kids that got a superfuture t-shirt that didn't deserve one

poly800rock

awesome sig. i just watched it twice.

anyway, the notion of "equal footing" on the internet is absurd as it is an expensive technology, really. in 2003, 55 percent of american homes have internet access; the current figure is irrelevant. or many poor/homeless/uneducated, the library is their only access to cyberspace-----but that is limited to maybe a two hour session per day.

people with more money (read: access) and more education will dominate the virtual world like they do meatspace.

hahaha "meatspace."

I wasn't trying to imply equal footing for every member of society. Obviously access is a predeterminant of voice. I mean waaaaay back in the BBS days, there was this innocence on the internets. People were genuinely excited about this new way to communicating, talking to each-other. For a *very* short while, there was no heirarchy. It looked like a great step towards equal footing, equal voice--all that.

I'm not implying that that was any better or worse then it is now, only postulating that we are who we are, and maybe there can never be equal voice anywhere, except maybe in Philadelphia--god bless her.

Probably the last month or so.

I was basically born and raised on MST3K. My father used to build the robots as a hobby, collecting all the original parts for each one. He actually made versions of them for Mike and Joel, since he had met them doing illustration work for the show, as there were no versions of the original bots left.

If you're really into it and ever need copies of episodes or anything, let me know, I can probably rip some for you.

Nice man, that is really cool. My brother has virtually every MST3K DVD they ever published, but unfortunately he is on the east coast and I can't ever watch them. I have a couple I got online, and always watched them when they were on SciFi, but would love some more. The DVDs on Amazon are pricey though...........

Meatspace, haha. I was watching American dad last night and the alien dude was talking about "Sweater Meat"......arrrggggghahahahaha. Cracked me up.

When were those T's available? Was it ages ago?