the I love 90's skateshoes thread

cheapmuthafukr

what the fuck do alphanumeric dunks have to do with this? we're talking about skate brands and you may be hating on one of the best designs in skate shoes.

Because at the time when I bought the Axions, my sister was pushing me to get the dunks, and I didn't. Looking back, I regret that purchase because I didn't like the Axions.

Some people consider SB a skatebrand.

And if I'm allowed to express my opinion on which shoes I like (MJ1, Koston1, Creager, Sal 23, SLB, etc.) who the fuck is to say that I can't say what I don't like?

Perhaps you weren't aware of the time when Alphanumeric Dunks were released and NO ONE GAVE SHIT ABOUT NIKE SB DUNKS.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because at the time when I bought the Axions, my sister was pushing me to get the dunks, and I didn't. Looking back, I regret that purchase because I didn't like the Axions.

Some people consider SB a skatebrand.

And if I'm allowed to express my opinion on which shoes I like (MJ1, Koston1, Creager, Sal 23, SLB, etc.) who the fuck is to say that I can't say what I don't like?

Perhaps you weren't aware of the time when Alphanumeric Dunks were released and NO ONE GAVE SHIT ABOUT NIKE SB DUNKS.

axions and sb dunks never existed simultaneously. unless you were buying some deadstock 3/4+ year old axions you're full of shit. and if you DID buy the axions 3 years after they had gone under and then skated them you're not wrong, but you're an idiot.

Where did they SELL Alphanumeric dunks??!! They aint even SB's!

im almost positive those were a prototype friends and fam kinda shoe..

Axion was already dying in its wack over-tech runner phase when nike barely started putting together the SB thing.. They were super scattered at the time putting out all kinds of experimental pre-SB dunks. like all the griptapes, 3M's, Ross', and pro-b's and shit.. enough about Nike. FUCK all that SELLOUT shit.

BACK TO 90's SKATEBOARDING!!

KEEP IT GOING!!!!

axions and sb dunks never existed simultaneously. unless you were buying some deadstock 3/4+ year old axions you're full of shit. and if you DID buy the axions 3 years after they had gone under and then skated them you're not wrong, but you're an idiot.

I believe this to be around 1998/1999. Around the time Stealth Wheel company was out and LRG first started from Santa Ana, CA. Planet Asia was doing their ads for Vice magazine and a Jurassic 5 shirt was a sign that you were into "underground".

Empire was the name of the store.

I believe this to be around 1998/1999. Around the time Stealth Wheel company was out and LRG first started from Santa Ana, CA. Planet Asia was doing their ads for Vice magazine and a Jurassic 5 shirt was a sign that you were into "underground".

Empire was the name of the store.

Great, and SB didn't exist as a division of Nike until 2002. Meaning you were just buying some dunks that nike did as a collab with alphanumeric, which is basically a snowboarding company with a skate team . . .

Great, and SB didn't exist as a division of Nike until 2002. Meaning you were just buying some dunks that nike did as a collab with alphanumeric, which is basically a snowboarding company with a skate team . . .

You're probably right. And I didn't buy them. I bought the Axions.

edit: So I apologize that I was not aware that Alphanumeric Dunks weren't SB.

enough about Nike. FUCK all that SELLOUT shit.

sorry... i used to think that, but after seeing what nike did for the tampa am this year(made it posable to see dinosaur jr for 10$ AND FREE BEER), and putting up 100000 for the tampa pro(which im sure you know is the only pro contest that means shit) im gonna support nike.

oh... and nikes skate good too...

sorry... i used to think that, but after seeing what nike did for the tampa am this year(made it posable to see dinosaur jr for 10$ AND FREE BEER), and putting up 100000 for the tampa pro(which im sure you know is the only pro contest that means shit) im gonna support nike.

oh... and nikes skate good too...

selloutea8.jpg

HA!

• 1 month later...