PRPS

testconditions

Hello everyone, this is my first post!! Anyways....I was in London over the weekend and had a quick look in Liberty's. They had an awesome pair of PRPS. They were one wash purple selvage 30x32 - no idea what model but they absolutely blew me away. This is the first time I've seen a pair of these jeans and the detailing on them was top notch. Quite lightweight denim - similar weight to some 1933 LVC's I have and a really nice colour too. Tried them on but they were too short for me which is just as well as they were £200. I bit too pricey methinks. Anyone interested should head down there if they can.

Prps has just shipped their spring line to the U.S.

a couple new washes in the baggier straight cut....some dirty wash's as before

some new selvage washes including a lighter blue, very faded out wash.

NEW FIT ALSO! There is a new slim cut/bootcut. Lower waist, narrow knee with a slight bootcut. They are awesome. Everything that I've always complained about prps being too baggy has now been solved....

Fuck....more shit to buy

So what's the style names/numbers on these slim cut and bootcut prps? Is Japan a good place V.S. US to buy them?

My gf is going to Osaka soon and I still haven't figured out what to have to pick up for me. I posted on a separate thread but not much help so far...

If anyone can help, I like lower-rise bootcuts.

Quote: NEW FIT ALSO! There is a new slim cut/bootcut. Lower waist, narrow knee with a slight bootcut. They are awesome. Everything that I've always complained about prps being too baggy has now been solved....

Awh. Shiiit. There goes another £200.

Anyone else checked the website out? I hate the navigation they got going on, but man I'm strangely hot for those lime green tiger camo pockets icon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_big.gif

When the NY times does an article on a trend, it's done. Actually, it's been done 5 months. In the UK, True Religion and PRPS do great business. They seem to be (excepting Beckham, who obviously wears Rock & Republic) the jeans of choice for soccer (sorry, football) stars and B-list celebs, just like here. Done, done, done.

Quote: When the NY times does an article on a trend, it's done. Actually, it's been done 5 months ... Done, done, done...

*sigh* Just as well I bought them cos I like them, think they're well made and will look fantastic given a few years steady wear then, I guess. Not cos I want to try and buy into someone else's looks.

From the NYT article:

>>>Well, the Japanese manufacturer uses Levi's looms from the 1960's<<

This myth just runs and runs. People repeat it and it gets printed by other people, none of whom have any way of verifying anything.

Levi's made jeans, not fabric. They never had any looms. Their supplier was Cone Mills, North Carolina. The selvage looms belonged to them. They probably still have some, and probably sold some, and probably scrapped some. Some may have ended up in Japan, but many more selvage looms used to make Japanese denim are Japanese-made (and why wouldn't they be..?)

Not sure if the second one's pictured above are the selvage ones or not....the only ones i have seen with the horsehide belt loops and that weird square dark spot on the back pockets have not been selvage.

The new Selvage light washed ones I saw didn't have the horsehide belt loops

Fuck....more shit to buy

Quote:

Yeah

They are a treated selvage (or dry) and are the ones Bill talks about. They sit low in the waist and are narrow on the knee.

I also have a pair of the Real Vintage Japan:

Real_Vintage_Japan_Ltd.jpg

The bootcuts are very different in cut - they are more fitted - and the selvage is a great colour.

--- Original message by StrictlyRoca on Feb 19, 2006 02:30 PM

How much did u pay for this pair? ebay just ended with this pair selling $300+ .. atticclothing selling 275 pounds...

Noddy

Paid around $265 for the vintage ones - took ages to get a pair long enough in the leg... they come in a standard length but the treatment leaves some slightly longer than others .....

I'm a 33 - 34" leg and sometimes the PRPS's are quite short.

The selvage purple 5 pocket classics are way short and once you washem you loose more length.

The boot cuts are a great length though - good to get away from the baggies - bit of variation.

Quote:

Not sure if the second one's pictured above are the selvage ones or not....the only ones i have seen with the horsehide belt loops and that weird square dark spot on the back pockets have not been selvage.

--- Original message by Bill on Feb 19, 2006 09:26 PM

sybaritical / bill

The second pair I posted aren't new - they've been out for a season. The new ones are detailed below:

pony-front.jpg

aged-front.jpg

Selvage are really short - like I said

Yes, Those pictured most recently are the new ones that I saw the other day. Both the lighter wash selvage and the new non-selvage with the orange paint on the knees.

PRPS makes some crazy washes. At the moment they are pretty much the only pre-washed or distressed jeans I would buy

Fuck....more shit to buy

Hi, I just signed up on here cause I took a look at the jeans that genemachine bought and was like damn! I gotta get myself a pair! Could you tell me which seller you had bought them from on ebay. Love the color and the style, what a great choice!

Edited by jaberz on Feb 20, 2006 at 05:44 PM

Quote:

HR at vancouver had a sale on all prps a few weeks ago.. even the premium washed ones are around $130USD. the wash is nice and all but all of them are too baggy and have a short inseam.

--- Original message by kumo on Feb 20, 2006 12:36 PM

$130 for a premium washed pair!!! That ebay guy must have got those n resold it....

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Bill on Feb 19, 2006 09:26 PM

sybaritical / bill

The second pair I posted aren't new - they've been out for a season. The new ones are detailed below:

pony-front.jpg

aged-front.jpg

Selvage are really short - like I said

--- Original message by StrictlyRoca on Feb 20, 2006 12:27 PM

these look like those horribly overpriced ezra fitch jeans, except prps are even more expensive. whats the attraction?