John Galliano F/W '07-'08

Analog

Wow, that's one of the first 'conceptual'-ish collections I've seen that I kinda liked, road warrior ninja zapatista minotaurs = awesome. Almost all the jackets are really nice (and suprisingly wearable).

This look is probably my favorite:

00130mgg2.jpg

EDIT:

The boots that the camo guy and red haired guy are wearing are amazing looking.

MORE EDITS:

More that I really liked:

00220m2df.jpg

00400m749.jpg

Think I'm crazy if you will, but I love this. If you really break down some of the outfits there are some eminently wearable pieces that are quite nice, and some fascinating silhouettes that so escape every convention of what every other designer is doing that, imagine yourself wearing it or not, as an aesthetic experience it's really something else. As always with his shows there's so much that it can't all be good, but that's Galliano.

I love the assymetry and details on this jacket. Again, screenprinting is a little over the top, but Galliano always is. I could never see myself wearing this, but I think it's really interesting:

00390m.jpg

I may be enjoying this collection so much frankly because it's almost so the opposite of everything I'm usually interested in and what I usually like, but we'll see what I think in a couple of days. At first glance, at least my eyes are loving it.

I agree with you Servo. I think it's fun, irreverent, energetic - it's fashion as theatrics! What's not to like? I mean you don't guage this stuff using the same metrics you would use with Jil Sander, Raf, Dior etc.

God no. The difference is that with the latter it's a beauty that requires your mind, appreciation and taste, as much as your eyes. With this; pure spectactle! The fact that it's so seperated from the former is refreshing. This collection is the summer (or winter!) blockbuster film compared to an extremely subtle independent film. If you only ever experienced the former, you would be confused by the second, and in my opinion as a consequence you would become a righteous bore in your inability to comprehend difficult beauty.

If you really break down some of the outfits there are some eminently wearable pieces that are quite nice, and some fascinating silhouettes that so escape every convention of what every other designer is doing that, .

Agreed. Look past the theatrics and it's easy to see Galliano's mastery of tailoring...

also is it me or is Galliano wearing a lot of DH jeans lately? Or are those his own label knockoffs of DH?

Whoa. I think this dude saw one too many Gwar videos. I haven't liked anything Galliano has done in the past, but this is just so over the top it's brilliant. I bet those jackets are going to be like $4,000 or something completely ridiculous.

The new collection hitting the online shops looks like typical boring Galliano though. I think it works well on the runway, but unless you're draping yourself in it, I don't see any practicality whatsoever in actually owning it.

i don't think he was influenced much by gwar...the collection would be 6x better that way. more styrofoam = meat sandwhich.

it still kicks ass though. i definitely want a helmet but i prolly can't afford it.

I don't know much about John, only his work with Dior (this is probably because im only sixteen...) So I wiki'ed him...

Galliano says he follows a rigorous exercise regime which sees him rise at 6am each morning to complete a gruelling, 40-minute aerobic session with his personal trainer, before embarking on a 10-minute stretch, doing 150 push-ups and a six-mile jog along the banks of the Seine River. "Working flat out, it was a necessary step to take," he once said. "It helps to concentrate the mind and I find that I have so much more energy and focus."

So, is any of this stuff actually going to be for sale? Or what? I'm confused. I'm guessing the footwear, maybe some pants and jackets, but I'm assuming the Warcraft cosplay pieces won't be available for general sale...
I'm uh, keeping my hopes up for the dick sock in the 9th pic..

I will never in my life buy anything Galliano, because his style is in many ways the antitheseis to my tastes, however, this collection makes me want to wear it and go out kicking ass while yelling japanese expletives.

i wouldn't say that. galliano has some great pieces, he does some excellent tailoring and has some more "toned down" pieces that i'd definitely wear. but its all too expensive anyway. he also has the tendecy to make a great piece but ruins it by putting a huge john galliano logo somewhere.