celebrity encounters

Corbin Law

I go to school in Humboldt county, 5 hours north of San Francisco on 101. Today I went to the grocery store, and I walked by this woman and smiled, just like I would with anyone. She smiled back. Then I says to myself "Hey, that was Alanis Morissette."

Edit: Also met Tom Green on campus once. He's definitely as weird in person as you'd expect. Met numerous musicians and pro skateboarders as well.

Ran into Wycleaf in SF.

Said wassup to DJ Rhettmatic.

Adrien Brody was eating dinner next to me in NYC.

Met Too Short.

In Vegas my friend and I decided to chill outside of a hotel and the whole celtics team rolls up.

My dad hosted Michael Jackson in Korea during his prime years and I had the chance to meet his family, but I was too young to remember.

I saw 50cent coming out of the battery pary Ritz Carlton where I was staying a few weekends ago.

saw james iha from smashing pumpkins for like the 5th time in east village. i helped elton john and pdiddy when i worked retail in college.

you can't spit below 14th street on the east side past 11pm and not hit james iha. that dude is everywhere. i once saw him in that pizza place on orchard and rivington (across from arlene's groc) w/ a crew 4 impeccable hipster bitches. ballin.

I was in Vegas for All-Star weekend.

Stayed at Caesars and shook hands with KG outside the buffet.

Same elevator as Tony Parker.

But, the best was AI.

I was the Rio buffet, and AI is that dude for me; wearing Jordan XIs at Georgetown, shaking Jordan as a rookie. So I went up to him and said "Mr. Iverson, may I have a picture with you" (being in LA I see celebs all the time, and rarely give a fuck).

AI looks at me and says, "Nigga, Ima trying to eat!"

His security comes through and tells me that Mr. Iverson is sorry and to ask later.

I was just stoked he called me "nigga".