dunk contest 07

reka5matik

there comes a point where all you can really do is tweak dunks that have already been done. i dont know if its come to that point, but nobodys putting any effort to be innovative.

TIME TO DERAIL.

what dunk would you like to see?

id like to see someone pull out a sharpie in mid air, sign the ball, and dunk it.

The only thing left to do is to have a high dunk contest. I want to see who can dunk the highest. Dwight wanted to raise the rim to 12ft for his dunks, but the nba wouldn't let him.

Dwight's sticker jump should have scored more, I think the judges scored him before they really took the time to see what he had done...

I liked how Nate Robinson stood in for the cardboard cut out of himself... but it was painful to see it take him 10 attempts to nail the last one.

Gerald Green was probably the most impressive, but the judges should make sure that it doesnt turn into a novelty competition, with too many props and gimmicks, at the end of the day the best dunk should win... so "SHUT-UP AND JAM!" - Charles Barkely

This year's dunk contest was actually better than recent years. Seriously, the Dwight Howard sitcker dunk will rightfully go down as one of the best of all time. But guess what, jagoff Jordan Haterade was a judge. Either that or they didn't understand Dwight slapped a sticker up there.

As for the rest of all star weekend, it's never been something where people try hard. You remember everyone letting Magic win the MVP because they felt bad he got the homo disease?

But in the old days the dunk contest would balance out the actual all star game, the game was for the PR, and the dunk contest was for the hardcore. Now that the dunk contest went soft, there's nothing left for the hardcore. Cept this year we had Sir Cumference.

Dwight Howard definitely has some hops and I thought the sticker idea was genious. But watching it at first, you definitely can't tell he slapped a sticker on there untill the camera zoomed in.

I didn't watch all of the All Star game, but do they still do that nonsense of 1 WNBA player playing with 1 NBA player against another NBA/WNBA duo? I remember when they did that one year and that shit was WHACK! I haven't watched an All Star game since.

the dwight howard dunk is overhyped in my opinion. all the man did was stick a fucking sticker on the backboard. although i agree he should have scored higher. definitely not one of the greatest dunks.

i would have like to seen one of the other contestants cover howards sticker up with another.

gerald green did get a bit too dramatic, but i think thats what the dunk comp needs right now. a resurgence of creativity.

DUNK I WANT TO SEE: around the back 360 dunk.....

blindfolded........

and over yao ming.

that dunk was by far the best i've seen in recent years.

it's fucking creative. that's it. shit was hilarious and entertaining. i think that's really what matters. it doesn't make me excited to see a smaller guy dunk as much as seeing darryl dawkins break a backboard and give it a ridiculous name.

So when does the Dunk contest start? I can get SICK TOEBOX CREASES! Does that make me a Dunk chain?

There needs to be a high dunk. Whether we raise the rim, or provide an olympic style bar for the competitors to jump over. I want to see who has the most hops.

Well, although not on Television; There is the story about Earl "the Goat" Manigault jumping and grabbing a dollar off the top of the backboard and putting change in it's place. Now that, incorporated into a dunk would be crazy.

If you haven't ever seen it, watch the biographical movie on Earl staring Don Cheadle. It's a fantastic movie about one of the greatest street legends ever.

My friends and i kept discussing different dunks dwight should've done, being from orlando. He could've won if he had someone place a ball on top of the backboard, jump grab it off and dunk. Or if i can jump that high, have someone on a ladder holding the ball 12-13ft high and then grab it from him and dunk. He could've found a more creative way to use his height than the sticker dunk. Althout the sticker was hilarious looking.

This years dunk contest was dissappointing. Period.

Dee brown imitation was nice

Sticker dunk was a 45 for creativity - shit was hiliarious

Nate one handed alley oop was a 45 too… the guy is 5'9" … and he grabbed it out here ffs ---

But seriously, it was piss weak cause we all know what gerald green is capable off but he took safe route…. windmill dunk as an ender?… come on… i mean he put it between his legs off two feet during a pre-season game.

The way I see it, when you watch the dunk contest you want to see a dunk that makes you either jump out of your seat or laugh your ass off. Last time that happened was probably the nash header to amare.

But seriously where are the sick dunkers with just plain nasty dunks and no gimmicks?!… ie mason vs richardson…. mase with the rock the cradle and between the legs with the left hand, j-rich nasty alley oop 360 then shuts it down with the alley oop between the legs the other way left hander - and hows bout that off the glass between the legs the year after. I miss that shit.

Seriously, I would have rather seen all the judges and Kenny put on some sneakers and get on the court and just stuff around. Fark.

End rant.