Socks, the most underrated article of clothing

derelicte

I just got a shitload of Nike socks with clima cool for christmas, I dunno if it works but the idea makes sense. They're just socks I suppose.

The only problem I've found with socks like that (as well as uniqlo athletic socks) is that they seep heat from your body to keep you cool...which is the point after all, but blows if you wear them and it's cold outside to begin with. Same thing with Uniqlo dry tees. I'll wear them out because they fit nice (never bought them for athletic use) and I'll end up shivering indoors.Okay so shivering is an exxageration but you get the point.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only white tube....unless rocking knickers then it's red or blue baseball socks. marc jacobs cashmere greys have been a great accesory this winter. never ankle socks which i think is kinda lame....jeez, what a hypocritically pedantic first statement.

bottom line:tubers or bust!

imho white socks are horrible. paul smith ones are great, or go for Gallo, an italian brand (without website, gosh...) with wonderful colours and patterns and also an amazing quality. every single sock has to pass 9 quality checks before reaching the shops. and of course super-fine materials

• 3 weeks later...

bump.

i meant to respond to this one last month, but it was during my superfuture silent treatment...

anyway!

whoever said "uniqlo" wins.

* they come in every color imaginable.

* they're priced at 4 pairs for $10.

and most importantly:

* they've got great elastic that runs the entire length of the sock.

i don't know about you all, but i can't stand socks that fall down and bunch around the ankles ("quitters" in the common parlance). uniqlos are the only mid-calf socks that stay up for me...

bump.

i meant to respond to this one last month, but it was during my superfuture silent treatment...

anyway!

whoever said "uniqlo" wins.

* they come in every color imaginable.

* they're priced at 4 pairs for $10.

and most importantly:

* they've got great elastic that runs the entire length of the sock.

i don't know about you all, but i can't stand socks that fall down and bunch around the ankles ("quitters" in the common parlance). uniqlos are the only mid-calf socks that stay up for me...

4 pairs for $10 really isn't a deal, i'm telling you people, $6 for 3 pairs of reebok socks at tjmaxx. Black socks for life

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump.

Another vote for Smartwool. Their light hiking socks are the best thing since sliced bread. Size small fits me (I wear 8-8.5 shoes). You can wear em for days without stretching, smelling, getting damp, etc. My pair I bought a year ago is still in great condition. I'm going to convert most of my everyday socks to Smartwool.

They're pricey @ $15-20/pair, but you can find some good deals online once you find your size.