FINALLY purchased some Nudie Slim Jim.. just some questions.

okay i've been on the search for these for the past year or so.

size 28 is always sold out everywhere. online or at boutiques that i know that have them here in Chicago.

i was randomly at the boutique JAKE in Chicago and i asked one of the guys working if they had any Nudies in and he said..

"well i'm assuming you'd be a 28.. we actually got ONE pair in.. we never get these below a size 30.. wanna try some on?"

so i did.. they fit really well.. but they're a 34 inseam. of course they're TOO long. i know they come in 30 and 32 lengths.. but i didn't think i could pass these up at the price and the fact that they've been such a hard find for me. was it stupid of me to buy them at that length? they didn't have any 30 or 32 lengths and they were the only size 28s that were in stock. i love the way they fit. not too tight. not too baggy. just right.

so i got them.

questions

A) can/should i get these hemmed? (or should i return them and/or see if they can either order me a pair of SJs with a 30 length?)

B) how much will these stretch out? (i wear a 28 in most of the brands i wear)

C) any other advice?

thanks guys! :D

What is this new craze I have seen with people having huge aversions to hemming? Get them hemmed then they will be the length you want them to be.

I understand the fear of having something hemmed and it not fitting the way it should on someone taller than you. But hemming is OK And it is not like people are getting their bell bottoms hemmed how much difference could it make on straight leg jeans.

Long story short hem them if you want them to fit you better.

You could just wear them stacked if it looks good, but that's up to you. Also, getting a 28 could've been a mistake if they're already a relaxed fit -- Nudies stretch quite a bit, but then again they might turn out fine... we could probably tell you more if we saw how they actually fit.

here's how they look ON.

i think they fit me pretty good. i'm normally a 28 in all other brands (maybe i can try a 27.. but i figure those are as hard to come by as a 28..anything below a 30 i'm assuming is hard to come by b/c they've always been sold out)

what's the smallest men's nudies comes in? i always heard it was 28 b/c i've never seen anything below that.

as for the stacking.. i'm all for it.. but i'm 5'7 and stacking with a 34 length would just look ridiculous. i didn't know these came in a 30-32-34 length. i just figured the longest they'd be is a 34 and the shortest they'd be is a 32. i've never seen these in a 30 length listed anywhere. in these pics.. i folded the cuff under.. as to how long i'd like them if i got them hemmed.

408571894_235d6adf03.jpg408571898_dd5f0d864b.jpg

these are SJ in Dry Japan (i think they fit more on me like a Even Steven normally would.. which isn't bad.. the way these fit is how i like my jeans to fit)

what are your opinions on the fit? i really don't think i can go as tight as a SSK or a Tight Long John. maybe a Thin Finn.

i'll post pic with shoes on and how stacking looks.

i have a week to decide if i want to return these. i think i can size down to a 27.. but that's just a matter of me finding a 27. i did hear though that there's another store here in Chicago called Untitled that sells these and they have a ton of sizes (and various lengths 30-32-34) and styles (SSK, SJ, etc.)

sorry for the long post. i just want as much input as possible and i don't want these to stretch out really bad in the long run. thanks guys for all the input!

as for the stacking.. i'm all for it.. but i'm 5'7 and stacking with a 34 length would just look ridiculous.

No it wouldn't. I'm 5' 8" and I only get a few stacks on 34" jeans. And certainly don't get them hemmed to 30", unless you want to look like your father.

The fit looks nice now but it seems like you already have a bit of room in the waist and seat. I would size down one size in the waist if you can. The length looks fine to me although it almost seems too wide in the leg to stack without getting stomped by your shoes. If they will sit up n your shoes I think the ammount they would sack would look just fine.

You couldn't have possibly put that much thought or effort into trying to find a pair. In the span of about 1.5 seconds I found a pair of 27X32 (which sounds like its exactly what you want for proper length and width).

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/nudie/slim_jim_dry.php

see.. i got these for $185.. then with tax and what not it came out to that price that this site you sent me is charging for them. $199-200. with shipping and what not, that'd be a little more than i wanted to pay.

i think i can go with 27, but i'll check the store that apaprently has them around Chicago first, then decide if i want to return them or not based on the availability of the size 27, or just return them all together and wait on getting a pair of Nudies (that i've wanted for close to a year and a half..)

as for that length.. as i said, i cuffed those under as to how long i'd want them if i was to get them hemmed. i think i'd get a fair amount of stacking still.. and honey combs as well. but if i can find a 32.. i'll definitely return these.

thanks for all the input so far guys! i really appreciated it!

PS: are slim jims supposed to fit like THIS (contextclothing pic)

slim_jim_dry.jpg

PS: do nudies come in a 32 length?

i just talked to 2 sales associates here in Chicago over the phone and they said that they only come in 34 length.. but the i saw that link someone posted and they had 32s listed.

now i'm just contemplating returning these or not.. and waiting to find a smaller size (27) or just keep them and see what happens.. which i kind of don't want to do if i can get better results with a 27.

again.. sorry for the long post. i really just want as much input as possible and i knew this would be the first/best place to ask opinions/advice. i want these jeans to look as best as they possibly can a year or so from the time i buy them (after return/decide to keep.. size down whatever). T.I.A.!

double cuff those about an inch and a half and you'll be good to hook.

if u don't like cuffing, i would take 2 inches off. as you wear them, they will loosen up and sit lower, so you should be good. i'm 67 inches also, and i go with a 32 inseam. if i have a 34, i double cuff if the leg opening is big. if it's small like my diors, then i stack. but, who gives a shit, there jeans! ha ha.

i've actually been looking around for these for quite a while.. i never saw them listed below a 28 (hence why i never saw a 27) and if i did, they'd be sold out.

so.. i can take 2 inches off and be good to go with a 32 length? AND will i be good with this size 28 or will i not get good results b/c of stretching out as i wear (how much will it stretch?)?

i like cuffing, but for my personal tastes, that cuff as is now is a little much, so taking 2 inches off wouldn't be bad. i'd have a 32 length (sales people that i talked to at stores that sell Nudies here in Chicago told me.."1. they stretch out quite alot.. maybe you'll be fine with this size.. but if you can.. size down 2. nudies only come in a 34 length (any truth to that? i see them listed at 32 online.. but do boutiques only get 34 length?)

lol i still got 6 days to decide if i want to return them.. but the way i look at it.. 6 days is eating into (the hem time..take 2 inches off) and the time wearing them. i'm anxious. haha

PS: are slim jims supposed to fit like THIS (contextclothing pic)

slim_jim_dry.jpg

Slim Jims can be worn baggy, slim, straight, tight, or most imporantly, however you want them to. Theres no "proper" way to wear any one pair of jeans, it comes down to personal tastes.

But more on the subject of the topic; double cuff them, and when you wash them and they shrink, get them hemmed. That way you won't really have to worry about them being too short for you when wash time comes.

^thanks for that input! yeah, i know alot of people like their jeans tight (more SSK tight from what i've seen lol) but to me, this is tight enough. haha maybe down the road i'll be willing to try a SSK or a TLJ. so what you're saying is.. for now.. double cuff them.. after i wash them for the first time (in say 6 months) THEN get them hemmed?

the only thing i'm really worried about is

A) stretching (how much will they stretch? a half inch.. a complete inch.. etc.)

B) length (if i hem them 1.5-2 inches now.. will they shrink to be too short after washing them the first time?)

Size down to 27, my jims stretched at least one inch, possibly more.

I think slim jims look best when they are a bit more snug fitting... more like that picture you posted previous.

But it wouldn't be the end of the world if you kept these ones...depends on how you like the fit, some people have some great looser/saggier fitting Jims!

Keep the stack, I think it looks good...

yeah i vote for the stack too.

i don't own any nudie but i am also a 28 waist. my dry denim has stretched out a LOT, when i first bought them they were tight, it was uncomfortable to have them on, and by the end of 8 months without washing and wearing them every day, i always needed a belt or they would wind up halfway down my ass. i would say they stretched to about a 31 waist (but again this is another brand, not nudies, i just thought i'd post since we're both the same waist).

okay this is sam113.. he posted this in the waywt thread.

ideally.. stacked.. this is how i'd want mine to look. (not sure how tall he is, or what size/length those SJs are)

030207.jpg

030207b.jpg

If this is what you're going for, you gotta get that size 27!!! They might feel a bit tight at first...but they will loosen up a ton! I just measured my Jims, they are tagged 31" and measure 34"-34.5" after 2 months of wear

It's hard to tell how much sam113's jeans are actually stacked with those shoes...it's even making them buckle at the knees!

nudie do make length 30 but i think that would look wack anyways. You gotta remember they will shrink in the length if you ever decide to wash them hot and the honeycombs will suck some length up too.

for you though id just size down and get 32 length.

okay final question. THANKS everyone for all the input :)

i'm gonna keep these.. b/c a 27 is so hard to get your hands on (i don't think i want to drop $200+ on the 27s on contextclothing.. i'd like to try on 27s first..before buying.) so i'll settle for the 28.

if i was to hem these 34 length to a 32 length..

-would i still be OK as far as the length (when it comes to stacking/cuffing) and shrinking inseam when it comes time to wash them after X amount of months?

that would NOT be a problem right? would it be any different than the 28x32 (if i hemmed the 34 length to a 32 length)

You will be OK if you hem these to a 32, the shrinkage post wash/dry will be minimal. And since you have a straight, tube leg pair, hemming these jeans will not change the overall look, they will look just like a pair with an original inseam of 32". You are over thinking this whole thing, just wear your jeans already!!!

okay final question. THANKS everyone for all the input :)

i'm gonna keep these.. b/c a 27 is so hard to get your hands on (i don't think i want to drop $200+ on the 27s on contextclothing.. i'd like to try on 27s first..before buying.) so i'll settle for the 28.

if i was to hem these 34 length to a 32 length..

-would i still be OK as far as the length (when it comes to stacking/cuffing) and shrinking inseam when it comes time to wash them after X amount of months?

that would NOT be a problem right? would it be any different than the 28x32 (if i hemmed the 34 length to a 32 length)

dude,

if you want your stacking to look like the guy in the pic, you need an inseam of 34. 32 will NOT cut it. the stacking will be so minimal it's almost unnoticeable.

you can afford to go for longer inseams if the leg opening is small and you wear slim shoes

if the leg opening's big and you tend to wear bigger shoes, too much length can be quite ugly.