the I love 90's skateshoes thread

cheapmuthafukr

eS was definitely the best shit back in the day.

I think I had like, 3 pairs of Sword 1s in half a year.

Kicker is I didn't throw ANY of them out, they're all rotting to bits somewhere in my closet, maybe I'll dig em out this weekend.

Oh, Axion had some solid shoes too, I remember loving Kareem Campbell's model.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know how there is a thin piece of rubber under the ollie area of the shoe? on the originals, before the es line dropped... so like 94 or 95, there was an extra piece of suede on the outside where the internal rubber is on the newer models.

Hands down MJ1s. So stylish and so comfy, not to mention amazing for skating. My koston 1s ripped like crazy since they used that weird fabric back then, K2s, K3s, and K5s were all amzing. I gotta say i liked my Sal 23s a lot, and REALLY liked quatros and tribos. I used to be obssESed. Also got a pair of Creager a few years back and they were great. I can say with a smile that my first pair of shoes my mom bought me for skating were stevie williams DCs they looked like basketball shoes and were so funny looking back in the day.

damn... first skate shoes i had... and real skate shoes, not airwalks(wore ones and jims for the first 6 months i skated), were etnies low raps... white suede with a black sole. moms was pissed because in a week and a half i had worn thru the first layer of suede. fortunately, they had 3 layers on the ollie area.

man... when did they stop making skate shoes durable? i remember th leather or suede was always thick, and if there was more than one piece visable on the outside than it wasnt cut out under it. fuck, even a pair of half cabs only lasts me 2 weeks now before im getting holes in my foot, week and a half before im getting holes in my socks.

weak... you need the etnies ones with the 23 and the extra piece of leather for ollie protection... first series before es came out. those were the shit.

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, i like the És one much better, mostly cause of the all black sole and a little cause the tongue was a little more padded.

Does anybody know any skateshops that sell old shoes? I was in Brussels this weekend and stumbled upon a skateshop with a whole bunch of old stuff.. Vitas, DVS Sheffeys, Saviers, etc.. Unfortunately, every pair was in an odd size... Would have been cool if more shops or distributors sold their old stock.

• 7 months later...

my 1st skate shoes....

-Adio Jamie Thomas V.2

-a few other favs...

-Emerica MJ -1s

-Lakai Scott Johnstons

-Emerica Templeton 1s

-Vitas

-Adio Jeremy Wray V.2

-Circa Muska Pro Model 1

-Kenny Anderson Pro -1 Converse

i was chilling at the fountain of youth today, the only skateshop in providence, recently opened by donny barley and he had the old emerica barleys there. they were so clunky looking, but awesome. also on a semi related note, donny is the fucking man.

i've had so many skate shoes over the years, i wish i'd kept all of them.

• 3 months later...

Nice find, Ed. I hadn't seen that yet.

They should've kept the shoe as it was and just slapped a Lakai logo on the sole.

WTF is up with those wack textures and colorways? Not to mention the "Keep it cool" on the heel.

The Navy/gum coloway had a lot of potential, but they dropped the ball by adding too much shit.

Nice idea though.

• 2 months later...