food for being simple. the BOAT toast looks like a sinfully delicious combination of ingredients!

Alvahroe - snails are not a common asian dish so i'm wondering if what you saw was some snail-shaped shellfish, which is in fact seafood. but yes, if you're not fond of seafood, then it's unlikely that you're an adventurous eater and snails won't be a good bet, though they're generally quite tasteless, and yes chewy.

cuddlysheep - yes i like having salad. then i have the soup, side and the main and the dessert...

dinner at work:

wayet1009adq7.jpg

cream of mushroom (more like mushroom puree, nice and thick!), salad with grilled portabello mushroom, (keyboardist had: seafood pasta, and fish broth)

wayet1009bvx3.jpg

close-up of portabello mushroom salad

wayet1009csl7.jpg

yakitori oyster wrapped in bacon

wayet1009dql0.jpg

australian beef tenderloin. so so good.

wayet1009ell8.jpg

house red. i know shit about wines so i didnt ask what it was either.

dear i was reffering to lllllll ,but good to know :rolleyes: .

..another great dinner as it shows.

cuddlysheep - yes i like having salad. then i have the soup, side and the main and the dessert...

wayet1009bvx3.jpg

close-up of portabello mushroom salad

wayet1009dql0.jpg

australian beef tenderloin. so so good.

wayet1009ell8.jpg

house red. i know shit about wines so i didnt ask what it was either.

so far today...

breakfast - vaalia diet mango and passionfruit yogurt, banana, double espresso

lunch - some leftoves from the pasta i whipped up last night....penne with cherry tomato, onion, garlic, basil, fresh chili, spinach, pine nuts, fetta and italian sausage, plus pepsi max and some cadbury dairy milk chip ice cream0

cake for lunch

1523336719_6452ee5b8c_o.jpg

southern red velvet cake

+

ice cafe latte

sandwich for tea

1524204910_6b6f0df42a_o.jpg

"Vietnamese style" chicken sandwich.

Baguette with grilled chicken, carrot, turnip, cucumber, corriander, red chilli and soya sauce dressing.

best sandwich I've had in a long time.

+

lime soda