Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

some BNR bangers have been popped out the blog womb lately. i've heard them all on a few mixes by the man himself and i'm glad i can get my hands on them finally.

shadowdancer- soap:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dygnmy1bbnc

teenage bad girl - cocette (boys noize rework):

http://www.jacuzzikillers.com/media/Teenage%20Bad%20Girl%20-%20Cocotte%20(Boys%20Noize%20Re-WorK).mp3

yo what are some essential tracks you guys would play at a massive house party, electronic music is somewhat familiar here (art school) except there's never been really a legit party w/DJ. i'm talking more lady-friendly tracks (at least the first hour or two).

i rounded up some fitting bangers... van she tech, yelle remixes, hot chip remixes, SMD, the knife. if anyone wants to chime in with some key tracks i'd more than appreciate it.

also anyone have klaxons - magick (smd remix) in a 320 by any chance?

also for the girls:

britney spears - womanizer (tommie sunshine remix)

estelle - wait a minute (sinden remix)

mariah carey - i'll be lovin u long time (designer drugs remix)

midfield general - disco sirens (calling in sick remix)

the presets - talk like that (miami horror remix)

super mal - bigger than big (bag raiders remix)

thunderheist - bubblegum (hatchmatik remix)

the ting tings - great dj (calvin harris remix)

rhiana - umbrella (vndlsm remix)

i'm kind of bored.

i got all excited over an opportunity to spin my first real gig at this stupid 18+ party at a club downtown, but one of the promoters gave me some ridiculous percentages for genres he wants played. something like 80% hip hop 10% house and 10% classic rock. i warned him before hand that i pretty much only do electro dance sort of music and hip hop remixes.

has anyone figured out if its at all possible to throw the two in a mix without it sounding like garbage? i feel like if i just sort of threw a hasty transition into a lil wayne joint after some fake blood etc etc people wouldn't even pay much mind.

i got all excited over an opportunity to spin my first real gig at this stupid 18+ party at a club downtown, but one of the promoters gave me some ridiculous percentages for genres he wants played. something like 80% hip hop 10% house and 10% classic rock. i warned him before hand that i pretty much only do electro dance sort of music and hip hop remixes.

has anyone figured out if its at all possible to throw the two in a mix without it sounding like garbage? i feel like if i just sort of threw a hasty transition into a lil wayne joint after some fake blood etc etc people wouldn't even pay much mind.

fuck it, get paid

where at???

fuck that dude. i would never spin at a place that made me play a certain type of music regardless if i'm getting paid (assuming you're not making mega bucks). you literally hate your life the entire time there, and you can easily find a spot where you can play what you like and still get paid.

51IMYpWoaRL._SS500_.jpg

I recently checked out a compilation called EVER BETTER. I think they are French? I thought it had some really good songs selection. Some are older well know songs with interesting remixes and others songs I haven't heard of before. I liked it more than the last few kitsune releases. Anyone have more info about this label/compilation? Their website wasn't much help.

http://www.everbettermusic.com

where at???

san diego. im getting a crate worth of hip hop dance songs from my du' who spins that sort of stuff. if i end up doing it ill probably just keep them running with some half-assed transitions then mix in something good when i get really bored, see how everyone reacts.