football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Even as a gooner im glad Spurs beat Chelsea. Nothing worse than a plastic football club, infact Chelsea have been one of the main reasons why i've steadily backed away from football. The sport has become a plutocracy

Gunners even in Wenger's reign have a more than healthy proportion of red cards dished to them especially Vieira which Wenger would all of a sudden fail to see (but he can see when other teams do something like that to his team).

Like all managers then? You have no point

Thats the story of Spurs. Despite brand new central defenders, they still concede last minute goals.

hahaha SHOVE IT. king and woody were epic yesterday

mag did you go? i hear the lads were in full voice for 120.

it's a testament to how spurs played chelsea off the park that their opportunities were mostly limited to set pieces and drogba had to resume his campaign for the oscars. surrounding the ref after the final whistle was an embarrassment but to be expected from a team that thinks they can negate bookings by grabbing the card out of the ref's hand. in the end justice was served and don't see too many arguments to be had against that.

ps - tomtom i don't know what planet you're from but gooners are the biggest plastics around:

songsheet1.jpg

qed

I'm not sure how many of you saw this goal from past weekend. Fucking Real players are proper donkeys here. Raul is offside and they get the goal disallowed, when they are still celebrating Getafe plays the free kick and hits them on the counter. Only Guti has some fucking smarts to chase after the play, the rest of them are still sucking each other off. :D

FO-JhNbtVvE

yeah i pissed myself when i saw that

lmao @ donkeys, so perfect.

@readytoignite, nah i couldn't go, but it was great to see all the support. King i thought was sublime seeing it was his first game since the epic 5-1 game, hope he gets to full fitness and not used for special games soon; King and Woodie is a dream patnership.

It was really weird seeing the pics of King hammered in front of the nightclub though, did you see that? lol. But if anyone deserves the sucess at spurs, it's the King..

ps - tomtom i don't know what planet you're from but gooners are the biggest plastics around:

Are you on drugs?, sunshine. Wenger buys cheap, buys young and establishes his players, he doesnt wipeout the top of the range market in one summer with a billionaires chequebook in his left hand and a phone in his right.

Type some more shit to make me laugh again. Maybe something about how many foreign players we have, if yes then maybe we have too many black players aswell.

I'm not sure how many of you saw this goal from past weekend. Fucking Real players are proper donkeys here. Raul is offside and they get the goal disallowed, when they are still celebrating Getafe plays the free kick and hits them on the counter. Only Guti has some fucking smarts to chase after the play, the rest of them are still sucking each other off. :D

FO-JhNbtVvE

It took this fiasco for Real to lose their home record this season. And the race is down to 2 points with Barca getting their win back. Interesting,

Are you on drugs?, sunshine. Wenger buys cheap, buys young and shags his players, he doesnt wipeout the top of the range market in one summer with a billionaires chequebook in his left hand and a phone in his right.

Type some more shit to make me laugh again. Maybe something about how many foreign players we have, if yes then maybe we have too many black players aswell.

fixed for you. so pray tell what practices do arsenal follow to make them god's gift to the purity of football? and obviously since your lot are such bargain hunters why do you care about clubs with more money than sense? don't recall hearing any complaints during the cashley cole deal.

also i noticed your silence about your club handing out song lyrics to its own so-called supporters. i'm sure piped in music during goal celebrations is on its way

yeah i pissed myself when i saw that

lmao @ donkeys, so perfect.

@readytoignite, nah i couldn't go, but it was great to see all the support. King i thought was sublime seeing it was his first game since the epic 5-1 game, hope he gets to full fitness and not used for special games soon; King and Woodie is a dream patnership.

It was really weird seeing the pics of King hammered in front of the nightclub though, did you see that? lol. But if anyone deserves the sucess at spurs, it's the King..

Looks like Woodgate earned his transfer fee but I heard King's playing career would end prematurely during to his chronic knee injuries.

fixed for you. so pray tell what practices do arsenal follow to make them god's gift to the purity of football? and obviously since your lot are such bargain hunters why do you care about clubs with more money than sense? don't recall hearing any complaints during the cashley cole deal.

also i noticed your silence about your club handing out song lyrics to its own so-called supporters. i'm sure piped in music during goal celebrations is on its way

1) No one said they were gods gift

2) We care because theyre buying there way to the top

3) Like Anelka, Cole wanted out, his heart wasnt at the club so Wenger told him to stick it. Just because it was Chelsea buying Cole it doesnt mean the financial side of the deal should of be looked at differently. I said, Arsenal are cautious about there outgoings.

As for the lyric posters, they've always handed out lyric posters at all FA cup finals, it's not just Arsenal that do it.

3) Like Anelka, Cole wanted out, his heart wasnt at the club so Wenger told him to stick it. Just because it was Chelsea buying Cole it doesnt mean the financial side of the deal should of be looked at differently. I said, Arsenal are cautious about there outgoings.

As for the lyric posters, they've always handed out lyric posters at all FA cup finals, it's not just Arsenal that do it.

Hey gunners are dedicating BPL title to Eduardo. You think they can win it this year? Real dropped like 8 to 2 points and Barca may nip them. Even the bookies are saying Gunners will win and are offering low odds compared to Man U but with Gunners players injured etc and Man U on the rise, I think Man U can catch up especially since Gunners are playing the big 3 away.

Also, although Gunners can beat AC by a scored draw, I dont know. Gunners seems to be the least likely of the big 4 to qualify. Very tricky when you play AC in Europe.

Im still very unsure, they've hit a very rocky patch. Man U seem to be rocketing to top form so we need to keep our heads screwed on and stay confident. Its hard enough keeping on top, even harder when you have United tailgating you.

As for AC away, again i'm unsure. Being such a young side means when things go bad the team confidence goes completely out the window and they hit rock bottom, like Man U in the cup. However, looking at whats happened over the last few weeks will hopefully hype them up and create a real confident attitude towards the second leg, it would be nice to have a suprise upset like 5-1 thrashing we gave Inter Milan, But that was 2003.

so basically you're just moaning that chelsea spent a lot of money and had some success. and ar5ena1 do the right thing because they buy cheap players from overseas (but not growing talent through their academy, because that is apparently irrelevant).

let me ask you, do you really think what's wrong with football today is limited to billionaires buying football clubs and transfer fees but nothing to do with g-14 and their lot? pot, kettle etc.

i can't speak to other teams whose lyric sheets i haven't seen posted on-line (feel free to forward some links) but spurs only handed out flags to their supporters this past sunday and we seemed to make a fair bit of noise anyway.

mag - yeah i saw those pictures, looks like jj also had a rough night of it. but fair play to them - it's not like they were drink driving or raping anyone unlike certain other team's players i can think of.

so basically you're just moaning that chelsea spent a lot of money and had some success. and ar5ena1 do the right thing because they buy cheap players from overseas (but not growing talent through their academy, because that is apparently irrelevant).

let me ask you, do you really think what's wrong with football today is limited to billionaires buying football clubs and transfer fees but nothing to do with g-14 and their lot? pot, kettle etc.

I mentioned Arsenal buying young and cheap in relation to your comment about Arsenal being plastics. And yes, I am moaning about Chelsea's success. Most top league teams are rich, most teams have large financial backing, some more than others. However, within a 12 month period Chelsea went from just another mid table team to a near unstoppable world class team, they're virtually re-invented.

Of course thats not the only problem in football, but can you honestly admit that you dont have a problem with the billionaires buying into the sport for there own financial sake? It was a it used to be more of a game than a business. Now the business dictates the game.

Rant over, agree to disagree

I'm not gonna get into the discussion here but you have to be a fool not to think that Wenger is the best in finding young and cheap talent. Fuck, it even starts looking like he got Walcott on a bargain. Plus, when he buys new players they come into the team like they played with them for years. That fucking almost never happens to other teams.

KingSpursPartyXPS_468x666.jpg

Gotta leave them a few pounds heavier ... I'm loving how Jol is suddenly a rubbish manager who let his players over eat and made them poo whereas Juande is king ... trophy winner extradorinare ... "you know he has an excellent record in the cups" ...

Some one please explain to me how sir on the left ... a Scottish international full back is worth in excess of £8M.

mike, i don't think anybody is disputing the fact but i wouldn't ever mistake the practice for moral superiority over spending stupid money for players in an open market. although walcott for 5-12 million is hardly a bargain esp compared to 1 million for aaron lennon (much less 11 for berbs :D).

chino, there's no question that lack of fitness was a problem in the jol era. i mean the guy more or less said in an interview that he didn't care if his players went out drinking as long as they could perform on match day. but most supporters i know (myself included) honor his service to the club, don't blame him for not getting the players he wanted and generally are sympathetic to him after his treatment by the board.

yeah transfer fees are getting ridiculous with the tv money floating around and i suppose we are getting taken advantage of more than most. i don't think it's a bad signing, we needed cover at rb (tainio is still deputizing there) and there are strong doubts about whether chimbo is going to be around next season. sunderland splashing out 9 million for craig gordon is more of an eyebrow raiser for me.

Shimbonda (thank you David Pleat) is public enemy No. 1 with you guys really isn't he? Gallas was just as bad this weekend though. Especially given he's the Arses' captain.

We got Jol No. 2. He may have overseen the over eating and that excellent defence you guys had last year but I'm happy; he used to be Ireland No. 2 too. (missed out on qualification that year but oh well).

Shimbonda (thank you David Pleat) is public enemy No. 1 with you guys really isn't he? Gallas was just as bad this weekend though. Especially given he's the Arses' captain.

haha, you're not accusing spurs supporters of being fickle are you? chimbo (aka shimbomba) was immense his first season but his defending has gotten woeful (esp set pieces) and it's a lot more talk than action these days. i personally think we should keep him as cover but 1) he does seem to be on the outs with ramos and 2) we all remember what he did to wigan.

i think it's just normal reaction from people not being part of the particular club just as if a regular person would suddenly have alot/too much cash in their hands and started using them somewhat carelessly. same can go for clubs as well. arsenal have had a pretty steady climbing to the top since the late 80s/ early 90s while a club like chelsea just had revamp of their financial structure basically over night..i used to really like chelsea in the 90s when they were one of those great outsider teams that noone except the locals from the area rooted for. it had "coolguys" like erland johnson, dennis wise, michael duberry and the likes and they sported that commodore logo. must have even been one of the last clubs to get a non-eu player in the squad?yeah thats some serious rambling :D

haha, you're not accusing spurs supporters of being fickle are you? chimbo (aka shimbomba) was immense his first season but his defending has gotten woeful (esp set pieces) and it's a lot more talk than action these days. i personally think we should keep him as cover but 1) he does seem to be on the outs with ramos and 2) we all remember what he did to wigan.

Not really accusing them of being anymore fickle than the next bunch of fans I suppose ... or football managers/ players/ commentators. :rolleyes:

Gallas set a pretty decent precedecent for chimbonda at birmingham and I've heard his reaction being described as continentally emotional or some balls (it was Ian Wright but still). What he did as a captain ... throwing a hissy fit DURING the match while still actively involved in the match was disgusting. Chimbonda has come out with some shit about wanting more cash and the whole Wigan transfer saga was distateful but I could understand his actions a bit more as he's probably on his way out at Spurs.