Missed Connections - SuFu edition, no homo

kauflust

as odd as it sounds, apcs are extremely easy to identify for me at least.

same, i always spot a pair.

I was pretty baffled when someone commented on mine. I can't really recognize them to any degree of certainty.

i commented on a jcrew/apc/clarks kids apcs once, "new standards?" (peeped the flipped up selvage) kid gave me a confused/annoyed look, "i donno, i gotem from apc..."

c'monnnnnnnn

when I'm there,

I'm nowhere near you.

I've never quite grasped the concept of small states yet. Like, I have a friend from Greenwich, and then it seems like everywhere is close to there. Or like, Massachusetts, where I can't imagine it being any larger than Boston. :o

And word, I see APCs everywhere. Seen Imperials also once, and Flatheads, but I don't really count denim any more as a sufu trademark thing. It's too popular to define as a sufu missed connectz.

Word up. It's super prevalent here at RISD. One of the main reasons I've decided to Rick / Raf it up instead - they'll catch up to my only-slightly-classier version of the +++jcrew.apc.clarks thing soon enough so I need to be on next level shit.

consider me passe, i was in the risd area two days ago in ++jcrew. nudie.clarks but i doubt the hombre your mentioning is a black dude, shoot! snaps finger, slaps knee*

p.s. and for the most part i don't see how you couldn't spot apc's from a mile away, their simplicity gives a look that can't really be mistaken

And word, I see APCs everywhere. Seen Imperials also once, and Flatheads, but I don't really count denim any more as a sufu trademark thing. It's too popular to define as a sufu missed connectz.

If I saw Flatheads in the city I would for sure think Sufu, atleast a lurker. I guess I would more just expect someone with nice denim in nyc to have bought it from BiG?

haha, I saw the guy and thought hypebeast.

I think type of footwear is more telling. And like, whatever shirt/jacket they're wearing. Raw denim is too like. filtered through the various internet communities and stuff now to say they're from sufu.

Although, I saw this one dude in Imperials in the subway once that I think was a lurker since the rest of his outfit was pretty normal looking.

I saw an asian guy at the University of Memphis campus with Nudie TFDBC and some kind of dunks. I was on a college visit, so I didn't feel like saying anything. Memphis is pretty much a desolate wasteland of fashion. I was wearing some black 511s and my friends pointed him out and said we were wearing the same pants.

I actually saw a black guy at the movie theater today wearing: evisu hat, evisu shirt, evisu shoes, and some of theseevisujeans_128.jpg

I complemented him on his jeans and then took his order. Motherfucker ordered $30 worth of concession food.

Also, I live in Memphis so everyone will think I'm really stylish and fashionable by wearing apcs and clarks!!

I saw an asian guy at the University of Memphis campus with Nudie TFDBC and some kind of dunks. I was on a college visit, so I didn't feel like saying anything. Memphis is pretty much a desolate wasteland of fashion. I was wearing some black 511s and my friends pointed him out and said we were wearing the same pants.

nudies and dunks = sufu :confused:

the dudes from slug cluthing go or went to uconn at some point. i see crazy grad students in edwins but i think they're on that chinee forum. there's this dude in flatheads/nudies that i see around sometimes.

I was just at uconn today and I saw some azn dude near the CLAS building walking around with a shemagh and i had a chuckle to myself :o... i still have yet to see evidence of anybody with notable dress sense there, aside from the chinese kids who are ever so misguided and try too hard

Sufu 2004.

Before your time.

Sufu 2004: Nudies and dunks

Sufu 2005: Samurais and dunks

Sufu 2006: Diors and dunks

Sufu 2007: Diors and common projects

Sufu 2008: Number (N)ine + Diet Butcher Slim Skin, lol.

wouldnt 06 be more like apc/dior and vans

I was just at uconn today and I saw some azn dude near the CLAS building walking around with a shemagh and i had a chuckle to myself :o... i still have yet to see evidence of anybody with notable dress sense there, aside from the chinese kids who are ever so misguided and try too hard

i probably know him, he's probably korean.

mulligans isladn, rhode island

had on what seemed to be some april77's and some killer brown boots, possibly AA for the top

What's Mulligan Island? If they were raw blue denim that was probably me since I wear cheap mondays / A.P.C. brown boots / AA tops most days when I have class.

*looked it up and I don't think I've been golfing anytime recently so probably wasn't me haha

asian kid with glasses and hat wearing a green northface hoodie with some patches on it and some SDA's with the old arcs at Rutgers.... I seee you dawg.

Wtf this is at Rutgers? That place is a black hole for steeze unless you're into the asian bro look. Triple 5 soul + Castro cap is avant gard shit there.

Also I know there's gotta be tons of lurkers in the NYU union square area. Anyone else go watch CChen battle Bobby Flay on bread pudding Throwdown this afternoon?