Where to find/buy a Pea Coat?

JdotWONG

I love ebay people charging a fortune for shipping. It's in california and $50 to the US?

Get a sterlingwear peacoat. It's the real deal. Nice looking, and warm as hell. Size down though. If you're a 38, get a 36. They're real nice.

My bad, I just saw item location :Southern California. I guess it's expensive to ship from california to china, then back to the US.

Search ebay for peacoats. Go to men's clothing and the vintage clothing section and search. There are tons of available peacoast and people usually provide measurements. I'm watching two of em' right now. DON'T STEAL THEM

For god's sake, if it is heavy wool then it would cost around $30 to ship from Japan anyways. Either way, it probably retailed for around $200, and since no one will bid it that high considering the huge shipping cost it will sell for less than it would have, to adjust for the expensive shipping. meh........

I believe the item will be bought from a taiwanese yahoo online seller. The ebay seller buys it and have it shipped from taiwan to So. Cal, then ship it to you. So basical.. your $50 will cover the shipping from taiwan to So. Cal, then to whereever your are at. Shipping from Taiwan to So. Cal (a peacoat..) should be around $30-35. He is not making much from shipping (probly 5-10 bucks out of the 50 you pay). The peacoat' starting bid price in TW should be around 30 bucks..

^the W+H pea coat up there is amazing but a little too pricey for me.

After reading the last pea coat thread and the great suggestions from this one (thanks to those who helped), Schott, Sterlingwear and there are a few from eBay that look pretty nice. Im really confused about the sizing for military issued or military styled pea coats. Most people are saying to size down but some websites tell you to size up.

Leaning towards the Schott 740 coat. I wear a Medium is most jackets/shirts and rock a 38S in suit jackets. Would I be good with a 38 or should I size down to 36?

I love ebay people charging a fortune for shipping. It's in california and $50 to the US?

Get a sterlingwear peacoat. It's the real deal. Nice looking, and warm as hell. Size down though. If you're a 38, get a 36. They're real nice.

The sterlingwear website says to size up.. what's the deal with that?

I believe the item will be bought from a taiwanese yahoo online seller. The ebay seller buys it and have it shipped from taiwan to So. Cal, then ship it to you. So basical.. your $50 will cover the shipping from taiwan to So. Cal, then to whereever your are at. Shipping from Taiwan to So. Cal (a peacoat..) should be around $30-35. He is not making much from shipping (probly 5-10 bucks out of the 50 you pay). The peacoat' starting bid price in TW should be around 30 bucks..

You were right! I went to Yahoo Taiwan and searched up Free Shop in shopping and found it. It's like a yahoo ebay seller. They got some cool stuff. Now I just gotta figure out how to get stuff shipped here...

http://tw.user.bid.yahoo.com/tw/show/auctions?userID=sx_japan&u=:sx_japan

I'd imagine the stuff is really cheap. So I can't vouch for quality. Just like the Korean stuff that popped up on here before it's probably not that great but it is a nice alternative because didn't those Korean sites need a minimum bulk order of $500? If anyone can figure out how to buy some of those jackets/coats let me know. I'ma try to ask some of my Chinese friends.

I was looking this past couple months, and I really wanted a Schott. But without a retail store near me I couldn't commit to a $150 coat without trying it on. I was able to find a couple at Burlington Coat Factory--they are authorized resellers--and they were only $80 or $90. But they only had sizes that were too big.

I must have tried on 30 peacoats when all was said & done. I'm fairly slender, so a good fit was such a bitch to find. Every brand: Polo, Chaps, Calvin Klein, J Crew etc. were pretty uninspiring and dissapointing. They were all "dumpy" looking on me, tight in the shoulders while looking like I weighed 300 pounds. I was lucky to find one that fit really good at an Express in the mall, but they were asking $250 for something that was ok style wise. I went back after the Christmas holiday & everything was on clearance. Got the coat for $70. I was happy.

I tried the army surplus store before anything & I was really dissapointed. They were asking $70 for their coats, but they were all made in Pakistan and fit like crap. And the quality was atrocious. Also, the thing about army surplus stores is that they don't sell ACTUAL "issued" peacoats. If you want an issued one, you have to buy one from someone who was in the navy. They should only have the size and government contract number printed on the tag. They may also have the soldiers name and stuff written in it. eBay is a great place to look for those, but look for sellers from Norfolk, VA because that's a major naval base there. I learned all that from my brother-in-law who was in the navy.

i got a viktor&rolf one at the start of winter and its really nice, was only about £70 as well (thats 140 dollars or so i think.) the v+r ones are long gone from the shops but i'm sure theres a fair few on ebay. fits nice but ive been thinknig about getting it taken in at a tailors to get it perfect. maybe next winter, springs on the way now!