John Galliano F/W '07-'08

Analog

I was yammering about functionality the other day, but this is great! It's like he's not even trying to be "fashion as art" in any way, he's just having a ton of fun with clothes that look like costumes and costumes that look like clothes.

• 7 months later...

I think Galliano is such a chamelion.... every season with him is something totally different. I also find him to be one of the most versatile designers, for John to go from these very theatrical costum-esq clothes to womens couture designs for dior it really shows his talents. Obviously his clothes are more artistic than functional but clearly exhibits a great deal of talent, diversity, and creativity. but just my thoughts

I think Galliano is such a chamelion.... every season with him is something totally different. I also find him to be one of the most versatile designers, for John to go from these very theatrical costum-esq clothes to womens couture designs for dior it really shows his talents. Obviously his clothes are more artistic than functional but clearly exhibits a great deal of talent, diversity, and creativity. but just my thoughts

Yes fully agreed. Somehow or rather one has to see beyond the clothes to truely appreciate what Galliano has done. Its more than just pieces of fabric on a runway.

• 1 month later...

Just because this thread has popped back up, I thought I would throw some praise towards Galliano's Spring/Summer '08 collection--far and away my favorite in a really disappointing season. There are so many looks in here that have great, exciting pieces that are wearable while still working theatrically for the show itself. I just love some of these looks and the presentation draws me to some of the less functional ones because you can see how well the pieces work in earlier looks. I'm especially loving the orange shorts! Anyone know if he is going to produce the boots?

00040m.jpg00080m.jpg

00140m.jpg00160m.jpg

00170m.jpg00290m.jpg

00340m.jpg00390m.jpg

00630m.jpg00660m.jpg

And I really think Galliano looks like Mariah Carey with a mustache.