help sneaking out

startmeup

my parents pretend to care

i just give a lame excuse

regardless of how late it is, if it is simple and wholesome they will let me out

im going to go guitar hero with my theatre friends!

i come home 3 hours later

smelling like some combination of spilt drinks, cigs and hookah

and they are usually fallen asleep at the tv

making a fake doppleganger of sorts in your bed helps too

• 2 weeks later...
update: thanks for the help! i have one success story, i got to pregame today after scrubbing the jim beam off my floor with a toothbrush as my punishment by using a (cliche i know) sheet to climb out of my house. and onto the street. got back about 15 mins ago, i reek of skyy and dos equis but at least it worked!

dam, startmeup, weren't you scared your sheets were gonna rip or unloosen?

anyway, back then, i snuck out and came back home, i jumped my wall to go through my window in the back, unfortunately my neighbor saw me and thought i was a robber, so she called the cops, i came in the house went to sleep, about thirty minutes later my dad goes into my room and asks, "so where did you go tonight?"

i'm sure this will be an unpopular suggestion but it's what happened to me in high school so it's the only thing i can offer:

get good grades, everytime your parents try to be "parent's" (ask about homework, tests, report cards) show them your good grades and tell them to fuck off...eventually they will

After my first year of doing this, i had total freedom in high school, no curfew, no check-ups on where I was, what I was doing etc...of course I had some help from my older sis who was a fuck-up and was scandalously dating a black guy which was a huuge no-no in my conservative asian family --- they were so busy with her, I slipped under the radar :-) sometimes cultural backwardness works to your advantage

i'm sure this will be an unpopular suggestion but it's what happened to me in high school so it's the only thing i can offer:

get good grades, everytime your parents try to be "parent's" (ask about homework, tests, report cards) show them your good grades and tell them to fuck off...eventually they will

After my first year of doing this, i had total freedom in high school, no curfew, no check-ups on where I was, what I was doing etc...of course I had some help from my older sis who was a fuck-up and was scandalously dating a black guy which was a huuge no-no in my conservative asian family --- they were so busy with her, I slipped under the radar :-) sometimes cultural backwardness works to your advantage

hey! i know how you feel. its liek that right now. i still live with my parents.

were kind of older than high school but parents still care. so yeah...haha thank you sister for being a fuck up!

As a high school kid who only recently became rule/curfew free, there are a couple ways. My personal favorite was always to leave minutes after i got home at night, because they don't think it's strange for you to still be moving around the house. However, if you're locked down in the house, your best bet is going to be out of a window or a side door. It's really that simple, just don't be dumb when you're coming back in(for example, vomiting all over yourself in bed). I did this with not only a parent curfew, but a court imposed curfew, so go for the gold!

• 2 weeks later...

you gotta get sneaking shoes (mine are black adidas samoas) wear a hooded sweatshirt, and park on the street. come in through the bathroom window and immediately turn on the shower so if you parents hear you making noise and come downstairs, you'll have an excuse. plus no one can interrogate you if youre in the shower. PLUS nobody will know youre drunk if youre in the shower.

:-) happy creeping

yup still grounded, but i convinced them to push it down to only 3 more weeks instead of until june by having every kid in my school sign a '"free skinnyjeans!" petition. genius.

that sounds a tad degrading...

maybe its best to just succumb to the fact and spend your nights at home with that lovely girl whos always there for you that we up here like to call 'Ms. Michigan'

Sneaking out was never the problem for me, it was sneaking back in. It sucks when the windows you left unlocked when you left are mysteriously locked when you come back home.

hahahahahaha.

WORD.

happened once before...had to ring the bell, tell my dad i fell asleep in the backyard, and the reason i was out there was because i felt sick.

I used to put the car in neutral and push it down the street before starting it so my parents wouldn't hear. On the way back home I would give it some gas then turn it off and coast it back down the street and into the driveway. Anybody else do this? For me, it was key.

• 3 weeks later...

haha brings back memories of my high school days clubbing.

would use to creak open my window [my room was at the back], climb around the backyard, ONTO the garage [1 level up], and then slowly lower myself down to the ground. all the while with my shoes/shoelace tied around my neck. socks are such good creep wear.

getting out was the easy bit.

getting in DRUNK was hard. hard to do a chin up to bring myself to the top of my garage.

crazy shit.