Sign in to follow this  
jks

Outlets in Hong Kong

haha yes. anything that has a store in plaza 66. i'm surprised I.T can survive in shanghai.

Interestingly I.T. has a shop in Plaza 66. They also have one on Huahai Rd. I asked the sales people there if they did any business and apparently they said they do.

Interestingly I.T. has a shop in Plaza 66. They also have one on Huahai Rd. I asked the sales people there if they did any business and apparently they said they do.

Yeah but what brands are they moving, their own?

well seeing that jil, watanabe, chalayan, etc. aren't even that popular in hong kong (almost everything seemed to make it to the sales)... i highly doubt mainlanders would come fiending for it.

My point exactly, the "trendier" mainlanders do seem to find their way there, but for the wrong reasons, I guess someone has to buy the other "famous" brands.

Thats why people like us still go there once every blue moon to see if there's anything worth picking up. To be honest I ain't gonna pay full price for some of the stuff knowing it will make it to the outlets.

yes i know I.T is in shanghai, which is why I said I don't know how they survive there - they sell the usual suspects - dior, margiela, raf, jil, dsquared, apc, etc.

I don't think anyone really buys anything at plaza 66 though, i think it's more for show than anything.

Yeah but what brands are they moving, their own?

Apparently brands such as Raf Simons, Cabane de Zucca, Comme des Garçons, et al.

Apparently brands such as Raf Simons, Cabane de Zucca, Comme des Garçons, et al.

well given that SH is the fashion capital of china, it's not suprising.

also there are a lot of expats working there now as well.

well given that SH is the fashion capital of china, it's not suprising.

also there are a lot of expats working there now as well.

Well, given how much more expensive designer garb is sold in China due to tax and the proficiency of counterfeiters and the tendency of Chinese nationals' unwillingness to pay for what they deemed as overpriced items (for reasons like they do not want to be taken for a ride), its hard to succeed in selling designer wear in China.

Re the I.T. sale shop in TST:

Truth be told, you're only ever going to find a gem once in like a 100 visits (and trust me, it took that many visits but I live in the area so you can't blame me for trying).

I scored a Hussein Chalayan top for 10% of the price but it was ages ago (2 years?) and I haven't found anything worthwhile since.

Not an outlet, but I went to the I.T. sale in their store at the Miramar center, I believe, and got some nice if not only practical things like a short trench coat.

p1030580px7.jpg

Went there today to have a look, and found this.

they say a pic is worth a thousand words, so here are some pics of the shops, you can be the judge if it's worth going to...

photo0002wy3.jpg

photo0003qk6.jpg

photo0004hg7.jpg

photo0006mp1.jpg

couldn't take any in Lane Crowford coz I had security following me...