PRPS

testconditions

it makes it like 2 sizes smaller i think. i don't expect these to stretch like 2 inches or do they?

btw lenn, i really like how yours are turning out. any soaks or anything? i'm curious about any inseam shrinking? would love to see yours in another 5 months or so.

haven't taken measurements, but i will when i get home. might take some fit pics too so we can compare, as i got a size 30 too.

i'm kinda afraid of washing them, as the inseam can't shrink too much because the length is pretty much perfect. the waist can shrink, that wouldn't be a problem...

i don't think the softness has anything to do with the stretching, but rather the fact that the cotton fibers are supposed to be longer, which could stretch out more.

i tried them on today, and was pretty impressed. dont know if i would have paid the $220 retail price, but they were nice. The thickness and color of the denim was similar to a rrds. These seem to be very true to size. I cant speak on how much it stretches, but I tried one sized down 2 sizes and it was way too tight, then 1 size down, and it was the right amount of tightness. They felt very snug around the thigh. I like the plain back pockets and button flys.

If you can get them for under $200 i'd say go for it. i wouldnt go down more than 1 size unless you try them on first.

• 2 weeks later...
poly, you just made me decide on my next pair. im goin wit PRPS for my next pair, gracias.

i agree

i remember trying these on at DB and the stiffness was quite impressive... maybe too much!

i dont know where u can get these now but i like. i like the crazy pocket designs and the folded over back pockets too!

My brand new, unwon, sz. 31, on sale from Denim Bar...

PRPS2.jpg

PRPS.jpg

I love the fit (I'm debating another pair if they're in a different denim come f/w '07), further evidence of the inferiority of most (not all) Japanese brands in that one and ONLY crucial regard.

My chief complaint with these is that they denim does feel a little lightweight and stretchy. I'm also intent on keeping these less worn and dressier looking. Thus I'm debating one-washing them (gentle cycle cold, woolight dark, no dry) to tighten the weave and get out the starch. Thoughts?

I got a 31 which is my normal sz in almost everything. I wear 29 in APC New Standard, 31 in New Cure, 31 in skull raw, 32 in 3001's. My true waist is probably 32 exactly (maybe a hair less). But I have broad thighs, however, from working out, running, etc, so jeans tend to be tight/snug in thighs despite being fine in the waist.

i did true to size because deep sleep didn't have a 29 floating about. glad i went with a true 30 as the waist isn't the problem (that will stretch), the thighs are what is tight

If you don't mind me asking, what's your Height/weight?