football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

being a madrid supporter it is a dark day in futbol. first el copa del rey, la liga and now this...the only thing good about to today was Ronaldo in the all white (possible foreshadowing). felt bad for the guy today, he was the only one on his team that actually showed up to play.

you make it sound like this is a new development... :rolleyes:

yo can any of you soccer players give me any advice with anaerobic exercises. been trying to get conditioned for soccer and having never played on a team i'm a little clueless. cheers.

What's your general fitness level to begin with?

Every Tuesday back in University was 6 in 36 day...

set up a grid, 40 yards long, marked every 10 yards. Do a shuttle run in under 36 seconds with a 36 second rest. Repeat 6 times. It's not really a sprint but it's not a jog either.

Good win for Chelsea to wrap up a lack luster season.

I personally blame Fergie for the ridiculous line up he put out against Barca. Yea it worked against Arsenal, but Arsenal's midfield does not compare to Barca. Those 3 ran free all night.

^^^

couldn't agree more. park, giggs, and anderson were ghosts and by the time teves and berb came on, to little to late.

you make it sound like this is a new development... :rolleyes:

of course it isnt new news that RM are willing to pay out of their *** for ronaldo, just pointing out how good he looked in the all white. cant wait to see what pelligrini and perez do in the off season, but not just RM either because there is alot of talent out there. Villa, Ribery, Zlat, Ronaldo, Kaka, Silva, Tevez, Benz, Alonso...should be an busy off season

Every Tuesday back in University was 6 in 36 day...

set up a grid, 40 yards long, marked every 10 yards. Do a shuttle run in under 36 seconds with a 36 second rest. Repeat 6 times. It's not really a sprint but it's not a jog either.

thanks for the advice. a friend of mine used to do these apparently...my neighbors are going to think i'm crazy, haha.

thanks for the advice. a friend of mine used to do these apparently...my neighbors are going to think i'm crazy, haha.

Another one is increase and demand...

You start by jogging the perimeter... once you hit the corner you started off, you sprint that length... so basically it looks like

-full perimenter

-sprint 1 side / jog 3 other sides

-sprint 2 sides / jog 2 other sides

-sprint 3 sides / jog 1 side

-full sprint of the perimeter

Obviously you're bagged by the end and its' not really a sprint but a brisk pace.

Confirmed, Kaka sold to Real for £56M. So where does Bayern get off to say Ribery is worth £87M? lol

WTF!!! i read an article that said the same thing, but am now reading other articles that say the transfer has not occured.

I was :), then :(, and now :confused:, guess ill have to wait for something more concrete.

Guest umhaha84
the first thing that would jump to mind is ronaldo, rooney and park all out of position

lineup was horrible..........

they shoulda started Rooney and Tevez up top, with Ronaldo and Park switching sides constantly.

Park's more suited for a game where they need a draw.

he's more defensive player than an offensive player.

if you're going to call out dumb lineup decisions, the first thing that would jump to mind is ronaldo, rooney and park all out of position

That is what I was referring to. However Rooney has played a lot recently on the left side and does alright with Berbatov in the center. Park isn't an attacking midfielder and Ronaldo is a born winger. He can't make the same runs up the middle like he does on the wings. Agreed the midfield never showed up. Why Anderson got the start is beyond me. He hasn't started consistently all season. Oh well. There's always next year.

WTF!!! i read an article that said the same thing, but am now reading other articles that say the transfer has not occured.

I was :), then :(, and now :confused:, guess ill have to wait for something more concrete.

what's going on is that his dad is an idiot manager who likes to announce things long before they actually happen.

so with Chelsea out of it, it looks like Kaka will be moving to the bernabeu but i guess i gotta wait til monday. were also in talks with Silva right now which would obviously be a plus, but i dont know why they havent adressed the defenders yet when we need two

soccer players what boots do u rock? i play competitive rugby, but i play some pickup futbol whenever.

turf, hard grass = nike legends

wet, soft grass = predator mania's. yeah, i ball hard

Manias were a really good boot.

But all time favorite is still the Predator Accelerator

I think pato would be a flop at chelsea, hes not clinical enough for the english game
same here but i think he can finish well enough, but his movement and strength is still not there. i wouldn't mind chelsea splashing money on another sheva ;)

holland first european country to qualify for world cup. the way they are playing i can see them doing some serious damage.

same here but i think he can finish well enough, but his movement and strength is still not there. i wouldn't mind chelsea splashing money on another sheva ;)

holland first european country to qualify for world cup. the way they are playing i can see them doing some serious damage.

are we talking about the same team that tore through the group stages of the euros and then got bounced in the first round? dont believe the hype...

Looks like it's really happening.

From the Man Utd website:

11/06/2009 09:30, Report by Press department

Record Ronaldo bid accepted

Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice.