football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Arsenal v Liverpool

AS Roma v Man Utd

Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona

Fenerbahce v Chelsea

cska london as always paid some fuck to get an easy draw :D

as for Liverpool everything looks peachy, Arsenal first than Chelsea in the semis and Mancs in the final. I need to get some pills...

i can't believe schalke is still around - they haven't won in the competition except against rosenborg! the turks can definitely get it done against chelsea & i'm looking forward to seeing the wheels come off on that one.

i say liverpool, roma, barca and fenerbahce though i bet chelsea and the arse will get through just to annoy me

Chelski obviously have the hardest draw.

Yup. With Mateja Kezman leading the line and looking to score against his old club, and Fenerbache full of unknown Brazillians and the legendary Roberto Carlos, they will do the double over Chelsea and Grant will be sacked the second the final whistle blows and Chelsea is dumped from the Q finals.

Arsenal v Liverpool

AS Roma v Man Utd

Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona

Fenerbahce v Chelsea

cska london as always paid some fuck to get an easy draw :D

as for Liverpool everything looks peachy, Arsenal first than Chelsea in the semis and Mancs in the final. I need to get some pills...

Pool dont exactly have a good record against Gunners but Chelsea would be a pushover for them.

Finals would be Arsenal or Pool v United or Barca. If United go to finals, they will win.

SMH at Wenger & Co putting a spin on drawing lately though...like you get 2pts for that!

Thats a shame.

Gunners should aim for all 3 points even at the Bridge. Chelsea is ripe for the picking.

Drogba was ineffective at Sunderland. The less spoken about Sheva and Pizarro the better and Anelka who averaged 1 goal every 2 games have scored like 1 in every 10 games in Chelsea.

Ballack didnt look good at Sunderland as well. Malouda and SWP are blowing hot and cold. Grant isnt good enough and can be outwitted by Wenger.

And Pool less Torres outplayed Chelsea at the Bridge just last month.

So if Gunners go all out, they can nick all 3 points and smash Chelsea's I think 4 years unbeaten streak in BPL. That almost happened last season if not for Essien (who would be benched this time round I bet).

Tomorrow and Sunday could either clear up the rest of the season or make it a lot more interesting. I think Man Utd will beat Bolton but I thought that the first time they played this season. Spurs can surprise here and score a goal or two but Chelsea shouldn't have a problem bagging few as well. Should be an interesting game. I also think that Chelsea - Arsenal will be 0-0 but I hope Liverpool can pull a miracle 1-0 win over United.

Tomorrow and Sunday could either clear up the rest of the season or make it a lot more interesting. I think Man Utd will beat Bolton but I thought that the first time they played this season. Spurs can surprise here and score a goal or two but Chelsea shouldn't have a problem bagging few as well. Should be an interesting game. I also think that Chelsea - Arsenal will be 0-0 but I hope Liverpool can pull a miracle 1-0 win over United.

Man U v Bolton: Man U wins. Bolton got a chance in Reebok. No chance in Old Trafford.

Spurs v Chelsea: Spurs' season has ended but Spurs hate Chelsea and they can raise their game at WHL (No more 3 Points Lane for Chelsea) against the big guns as witnessed by their match with Man U and Carling Cup final. Result: Can be either one of the 3.

Man U v Pool: Rafa has only beat Fergie once in FA Cup Semis. Despite their so called revival claimed by Rafa, Pool's chance of winning BPL is long gone. But their rivalry with Man U is very very deep. Rio may be injured and Foster is not good enough and Ronaldo doesnt turn up for big matches. Dont know about Tevez who may be injured. Result: Man U wins or draw.

Chelsea v Arsenal: Grant is talking about Anelka and Drogba again which has been useless. Chelsea will play their hard players like Mikel and Essien and Mikel is a powder keg from exploding. Gallas and Toure have blundered of late but they will raise their game with Gallas being an ex-blue and Toure knowing Drogba.

Also, the last match showed how much Gunners hate Chelsea by raising their game against them. Expect more of the same with Fabregas and Flamini finding their form.

Grant will either dont sub, sub wrongly or too late. Wenger will sub and wait and wring his hands at the sidelines. Result: Draw or Arsenal wins.

the deciding factor in utd / liverpool is whether or not torres can score away from home. the statistics seems to suggest not. united win comfortably by 2, i'm saying 2-0 but 3-1 if the unthinkable happens. in the remote chance that liverpool nick it, it will not be 0-1.

i pip chavski to win 1-0, however if it's a draw it will be a score one.

did anyone catch jose on world soccer daily? is it worth checking out?

damn, the london derby was an absolute epic match. Made the right choice watching that :D

Spurs should have won. Chelski's back four was so0o0 shaky throughout. Avram Grant just proved how much of an idiot he is. Substituting kalou for alex was a really dumb move.

score it is. i had a feeling this will go the distance. good jobs spurs.

although i accept your praise, my prediction was for the chavscum / scum match... i figured today at 2-2 but didn't want to say it. we were unlucky today, if you count between today and last match we had 1 goal for disallowed that shouldn't have been and 2 against that should have.

damn, the london derby was an absolute epic match. Made the right choice watching that :D

Spurs should have won. Chelski's back four was so0o0 shaky throughout. Avram Grant just proved how much of an idiot he is. Substituting kalou for alex was a really dumb move.

As Villa have shown, if you take it to Chelsea and you've got quality, you can get something out of it and this is a Chelsea first team. Cudicini is no slouch either.

Spurs did what they did against Man U. Keep passing at a high pace and Chelsea kept losing the ball again and again.