Nudie Repair story

showbiz00ditc

Alrite, so I've been wearing my dry black nudie slim jims religiously for about 10 months, owned them for prolly a year (which reminds me i should prolly put some updated pics as they're looking pretty sexy). A few nights ago while at the bar i noticed the zipper on my Slim Jims had broke. Upon further (sober) inspection a couple of the zipper 'teeth' had fallen right off. So, the jeans need a new zipper.

Today, I take them to a tailoring place to get a new zipper, the lady's all cool with it, told me it'll be $18. Stupid me i took the jeans outta the bag to show her (big mistake).

As I took them out i guess she noticed all the gravy and various other stains on the jeans, she said she wont do the repair unless i clean them. pointing to the gravy saying.. "Nobody wants to work with this, I dont know what this is"

I took em to my girls house and spot treated them and im gonna try again tomorrow.

sidenote: this is the second repair for these jeans, first was a hole in the crotch

Most places won't work on unclean/soiled garments and really, why should they?

As for your 'big mistake', she'dve seen the stains at some point when you left and would've either called you to tell you she's not working on it or waited till you came to collect to tell you.

YES! my zipper is broken right now, haven't worn my slim jims in months because of it (i'm pretty lazy, and do have other denim in need of my attention)

The reason my zipper broke, is because they are the only pair of jeans i have that aren't button fly, so taking them off once, i tried to take them off like a pair of button flys - force of habbit, and ripped out a few teeth by accident. need to get those things fixed...

Most places won't work on unclean/soiled garments and really, why should they?

As for your 'big mistake', she'dve seen the stains at some point when you left and would've either called you to tell you she's not working on it or waited till you came to collect to tell you.

exactly. she shouldn't have to work on your soiled garments, dude, and it's pretty rude of you to try and trick her into doing it. california even has a law explicitly requiring that items accepted for repair be clean (yes, i'm serious).

wash your jeans (they're not going to be ruined), or learn to sew.

oh! and triniboy: congrats on hitting 1000 posts!

that's really digusting. have some consideration for the person touching your unwashed crouch. fabreze can't fix everything.

A+ first post. really. you managed to repeat everything everyone else has said, and even got spelling wrong and everything.

ok fine i'm just being a douche.

i think that it's crazy that he's gone 10 months without wash, but:

-nudies are known to lose their color from washes very quickly

-raw black denim takes forever to fade/show contrast

-his pair of jr cali's were crazy

so, in the end, i don't have anything against it.

A+ first post. really. you managed to repeat everything everyone else has said, and even got spelling wrong and everything.

ok fine i'm just being a douche.

i think that it's crazy that he's gone 10 months without wash, but:

-nudies are known to lose their color from washes very quickly

-raw black denim takes forever to fade/show contrast

-his pair of jr cali's were crazy

so, in the end, i don't have anything against it.

thanks. someone who's understanding.

n yea all the newjacks telling me to wash em.

i didnt go 10 months for nothing. when i get em back

i'll take some pictures of them. I just started really loving em

thanks. someone who's understanding.

n yea all the newjacks telling me to wash em.

i didnt go 10 months for nothing. when i get em back

i'll take some pictures of them. I just started really loving em

don't give into the pressure to wash, man, find someone who will repair them dirty!

I remember taking a pair of dress pant back to the store to be adjusted and they didn't want to and I wore them only once. They did but the guy put on gloves. While I can appreciate the work put in wearing them, it's pretty gross to expect someone else to handle jeans that have been worn that long.:eek:

The zipper on my acne raws busted a couple days ago and I took them to some russian guy that didn't speak english and he put some cheap ass zipper on them that doesn't stay up.

They're going on 4 months unwashed but they don't have jizz stains on them or anything.

lol anyone remember the infamous 4 yr nudies? (flare somethings...)

he never washed them and they'd been repaired a shit load of times

if you wear gloves, wouldnt that solve the problem?

What about their machines that have to work on the dirty soiled clothing? How are you going to protect against that?

Again, ppl are losing sight of the fact that the ppl doing the repairs are not obligated by any means to accept and work on your dirty clothing. And please don't give the whole 'they should accept it to please the customer, etc' argument because I doubt any of you would be pleased if you sent a garment in for altering and it came back soiled, damaged or stained because they used the same machine or workspace that they used to repair some nasty gravy-stained jeans.

I get that ppl've put months into their wear, etc but if you want to get them professionally repaired, you have to deal with the fact that you might have to have them washed/cleaned.

Come on ppl - man it up.

Just deal with it.

Oh....poor, poor lady on the machine.

I think this topic has come up before huh. I have a mate who has been a non washer since I met him in the early 90's, I hemmed some of his jeans once and its not pleasant.

Wash them suckers;)

What about their machines that have to work on the dirty soiled clothing? How are you going to protect against that?

Again, ppl are losing sight of the fact that the ppl doing the repairs are not obligated by any means to accept and work on your dirty clothing. And please don't give the whole 'they should accept it to please the customer, etc' argument because I doubt any of you would be pleased if you sent a garment in for altering and it came back soiled, damaged or stained because they used the same machine or workspace that they used to repair some nasty gravy-stained jeans.

I get that ppl've put months into their wear, etc but if you want to get them professionally repaired, you have to deal with the fact that you might have to have them washed/cleaned.

Come on ppl - man it up.

Just deal with it.

No no, i completely understand where shes coming from, i didnt really expect her to do them anyways, figured i might as well try. I was just telling the story for the humerous aspect of it, my girlfriend and her friends thought it was hysterical when i went to their house with the jeans, told them the story, and asked them for a rag to spot clean.

(btw she threw the cloth out after haha)