what are you eating today?

soepom

^ i think it's alright really. of course, if the food looks good, and the photos are well taken, it's always a pleasure. but if people want to share what they've been eating, be it some crappy junk food - that's cool too.

i think the thread apart from just being visual food feast, also serves to document what people from different parts of the world/social groups consume, the differences, and sometimes the surprising similarities are interesting (at least to me). the thread is in the superculture forum, precisely because we are exchanging snippets of our culture, and food is particularly insightful to society because of how it differentiates us from other living creatures in the way we prepare it, and because it is the cornerstone of our vulgar existences... etc etc. i must stop. too verbose.

dinner at work 2 nights ago

wayet0111vg6.jpg

lunch at home yesterday

wayet0112ey9.jpg

lunch at home today

wayet0113pj1.jpg

Whens the best time to go to Singapore? Any laws I should be aware of so I don't get my ass caned?

dont steal anything or else.... choppy choppy.

Whens the best time to go to Singapore? Any laws I should be aware of so I don't get my ass caned?

head over towards the end of the year so that you catch us when it's coolest here; sidneylo can attest to the ferocity of the humidity here. nothing much apart from bringing in drugs which is a choppy chop...

avantster, gum is one of those things they've stopped vigorously enforcing, so you should [mostly] be fine.

soepom you seem like the right person to ask, wheres a good place in singapore with reasonably priced food n drinkz wiv a chill setting? that isn't in the dempsey road area.. dat place is getting toooo damn crowded

well if you're still keen on good live music, nice food and drinks at decent prices - try Barstop at Devonshire road (next to petrol kiosk).

there's an okinawan japanese restaurant that some of my musician friends like going to but it's a tad on the pricey side though the food is good. it's on the 3rd floor of Tanglin Shopping Centre (not Tanglin Mall). try the ox-tongue steak. soooo good.

and then my favourite is Cafe Le Caire on Arab Street. The food is fantastic. Place opens late. Nice vibe, with shisha. Only problem is no alcohol 'cos it's a halal venue.

Might I mention that I didn't fail the challenge because of spiciness, but because I ran out of time.

My mouth was aiiiiiite but my stomach hurt until 1PM the next day, almost straight.

icecreamyu9.jpg

Roommate and I made some ice cream. It's vanilla, made with real vanilla beans and a little bit of strawberry preserves. The consistency is a tad bit off, but the taste is fucking incredible.

Gotta work on the texture next time. I think it should've been churned a little bit longer.

That's pretty cool hey. The only home made ice cream I've had are the ones they teach you in chemistry...and joe's cos he has his own churning machine.

I took this photo awhile ago and just uploaded today. Made me hungry so during break I stopped by beard papa.

2192822897_6c8c719ec5.jpg