The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to a unexpectedly fortuitous sale on ebay, I made enough profit to buy a pair of the grey canvas Ralfs from Context. Trading something I didn't want for a pair of pants I really do, guilt-free, was awfully satisfying.

They're very lightweight and pretty loose-fitting - perfect occasional summer pants. I expect they'll be rolled above my ankles reasonably often. They're 32x34 and for comparison, fit about the same in the waist as my 30W ESDOs (but looser in the thigh and lower leg), a little snugger than 32W Samurais 510 19oz, and a little looser than 32W Imperial Dukes.

The first two pictures are for Ryan, who says he gets frustrated when detail shots are out of focus.

RRIC_008.jpg

RRIC_009.jpg

RRIC_010.jpg

RRIC_011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CONTEXT, the original U.S. retailer of Imperial just received a restock of Raw Indigo Dukes and Kings last nite.

I have Dukes in sizes 28 through 31 and Kings from 31 through 36.

I just filled all my pre-orders and still have some remaining.

We can't sell them online, so PM, email or call the store at 608 250 0113

and we will hook you up.

I'm sure they will change with wear, but since they are canvas and not denim and they are pretty light colored to begin with I expect the change to be minimal.

This is the first season of these, so they haven't been around long enough for us to know for sure.

Sam just wondering, weren't you the one doing the Atelier La Durance experiment with the tough guy named Don? I remember a thread about it, with pics, I searched but couldn't find anything.

Would love to see an update!

Don's Jeans (ALD Royal Pants) will be in the Context Gallery at the end of the month. They look sick, but I know everyone will love Sam's daughter Isla's jeans more.

What's the inseam on the KMW Rockers? Any info on the upper thigh measurement would be helpful too...

The Rocker's inseam measures 2" longer than tagged- so the 32s are 34 and the 34s are 36.

A size 32 measures 11.5" at the thigh.

are you guys going to get a restock of Atelier LaDurance black belts?

We will get more with our fall/winter order which should be getting here end of August/beginning of December.

^^^

We have a re-stock shipping out Wednesday, should be here early next week.

They will be the first of the exclusive CONTEXT x APOLIS ACTIVISM basics line - can't wait!

We'll get them up on the site as soon as they get here.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.jpg

Summer is upon us, and with it comes tons of hot new gear to Contextclothing.com.

Three brand new offerings from Nudie;

The Average Joe Heavy Dry fits like the Regular Ralf but with a straight leg. This is a very universal cut that can be worn by just about anyone. 14oz. dry denim that will break in fast and at $165.00 the Average Joe is destined to become a best seller.

average_joe_dry.jpg

The Grim Tim Dry Dirt Organic, Nudie's second 100% organic jean, this hybrid model is on the cutting edge of denim fits. A very wearable slim fit for those who like the Thin Finn but don't want the high rise and lowered yoke. Another new fabric that will break in nicely and is very affordable at $185.00.

grim_tim_dry_dirt.jpg

The Masa: The hotly anticipated 100% Japanese version of the Even Steven has finally arrived. With the Swedish and Japanese flags sewn in the waistband, it's limited production and distribution combine with the strictest construction standards to make the Masa perfect for the Nudie lover and the denim enthusiast.

even_steven_masa.jpg

These new items are available in limited numbers so get on Contextclothing.com or better yet stop in the store and snap up yours before they are gone.