Jeans/Denim: What do you look for?

aubrgene

The maximum number of kittens slaughtered as a part of the construction. That and as much sex juju as can be woven into it by a voodoo witchdoktor consultant.

too bad youre not a 30w.... my cmf homme sound like the perfect jean for you.

6 kittens killed. the ladyfolk love them... to the point you can smell them get wet as you walk up.

too bad youre not a 30w.... my cmf homme sound like the perfect jean for you.

6 kittens killed. the ladyfolk love them... to the point you can smell them get wet as you walk up.

I would need to sew together two and possibly three pairs of cfm homme in size 30 in order to be able to wear them.

fit is first. then construction and denim/material. i've found that i'll tend towards selvage if it's a draw between two, but i don't really care that much.

but fit is key, though it has to be quality components and construction for me to buy it. so all three are necessary, but fit ranks highest in my mind.

oh, and large painted logos. big as possible.

1 - I allways want a levi acurate and red tab,

seriously though, in general

1 fit, I dont have big feet so a hem of 22cm or less is good... although I used to just want slim fits now I find myself wanting all fits, regular, relaxed, slim etc

2 fabric, can actually alter my choice of fit ( if you get me ) e.g. I got the s5000bk over some topshop or gap black skinnys because I knew the fabric would be better. Im in love with my rough slub PBJs... I also like different denim weights, for different seasons

3 uniquesque factors, I bought the natural ed ais because just colour wise they are pretty special before you even start mentioning sugar cane fabric.

4 pockets, I dislike wide spaced back pockets, and prefer the pockets to be small.

5 details, although these too can make or break a PM to 2000db - I dont like zip flys, buttons, the more the better, low slung yokes are nice and I dont like the stitching to be too widely spaced, selvedge- I do think twice about buying a 4th pair of redlines nowadays. General details ought to coagulate to a nice aesthetic.

6 Price, e.g. for me eternals are more attractive than some s0500xx because of that extra 5000yen.

7 SF influence, consistent reports of sizing and shrinkage really help but do not make or break a pair for me, more important are those fade pics, although I know none of my jeans will ever look amazing because i have to many in rotation and with project jeans I wash em too often just to change a the hue im bored of staring at.

I'm just a newbie and I'm sure my priorities will change as I learn more about denim but right now like Vincent Vega said "it's the subtle differences." I like jeans that are slightly different from the norm but aren't trying too hard to stand out. So for me, right now in the infancy of my blossoming denim addiction, I look for:

1) the subtle differences

2) quality of the denim and overall construction (which I'm still learning about)

3) exclusivity

4) fit - I am basically "assless" so most jeans tend to hang off my butt unless they super slim fit or super low rise

Speaking of fit - what jeans are good for guys who don't have much in terms of "assets?"

I'm just a newbie and I'm sure my priorities will change as I learn more about denim but right now like Vincent Vega said "it's the subtle differences." I like jeans that are slightly different from the norm but aren't trying too hard to stand out. So for me, right now in the infancy of my blossoming denim addiction, I look for:

1) the subtle differences

2) quality of the denim and overall construction (which I'm still learning about)

3) exclusivity

4) fit - I am basically "assless" so most jeans tend to hang off my butt unless they super slim fit or super low rise

Speaking of fit - what jeans are good for guys who don't have much in terms of "assets?"

I think Dior is good for your body type. I have the 19 cm. I may have gotten a size too large. They s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!

first is fit

then, denim

then construction and detailing

exclusivity is in there somewhere.

all have to be there tho...

id say the contest sams are the perfect combo for me.

exactly in that order although fit outweighs all other consideration. i also prefer button fly over zippers.