the I love 90's skateshoes thread

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit I'm so glad I have size 13 feet. Now the dillemma is whether to get the navy/grey/orange, or the black/black/white... I hope they're legit.

edit - Also, TPR950H, under the 'Customer Service' part of the site they've got a phone number. They look legit to me. I'm gonna give them a call.

Get both. If they're legit, I'll get both too. The number reads 1-555-555-5555 for me?

I had the Howards in blue. Fantastic.

I've said a few times now I want my Salman Agahs back. In navy. Thanks.

vanssalmanagahnf7.jpg

As I remember, Airwalks were better for gym class than skating, but the 86 was a nice shoe:

c41xc9.jpg

Also old Etnies Rap, Intercity in suede... what was the one that looked like stan smiths?

one side-aspect of skating that i like is being able to buy, enjoy, mow thru and subsequently throw away shoes w/out necessarily having to accumulate even more of them.

Just saw this, and I couldn't agree more.

I'd love to have some of the shoes I had when I was younger, but at least I know they were used as they were meant to, instead of babied like some Nike's.

i swear i hand almost every pair in this thread... seeing some reminded me of them.

agahs need to be reproed.

86 was a good shoe.

the guy axions in navy were one opf my favorites... the first kareem axions too.

KCK... white with white sole... probably one of the top 5 dopest shoes period.

that es ad a few pages back... with the entire line for 96... i wore out almost every model they had.

thanks for the memories

this thread is so dope, it's like reliving my teens years again. also, it sucks cause it came a week late. i have like 10 years of transworld at home, but i just moved and my gf forced me to put them in our storage room so if i get the motivation to go get them, i'll definitely get some more scans.

BTW Axion were so dope, don't really know why they went under/stopped making shoes. i had a pair of running shoes from then (not for skating) that was really dope and so comfortable. also need to get some scans on the Colin McKay 2 i think (the high-top one, i loved these shoes, got like 4 or 5 pairs of them, all for free:) )

also, what was the name of the DC that were all black with a huge DC sign at the heel, those were really nice also.

i really miss that era, skate shoes companies were really pushing it in terms of innovation and design, while i have almost completely lost interest now cause i find shoes to be boring.

if i go get my mags, i'll have to start a i miss 90s skate wear, and scan all those late Droors ad before they got sold to World Industries. they had the checkered ad with half the squares with a sequences and the other with the pro rocking some Droors gear, which is like my holy grail. The Droors lines of that era where just soooo nice

also, what was the name of the DC that were all black with a huge DC sign at the heel, those were really nice also.

i really miss that era, skate shoes companies were really pushing it in terms of innovation and design, while i have almost completely lost interest now cause i find shoes to be boring.

if i go get my mags, i'll have to start a i miss 90s skate wear, and scan all those late Droors ad before they got sold to World Industries. they had the checkered ad with half the squares with a sequences and the other with the pro rocking some Droors gear, which is like my holy grail. The Droors lines of that era where just soooo nice

DC's were Rudy Johnson 2's. So good.

Droors wear was okay but mostly it was just bites of Polo gear, still pretty cool though. The real shit was Elwood and Forties, if anyone remembers that.

I'll look for some other gems later, scan some stuff.

Haha. You wish. I think I have the box at my parents house. I'll show you what shoes they were.

what the fuck do alphanumeric dunks have to do with this? we're talking about skate brands and you may be hating on one of the best designs in skate shoes.