Safari Jackets

mickawes

I hella want a safari jacket with the recoil pad (the quilted shoulders). I think they look cooler than M65s and are perfect for the summer. I just need to find one that isnt 400 dollars (ie. LostWorlds).

Apart from Vintage places, where would I be able buy one?

bonus if it fits nice

double bonus if its waterproof

Anyone have any brands, pictures, anything to post up?

Filson got this: http://www.filson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2618345&cp=2065674.2065689.2117298&view=all&parentPage=family but maybe that is something else? got the padded shoulders and khaki colour atleast.

This one got a very safari -vibe, but no padded shoulders http://www.filson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2092514&cp=2069836.2069837.2075070&view=all&parentPage=family

i saw a good one from ralph lauren's s/s collection

Yep, they had a couple of nice ones. I have two of them.

I also think I saw one at Zara this past weekend.

Ah, yeah. Reading Doctorgnar's post below, reminded me that Barbour does do some nice safari jackets (or they have in the past). If you are currently in SF (location says you live there?) check out "The Hound" in Union Square.

Rag & Bone does a good one, not sure if they have one in the current season, but I've got one that I think is f/w 06.

And for NYC heads there is a gem in the east village called Upland Trading Co. This has long been one of my favorite spots and has remained off the radar despite the awesomeness. I keep it a secret, but I'm sharing this with you because I love you, and I assume few people will actually read this and give a fuck enough to check it out. Anyway, the place is dope and they carry all kinds of high-end safari gear, as well as Filson, Barbour, Pendelton and the like. They've got lots of safari jackets and other awesome shit.

Thanks guys,

Im in Portsmouth till August or so, but Ill def check out the Hound. Ill be making a few trips to London soon, so Ill check out the Uniqlo and Zara ones. I was eying a dope Willis Geiger one one ebay, but it wasnt my size.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. RL does some nice remakes of classic jackets, but I hate to admit theyre out of my price range.

Cheers dudes

Thanks for the recommendations guys. RL does some nice remakes of classic jackets, but I hate to admit theyre out of my price range.

I got both of mine for $165 each (after tax). Then again, it took scouring the RL store damn near every weekend checking out their sale items............

:rolleyes: