Cinch-Back Jeans

aubrgene

Do you like them? Which ones are your favorites? I am thinking of purchasing a pair. I have several low rise/ slim cut jeans and 501 repros and now ready for something different. I've thought about Studio D' Artisan's SD-D01's but not sure about the fit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can go far wrong with the Pig jeans.

Otherwise, there's one of the Warehouse 10th Anniversary jeans with a cinch back, which is one of the best I've seen, although that might not be too easy to track down now.

Also by Warehouse, the Duckdigger 1920, with that wonderful fabric.

If you want to venture further from reproland, then I bought a nice pair of Kato's last year with orange stitching and asymetric back pockets. They may do the same or similar style now.

I have a new appreciation for my cinch-back LVC 1937's since reading one of airfrogusmc's posts about how Levi's had to add a "safety" feature to the buckle, which wasn't on the originals. Since buying them, I'd not been able to work out how to actually tighten the jeans using the cinch and so had worn a belt, but since "fixing" them they are fine by themselves as the 2 pins actually pierce the denim to hold it in place. As far as the jeans go, they are quite a loose fit but the denim is nice and light (13oz) and I'm pleased with how they are wearing in so far.

cinch.jpg

If you can find a pair raw NWT I would HIGHLY recommend a pair of LVC 1920s 201s 555 blue/green line #2 denim. Some say those are the very best of the LVC line. There were just several pairs NWTs on e-bay recently. Sold for a good $$$ but they're worth every dime. They're suppose to be in the A/W 07 line but I've only seen photos. If they're anyhing like the early 555 ones BUY THEM.

That's gorgeous! I have the LVC 1937 201XX that I bought in the 90s when it was still made in U.S.A. I love the pair but they were a little tight for me. I have the same LVC in 55' 501's but the 501's seemed looser. Both are size W 30/32.

Now I wished I had sized up.

That's gorgeous! I have the LVC 1937 201XX that I bought in the 90s when it was still made in U.S.A. I love the pair but they were a little tight for me. I have the same LVC in 55' 501's but the 501's seemed looser. Both are size W 30/32.

Now I wished I had sized up.

LVC is still made in US anyway the raw stuff is. Bought a pair of 55s from fall 06 made in USA and just got a pair of 37 501s from S/S 07 and they are made in USA to. Yeah those 37 201s 96/97 were trim. I sized up and glad I did. Those are great jeans.

LVC is still made in US anyway the raw stuff is. Bought a pair of 55s from fall 06 made in USA and just got a pair of 37 501s from S/S 07 and they are made in USA to. Yeah those 37 201s 96/97 were trim. I sized up and glad I did. Those are great jeans.

I was surprised because when i visited the Levi's store in Sta. Monica ( 3rd Street Promendade), they had the LVC Deadstock 1947 501's. Really loved the fit but I had to see that it was really made in U.S.A. That sealed the deal. For some reason, I thought Levis' shut down it's factories in SF and were made elsewhere. I guess I"ll have to wait till Fall to get the 201's you're telling me about. Thanks! Btw, my 37 201's still fit me but they just feel tight in the waist. The rest of the jeans is great. Good to know that I've kept my shape since 96/97:-)

The Duckdigger 1890 or 1900 (I don't remember what the model number is exactly) is only suspender buttons and a cinchback. It's very much like the 1886 Levi's, which only have one back pocket. I highly recommend it (was almost gonna get it, but I ended up going with the 1920, which had belt loops instead of buttons)

The dry bones cinch is in the wrong place to be a Levis copy and Levis didn't start putting the red pocket tag on until 1936. Sorry I'm a freak for details.

Bunkhouse are cool. If you like them you would really like LVCs 1901s. THey have two pckets and are similar to the 1905 bunkhouse but you can find them raw NWT on e-bay from time to time. Heres a pair now

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-501xx-Model-1901-Sz-38-36-LVC-Big-E-NWT_W0QQitemZ170084596135QQihZ007QQcategoryZ52386QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest jeffvyain

it's not supposed to be a repro. it's a pair of jeans with a cinch. we all know you're a freak for details, but not everything is made to be a copy of something levi's made 50-100 years ago. you don't always have to downplay other companies' attempts at making interesting products by telling us that it's not a proper copy of levi's. look at the pockets. does it look like that was their intention?

Love chinchback!

Have two pairs, lvc 33 and evisu lot 0042. The 33's are to big thoguh:( I sized up and didn't think they would stretch that much...)

Love to see the photo of your lvc's. I wonder if cinch back looks better tight or slightly looser. Mine's pretty tight...ablsolutely no belt needed.

Duffer also made a cinchback jean in raw selvage about 2 years ago.

I find cinchback jeans appealing in theory but not so in fit.

I think I have that duffer jeans.. And another duffer jean with selvedge and a cinchback with a reveresed back pocket..think it must be from the 90's or something.

I think they are called 1004XX. Here's where I mentioned them last june.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=145751&highlight=flathead#post145751

I think they are called 1004XX. Here's where I mentioned them last june.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=145751&highlight=flathead#post145751

The Warehouse are lovely. And the 201 are due this year from LVC; I am checking where the denim comes from, to see if it's the same as the lovely 555 version airfrog loves so much (I have a pair under the bed but I'm afraid to wear them).

Do check out the SC Edo Ai 40501. THese are a rough interpretation of an 1880s cuts and are lovely jeans, especially for the money. They're cut a bit slim compared with the similar LVC designs. I have a pair, 31W, I'd like to swap for anything interesting, should anyone have a pair of 32W jeans they want to get rid of.

40501.jpg

Depends what you're waiting for ;)

Well I'm a fan of the Diggers in general, mainly due to the denim, which is one of my all time favourites, and because they are different to the myriad of 501s in reproland.

However my own personal choice for the Diggers would be without the cinch ;)

Be aware that those 1930s don't feature a visible selvedge outseam. It, like their wonderful, lightweight 1601 10th Anniversary pants, features a felled outseam.

The 1930s also are very long in the rise.

If all that is OK by you, then pull the trigger. Very fine jeans. I have to say that Blue in Green buy very well indeed.