smoking on airplanes

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

i often ride airplanes. i smoke. it is illegal to smoke on airplanes.

i've heard of various methods of not getting caught, but have been to chickenshit to ever try them .

a friend of mine said to just keep the toilet handle down (machine-gun flush), and the smoke will just get sucked through. has anyone tried this? it is illegal to tamper with smoke detectors. if i were to disable it, would the stewardess even find out in time?

thank you.

my friend's sister is a stewardess and i had a similar conversation with her and she said there is basically no way to smoke in the toilet without getting caught, cause if you try to mask the smell with something else (incent, some kind of spray etc), it'll immediately will smell in the cabin cause of air exchange system in the plane and they will know that you are smoke and that the flushing the toilet thing is a myth and the suction is not strong enough to suck in all the cigarette smell.

BTW, the german guy started an smoking airline. right now, they only have flights between Dusseldorf and Tokyo, but he plan to expend so maybe in the future, we'll be able to smoke legally in our seat.

I remember when you could smoke at McDonalds....they had little tin foil McD's ashtrays, you could screw them up at throw them at your mates

Guest jmatsu
my friend's sister is a stewardess and i had a similar conversation with her and she said there is basically no way to smoke in the toilet without getting caught, cause if you try to mask the smell with something else (incent, some kind of spray etc), it'll immediately will smell in the cabin cause of air exchange system in the plane and they will know that you are smoke and that the flushing the toilet thing is a myth and the suction is not strong enough to suck in all the cigarette smell.

BTW, the german guy started an smoking airline. right now, they only have flights between Dusseldorf and Tokyo, but he plan to expend so maybe in the future, we'll be able to smoke legally in our seat.

another friend of mine smoked in the airplane's restroom once. he came out and smelled like smoke. the cabin attendant was one of those JAL resocha stewardesses from like thailand or something. she asked him in her broken japanese if he had been smoking. he responded by denying everything, pretending to be offended, blaming the stench on someone else, and pretty much acted like yakuza gangster. the stewardess got intimidated and eventually backed down.

i remember when smoking was legal on planes... i don't know if i'll ever get the nerve to smoke on planes or try the intimidation method, but i always steal the facial lotion and aftershaves.

Thank GOD for the smoking lounge in Taipei airport! After a 13+ hour flight from SFO, I sat in the smoking lounge for an hour and smoked 10 cigarettes in a row. I have heard that there are a few airlines in the former soviet union that allow smoking, wish they would bring some of that to the states. I also remember, in 1984, flying to paris with a bunch of school friends, when you could still smoke on planes, and four of us crowding into the bathroom to smoke weed using a similar method to the toilet flush stated above, but keeping the sink drain open. The best method for me is just to knock yourself out on pills and booze....

You can still smoke at Wendy's in Harajuku...

you can smoke at pretty much all restaurants in Japan ,except Starbuck which i don't care cause i don't drink coffee.

there are still some airlines that allow smoking. my friends went to Greece 2 summers ago and they could smoke in some domestic flights.

Fuck, I remember when you could smoke practically anywhere....restaurants, bars, coffee shops, movie theatres, etc. I wasn't a smoker back then (too young), but how awesome would it be to light up anytime you want? Arent there already a couple cities here in the U.S. that have completely banned smoking in public? Fuck that shit!

Fuck, I remember when you could smoke practically anywhere....restaurants, bars, coffee shops, movie theatres, etc. I wasn't a smoker back then (too young), but how awesome would it be to light up anytime you want? Arent there already a couple cities here in the U.S. that have completely banned smoking in public? Fuck that shit!

pretty much all of Canada now is non-smoking, it fucking sucks when you're out drinking and you want to light up, but it's fucking -25 outside like it's been the past couple days. the non-smoking thing in my province is pretty new (about 10 months now), so the memory of being able to smoke in bars and restaurants is pretty fresh and it hurts...

alll the planes ive been on, they still have the mini ash tray built into the arm rest.

back in the day, when s oking was allowed, the airline made a mistake and booked us into the smoking section.

so my dad and i got bumped upto first class, coz buisness class was already full.

i think i still have most of the solid gold cutlery they gave out.

and when are scientists gunna invent a cigrette thatr doesnt smell?

would save a lot of hassel with my girlfried also

Smoking sucks. Once you quit, youll never want to be around it ever again. Its the most horrible smell now, especially in a space as confined as the airplane cabin, where the recycled air rams everyones BO, cheap coffee, farts, stale perfumes down your throat.

Smoking sucks. Once you quit, youll never want to be around it ever again. Its the most horrible smell now, especially in a space as confined as the airplane cabin, where the recycled air rams everyones BO, cheap coffee, farts, stale perfumes down your throat.

Just as well it's only a few months left until the UK ban on smoking in public establishments... I for one can't wait to go clubbing in a clean air environment.

and when are scientists gunna invent a cigrette thatr doesnt smell?

would save a lot of hassel with my girlfried also

They did have a cigarette out for awhile that didn't produce secondhand smoke or something, I forgot the concept exactly but it was about 10 years ago, and I was really excited about finding some because I was 14 and always trying to hide my smoking from my parents. I suppose they'd work in this case too.

They did have a cigarette out for awhile that didn't produce secondhand smoke or something, I forgot the concept exactly but it was about 10 years ago, and I was really excited about finding some because I was 14 and always trying to hide my smoking from my parents. I suppose they'd work in this case too.

Believe it or not, I was 14 then too, and was friends with a girl whose parents helped with the R&D of said cigarettes. We would all stand around and just stare at the tip as it glowed that pleasing bright orange, but no smoke came out.

When you sucked on it, it made a whirring sound, kind of like one of those propeller whistles you would find in a bag of party favors.

It was strange...

Can you still smoke anywhere in Japan? My bro lived there for a few years and was telling me stories of being at the bank, talking to the teller and smoking....they even got him an ashtray.

Shit can't smoke in pubs here anymore...its been about 2 years, but all the pubs put in these dodgy half indoor/outdoor smoking rooms.