Superfuture Dance Thread

masuerte

So screw all these inside jokes (haha), boring youtube waywt descriptions, rants, raves, flame wars, disturbing asian fetishes, e-beefs, e-peen circle jerks and the general shit that is supertrash.

I just wanna dance.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

i've met white people who can dance, but most cannot. it's like white people have a missing dancing gene or something.

one time i had to walk through a room of dancing white people and i almost got killed.

i got punched in the eye and my contact flew out. needless to say it was trampled to oblivion within seconds.

historically, making fun of how white people dance has been around since the times when white people got into contact with non-white people.

the "cakewalk" which is generally regarded as a game you do at fairs and festivals started out as african-american slaves ridiculing how white people dance. since freedom of speech was in its pre-infancy stages at the time, african-americans couldn't ridicule white people with the reckless abandon that they do now. so, they created a game that they would play where they would make fun of the stilted, soulless dancing of the white man without the danger of being beaten, flogged, lynched or killed. the winner would get a pie or a cake.

white people observed this and like many other african-american inventions claimed it for themselves. as a result, we have the modern form of the cakewalk. ironically, white people excelled at this game, winning several world championships.

don't believe me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cakewalk

this is not to be confused with the crip walk. white people have yet to commandeer this dance safely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crip_Walk

^^My favorite is "slow man" (registered trademark)... stupid moves dancing in slow motion.....it freaks people out

Ha hah. I need to see this man.

We should organize a night out luring chicks with our sweet dance moves and then hump them where they shot the Shire in Lord of the Rings. That would be a good trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsYG-dl55Q

Drifterz Crew, a korean bboy crew who have been the world champions for a few years in a row now. Usually comes down to Korea and France in finals. They actually lost to a French team called Pocketmon ( i think ) due to technicality but i think the judges ruled Drifterz Crew as champions later on. Theyre simply amazing

z95u6K0XxyY

LILOUUUUUU! just the highlights, but it's sick as hell, you can find the whole battle in the related videos, though.

oblRnGLLMyk

sick pop & locking

K3YGImiCzHI

pretty flashy & obviously not legit in terms of actual gang dances, but looks nice & flashy.
blood walking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsYG-dl55Q

Drifterz Crew, a korean bboy crew who have been the world champions for a few years in a row now. Usually comes down to Korea and France in finals. They actually lost to a French team called Pocketmon ( i think ) due to technicality but i think the judges ruled Drifterz Crew as champions later on. Theyre simply amazing

they're called pockemon - i met lilou and some of the other guys in china - they're fucking crazy.. but yeah koreans are on top of the powermove game for sure.

they're called pockemon - i met lilou and some of the other guys in china - they're fucking crazy.. but yeah koreans are on top of the powermove game for sure.

Korean bboys and Japanese bboys are crazy, mixing all kinds of styles, it's ridiculous.

for all you non dancing ass crackers here ya go Learn to Shake Your Groove Thang

The winter months are meant for neither poolside nor patio lounging. They are, however, meant for hitting the club, checking your coat, basking in the body heat of sexy, gyrating ladies, and getting your dance on. So, if you don't know how to dance, what are you planning on doing until April rolls around? Short of doing a lot of very concentrated drinking, it would seem like your best option is to learn how to shake your groove thing.

The Basics:

1) Don't believe the people that tell you no one will notice if you're a horrible dancer. People notice, even if they're drunk. And they may even tell their friends. Soon, you'll be famous around the club for your complete obliviousness and lack of rhythm, neither of which are good labels to have while trying to pick up the ladies.

2) Don't enlist the help of your studly friends, unless you can verify their dance capabilities. Otherwise, it may just mean two left feet leading two other left feet around in circles.

3) Do find the rhythm. Most club music (jungle, house, hip-hop, etc.) should be countable in groups of eight counts, with a fairly solid bass line. Nod your head to the bass line, secure in the knowledge that small movements with the music look much better than large movements while ignoring the music.

4) Do mind your appendages. Any accidental instance of foot-crushing, butt-grabbing, or slapping with a flailing arm will not go over well wih your fellow party-goers.

5) Do start small. Once you've got your big-pimpin' head nod down to a science, you can enlist the talent of other body parts. Shift your weight from foot to foot in rhythm, or add a little back and forth motion with you upper body. Gradually, add another body part or increase the movement of an already-twitching part.

6) Do enlist a partner. Despite the fact that, traditionally, men lead when they dance with women, you can take a cue from the cute girl you're dancing with. Assuming that she won't slap you for getting fresh, carefully place your hands on her hips while she dances and notice the path that they make. Men tend to be less mobile in the mid-section than women, so try to perform a slightly more subtle version of the movement her hips are making, in unison with her.

For the hopeless: Bring in your brother's girlfriend, or some other friendly female to act as your at-home dance partner. Teach yourself there, shame-free, before trying to bust anything out at your dancehall of choice.

For the really hopeless: You can always just be "that guy" who is waving his beer in the air and inviting women to come dance for or on him. If you must.

oblRnGLLMyk

sick pop & locking

just to keep this informative - this is locking (first part) and popping (second part - more specifically boogaloo) not pop & locking / pop-locking. while there actually is a dance called pop-locking (not to be confused with popping either), this isn't it. but yeah, hilty and bosch are fucking great. originality lockers from korea are great also. met woong while i was in seoul, he just uploaded a few vids on youtube....

and if you're into popping do yourself a favor and check out the any of the electric boogaloos!

so who dances?