Pride FC and MMA

Haz

if florian is stupid enough to stand with penn i think he'll lose.

what i'm really worried about is shogun losing. i dont think he'll be able to get a hold of machida cus of his style

I think he'll have more trouble on the ground in certain positions. I think Penn is going to take him down and work the elbows.

is it just me or did it seem like forrest threw that fight??? even though i have no idea what it feels like or how i would react to being knocked out by the spider, his right leg flailing up in the air when he went down just seemed akward. and then like stuntastic said, his running off right after he was embarassed by his performance.

in the end, we are one step closer to what i really want which is gsp vs. silva. gsp just has to take care of business with one more title defense and silva is probably going to have to beat up on hendo again

people say it was thrown or fixed but i can't see it. what i saw was total domination and mental breakdown. i pretty much saw the ending knockout as silva using forrest's force against him. just stick the fist there and let him run into it basically.

Amir got fucked over.

the fuck did Forrest run out of the ring for

Amir got super duper screwed in that fight. Murgliotta (sp?) has made a few other terrible calls as of late. Hell, even Herb "I'm going to stop the fight" Dean probably would've let them keep going.

According to telegraph.uk Forrest got his jaw dislocated and ended up having to go to the hospital after the fight.

Penn looked great last night, i was watching the espn mmmalive post fight interviews and BJ seems like he's really gotten his shit together as far as conditioning and actually having a gameplan for his fights. Unless he thought it was going to wear BJ out, it seemed silly for Florian to try so hard for those takedowns. BJ said something to the effect of Hughes & GSP, both heavier guys had a hard time doing in, so Florian was posing him no danger whatsoever.

Pellegrino was really funny in his interviews. He and Neer were talking shit to each other during the fight. At one point Neer said that Pellegrino hit "like a bitch", so he slapped him in the face.

They seriously need big john mccarthy back to be a ref.

I even think the Japanese guy (forgot his name,) doesnt make half assed calls, like that...

If you're talking about Yamasaki, my friends and i joke that he'll usually let the fights go until someone dies.

I would love to see Big John reffing again, but something must've happened between him & UFC. He had reffed a few Affliction cards, maybe now that they've folded UFC will make nice and bring him back.

not taking anything away from silva at all. I wanted him to win, but from a business aspect i could see why dana white would also want him to win. he wouldn't be able to say he has the best p4p fighters in the world if silva lost to griffin.

From a business point, it would make more money in the long run if Griffin won, hes the bigger star, and their TUF posterboy.

Also, every TUFer lost last night ha.

is it just me or did it seem like forrest threw that fight??? even though i have no idea what it feels like or how i would react to being knocked out by the spider, his right leg flailing up in the air when he went down just seemed akward. and then like stuntastic said, his running off right after he was embarassed by his performance.

in the end, we are one step closer to what i really want which is gsp vs. silva. gsp just has to take care of business with one more title defense and silva is probably going to have to beat up on hendo again

who's the opponent?

From a business point, it would make more money in the long run if Griffin won, hes the bigger star, and their TUF posterboy.

Also, every TUFer lost last night ha.

i never really followed TUF but if that were the case they probably woulda had him beat beat rashad. i would assume.

i'm probably wrong, i just think dana white is the biggest douche.

omgz silva is taking apart the lhw division!

did anyone really think griffin had a chance? i like him, but dudes got a weak chin and no power

and wtf was up with that shit, flailing around after he hit the ground he wasn't even out and he just quit

even though hes 40 i hope rjj silva happens

sotiropoulos looked great though, glad to see him back

what i'm really worried about is shogun losing. i dont think he'll be able to get a hold of machida cus of his style

this is going to be a great fight regardless, if shogun comes out in PRIDE form i think he'll put up a serious fight, even a win, although that's questionable after watching him gas against a much older chuck, i'd like to see shogun win but he hasn't looked like himself after the surgeries/move to UFC