Fake Levi's on ebay

Are you talking about these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52392&item=8302953321&rd=1 501 on the back of the top button????

and these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52392&item=8302954081&rd=1 501 on the back of the top button????

and these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52392&item=8302956851&rd=1 LEvi's written on both sides of the tag????

You don't even have to look at the pictures to know they're not real!

Edited by johnmc on Apr 28, 2005 at 02:54 PM

hi john,

as far as i can see, all the pics you provided, seem to be real LVC or at least real vintage levis big E's. please tell me if i am wrong, and why?

cause they all have the selvedge, at the bottom and in coin pocket. leather patch. and they dont look like fakes to me.

i own 5 pairs of LVC and they all look similar to those.

regards

Im a bit of a newcomer to this.... please excuse my ignorance! any help would be much appreciated...

Can somone please clarify how to spot a fake pair of 501's for me.

I am in thailand at the minute an the place was littered with what I guessed to be 501 rip-off's (Mainly because of the price)

They all apear to be constructed of selvedge denim and seemed to be authentically aged - ie. actually worn out, not just stonewashed.

How can I be certain of the authenticity of these and other 501's for sure?

thanks for your help

Sam

sam79london

Real old 501's will have a low number or maybe a letter on the back of the top button or it may be blank. If they have been washed many times the red lines in the selvage will be faded to pink or not even visible.

th_501xxpatch.jpg

Edited by johnmc on May 1, 2005 at 11:48 AM

• 4 weeks later...

The reason they add the selvage, I believe, is because of Evisu has recently begun adding selvage to the buckleback to further strengthen their image against counterfeits. These are probably made by the same people making high-end fake Evisus and Yens.

Denim Fanatismé. The Arc, 2005. Lee151Z Clear Pocket - Wish'a'knew.

Try Evisu DoraAmon jeans or Yen Jeans, you will see a selvage white with red lines, it looks pretty nice but it will be on both models.

Too broad selvage in single color (red/white, blue/blue) is also fake.

Denim Fanatismé. The Arc, 2005. Lee151Z Clear Pocket - Wish'a'knew.

Quote:

Try Evisu DoraAmon jeans or Yen Jeans, you will see a selvage white with red lines, it looks pretty nice but it will be on both models.

Too broad selvage in single color (red/white, blue/blue) is also fake.

--- Original message by skecr8r on May 29, 2005 08:27 AM

sorry, don't really quite understand what you mean.. what do I have to do? and what do you mean with 'too broad selvage in single color (red/white), blue/blue) is also fake'? I do have 3 pairs of 100% authentic Evisu jeans with red/white selvage and 1 pair of 100% authentic Evisu jeans with blue/blue selvage.. were all bought in stores..