Sign in to follow this  
LanceP

Ann Demeulemeester Mens F/W '07-'08

I said it over at SZ, and I'll say it again... this is my favorite collection from this particular season thus far.

73136025zg6.jpg

73136021yv7.jpg

73136017xn6.jpg

73136014pc1.jpg

73136013hv1.jpg

73136012ob3.jpg

73136010lt8.jpg

73136007ol5.jpg

73136004xc7.jpg

73136000pn4.jpg

I honestly do not see the appeal, except for a few of the outerwear pieces. None of the outfits look as interestingly put together as past Ann stuff. In addition, those leather boots are terrible-- they look like galoshes.

i actually like the boots alot. very clean and defined. they need to be broken in.

The outerwear is definitely what does it for me. I loved the black with white piping double breasted coat she did, so I really like the re-creation of that piece into a long coat. I am also attracted to the fencing jackets as well as the pants in this collection. I can, however, see what you're saying in regards to the boots; I'm not way into them either, nor are they as close to appealing as the Yohji boots. The way I see collections isn't necessarily as how they are styled together, but as separate pieces. I would rarely wear an outfit head to toe that is created by a single designer.

i like the wool vest... but whenever i see ann dem in person i'm always extremely underwhelmed... especially by the quality.

nothing's really jumping out at me at all, actually... the detailing seems interesting, but that is about it for me.

Not one of Ann's better shows, in my opinion, although I may be in the minority when I say that I almost enjoy her S/S work more. Her outerwear is fantastic, but I love some of her light-summer layering pieces, the lighter knits and jackets or whatnot. Living in California makes these pieces actually practical.

coats and jackets are pretty much the strong side. nothing that appealing compared to her past collections. the knits kinda look good and a little practical. the collection is quite dark and dreamy to me

Not one of Ann's better shows, in my opinion, although I may be in the minority when I say that I almost enjoy her S/S work more. Her outerwear is fantastic, but I love some of her light-summer layering pieces, the lighter knits and jackets or whatnot. Living in California makes these pieces actually practical.

I feel the same in terms of how awesome AnnD stuff is for layering, but I think her coats are light enough to pass in California.

AnneD is totally making me feen for some waistcoats/vests right now...

theres a pretty good interview of ann in the current issue of HE magazine...the stuffs ok, nothing that stands out this f/w.

73135814zg4.jpg

nice rainbooties PWAHAHAHAHA

edit: dude looks like ashley olsen

I'm hoping to pick up one of these coats and this sweater and I'll be one happy camper for Fall. :)

ann_10.jpg

ann_02.jpg