the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

To my Asian-Canadians:

How does it feel knowing white college students are leaving top-tier universities (and experiencing a decrease in applicants) for lower-tier because they feel the classroom settings are "too Asian"?

my ex is studying at the university of toronto and she estimated that about +85% of the whole campus is asian

Riddle me this, Asia...

I was in Thailand for the past 2 weeks on honeymoon with the wifey, and EVERYWHERE we went, we saw Asian couples wearing matching outfits. Ex: girl wears white tank with black/white tiger stripe miniskirt and flip flops, guy wears white t, same pattern black/white tiger stripe shorts, and flip flops. I saw at least a dozen couples doing this, some staying at our hotel would mix up the outfits and match every day.

I need some kind of an explanation because that shit is wild.

I've seen mostly Koreans do this. Occasionally mainland chinese. The one time I've seen Japanese folks do this was in the 80s where a family of 4(mom, dad, kids) were rocking Jordan IIIs.

Is it a cultural thing for the east Asians? So they can locate eachother easily if they get lost? Or just to look "cute"? I mean, in my 28 years of life on this earth I've never seen anything like it.

let me get this straight:

you are asking the kind of question that an extremely rude white tourist would ask, because you are what, an idiot, a sort of racist...I dunno? "Ha ha them slant eyes totally dress alike in couples how strange and completely unlike us normal Americans!"

Why is everything you post so fucking retarded? Do you only have two brain cells that you rub together desperately looking for a spark of insight?

You are 28 years old. I just want to point that out, because really, motherfucker?

Is it a cultural thing for the east Asians? So they can locate eachother easily if they get lost?

why would they get lost? are you saying all asians look alike to the point that they can't distinguish between a stranger and their significant other?

so racist!

Is it a cultural thing for the east Asians? So they can locate eachother easily if they get lost? Or just to look "cute"? I mean, in my 28 years of life on this earth I've never seen anything like it.

it's kinda like couple rings/necklaces/whatever.. but couple t-shirts/outfits. korny as fuq but whatever

not hard to grasp. not sure if you're trying to be funny about the "locate each other" thing

you are asking the kind of question that an extremely rude white tourist would ask, because you are what, an idiot, a sort of racist...I dunno? "Ha ha them slant eyes totally dress alike in couples how strange and completely unlike us normal Americans!"

Why is everything you post so fucking retarded? Do you only have two brain cells that you rub together desperately looking for a spark of insight?

You are 28 years old. I just want to point that out, because really, motherfucker?

Dude you are such a self righteous prick. My points are totally valid. If I'm in a crowded market with my woman, I can easily lose her, regardless of race. Whether they're asian, white, black, hispanic, or any race, dressing in matching outfits is fucking lame. I don't care what type of "ignorant American bigotry" you want to chalk my opinion up to, it's fucking lame.

But I forgot... you grew up really poor right? So your opinion on any sort of "worldly" issues like generalizing middle class white people is the be all, end all.

"Ha ha them slant eyes totally dress alike in couples how strange and completely unlike us normal Americans!"

Not true. Whenever I'm in Japan, you can always run into white couples in urban metropolis tokyo head to toe Patagonia, mountain climbing boot\sneaker hybrid, giant climber backpacks w\ camelback attached looking ready to climb mount Fuji.

Dude you are such a self righteous prick. My points are totally valid. If I'm in a crowded market with my woman, I can easily lose her, regardless of race. Whether they're asian, white, black, hispanic, or any race, dressing in matching outfits is fucking lame. I don't care what type of "ignorant American bigotry" you want to chalk my opinion up to, it's fucking lame.

But I forgot... you grew up really poor right? So your opinion on any sort of "worldly" issues like generalizing middle class white people is the be all, end all.

i've reread this like 4 times and i still don't understand what you're getting at

some asians think couple outfits are super kawaii. that is all.

The title of this thread is 'the "ask an asian" thread'. Stupid questions are meant to ensue.

it's just like going in the ask a black dude thread and being pissed off cause someone ask "lol why so many black guys in popeyes"

just sayin

^I was just curious if there's a function to the couples outfits or if it's just a "cute" thing. Maybe they do that kinda shit in the midwest, but I've never seen it before and it was obviously very intentional and I found it intriguing.

you found this intriguing? you must be an extremely boring person.

The title of this thread is 'the "ask an asian" thread'. Stupid questions are meant to ensue.

it's just like going in the ask a black dude thread and being pissed off cause someone ask "lol why so many black guys in popeyes"

just sayin

valid

been asked before, but never received answer that fully satisfied. majority of Asian people around nor cal (where I am) are liberal, but I always hear that tons of Asian Americans are conservative because they all think they will be rich/send their kids to law school or med school and don't want to pay higher taxes (don't want them to pay higher taxes)/hate welfare (blame Black people on welfare for higher fed taxes)

is this true for your area? estimated ratio of liberal AA's to conservative AA's?

let me know if this is true for your area

Not true. Whenever I'm in Japan, you can always run into white couples in urban metropolis tokyo head to toe Patagonia, mountain climbing boot\sneaker hybrid, giant climber backpacks w\ camelback attached looking ready to climb mount Fuji.

or East Bumblefuck, Alabama Sweatshirts and fanny packs

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of a couple matching in Shanghai

IMG_0188.jpg

I thought that since they dont have enough balls to be smooching in public the closest they can get is matching clothes.

is that your claim or their claim? or am i reading too much into that question?

Mine.

Somewhat related, I find it funny when food corps/grocery stores market "Asian" food. As if Thai food tastes anything like Japanese, etc. Makes me want to start a "European" line of frozen foods.

I am lumping them all together for the purposes of this question. I realize that japanese food <> thai food <> chinese food <> cambodian food etc but they're all 100x better than anything coming from the americas or europe or africa (IMHO).

To my Asian-Canadians:

How does it feel knowing white college students are leaving top-tier universities (and experiencing a decrease in applicants) for lower-tier because they feel the classroom settings are "too Asian"?

Same as US in the 70s. Too many Blacks in class (too many = more than 8%), so white people ran to tiny liberal arts colleges. White people always runnin. Need to ask about that in white thread.

Also, don't underestimate the people who pretend they intentionally went to a lower-ranked school for this reason or that reason. Usually they just got dinged and are lying about it.