football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Así, así, así gana barca...

bs red card (btw, where was the card when abidal put his hand around vp's neck?). questionable pq. arsenal were definitely being out played even before the vp card but they didn't deserve to do go out like that.

20 goal attempts to 0... attempts, not shots on! kase klosed

attempts are worthless at the end of the day unless you put them away. the superior team progressed, but you cant honestly tell me the outcome would of been the same if it stayed 12v11...i mean 11v11

but all of this is really futile, because mou's taking us to the promise land this year (probably not domestically though:))

crap, got Madrid. Crap mainly because of Mourinho rather than the team - I don't think we ever beat Chelsea when he was in charge iirc?

and ofc, Chelsea v Man U. Not the most favourable of draws for the premier league, but they should be exciting to watch hopefully; Spurs and Madrid are joint top scorers.

Think Barca and Schalke will come through the other draws.

*shite! imagine, it could be Chelsea v Spurs in the final.. An all London final at Wembley, with the Lilywhites winning would be glorious. Glorious I say. We'd have to beat Madrid and presumably Barca to get there though — piece of piss :P

love the draw. glad none of the weaker teams got paired together.

i thought april 17 & 20 was already bad enough, but now we gotta deal with barca in the semis on the 26/27 & may 3/4 too. 4 games in three weeks??? ridiculous...

i admire your enthusiasm spurs fans, but you brought this upon yourselves.

‘'Bring on Real Madrid and Inter Milan,’' Crouch. Not saying it's gonna be easy two games and i know i'm not really going out on a limb siding with the favorites, but there's NO way we're losing in the quarters.

you may have a point w mou since he finally got us over the hump.

but not with cr...(btw, thanks Gecko for the jinx. he's now sidelined for 3 weeks w a hamstring injury, but i still doubt he'll miss the first leg). not worried if we are CRless for the first leg bc as mush as i hate to admit it, we play much better as a unit without him. now that benzegoal has finally stepped up, the sole focus isn't on getting that one player (w the impeccable eye brows) the ball and watching him score. plus it's no secret that CR is pretty selfish when he's on the ball, so the ball movement and distribution improves ten fold when he's off the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

hoo boy..

I actually forgot to follow the game and only now the result caught my eye. Wounded.

Will have to catch up, but from what i've gleamed, Crouch was uncharacteristically moronic and we struggled from then on.

Our second stringers simply aren't good enough for the CL if we wish to be there every season. We still rely on Jenas??. come on Harry.

Will have to catch up, but from what i've gleamed, Crouch was uncharacteristically moronic and we struggled from then on.

Our second stringers simply aren't good enough for the CL if we wish to be there every season. We still rely on Jenas??. come on Harry.

i think crouch just got caught up in the occasion, strange though since he is relatively a veteran re: CL experience. he may have been weirdly inspired to try to lead by example but even among strikers his tackling is terrible.

in any case i think we still would have lost 2-0 if he had stayed on.. and no guarantees the margin wouldn't have been bigger. they were roasting us in the midfield. but yeah, the difference between 4-0 and 3-0 is huge

i don't have a problem with jenas as a squad player and with the 8 of our 12 million midfielders he's not the worst. his wages are probably manageable and certainly we'd probably get 500k for him at this point.

anyway all this went down the day after i bought my plane trip to london for the match next week. i guess the one positive is that getting a match ticket will be a lot easier.

what happened to lennon?

he was the one i was most worried about especially since marcelo was playing on the left...don't follow the spurs very much but they looked like a completely different squad when i saw them play w him against milan

• 2 weeks later...