Socks, the most underrated article of clothing

derelicte

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the champions too, but Im not gonna get them anymore. I went to this party the other night where we took off our shoes inside, felt dumb having "champion" on my feet to go along with my $300 iron heart jeans and pink stussy shirt.

I think the champions are just copies of Thorlos anyway.

Also I agree people need to step they sock game up. I dont though, too lazy.

Paul Smith has great stripes which brighten up a subdued lower half. I had a 50% off discount just after Christmas, and idiotically forgot to purchase a handful at $14/per.

In the cold months, I typically sport cashmere blend socks from J. Crew or Banana Republic until I wear holes through them (about 1-2 years).

new socks are the best thing ever. as already mentioned j.crew and br are great places to diversify the sock selection without spending retarded money. also i think it should be illegal to wear white socks if you are not doing something very athletic at the time...

Uniqlo socks are the shit. They have regular all white ankle/crew 3-packs and then they have all these other colorways sold separately. They even have these athletic socks that are super comfy with a little collar by the ankle so your shoe doesn't rub there.

Other than that, American Eagle Socks are really comfy but I only buy them because I work there.

Right now I'm living off my wool socks, L.L. Bean, Smartwool. Sometimes, when I'm feeling feisty, I'll throw on a pair of argyle dress socks. Summer is tube socks.

I absolutely love my Paul Smith socks but I really need a new pair. I've had to stitch mine up all over the place to fix holes but I know they will soon disintegrate. People keep telling me it is throw them away but I refuse to give them up quite yet.

I have a big problem with developing holes in socks. So far the only ones that have remained undamaged are Marimekko, of which I have four pairs.

My workhorse socks that I wear with sneakers/boots are my Goldtoe or Polo Ralph Lauren, and always in a heavy cotton ribbed knit.

My dress socks are either Calvin Klein or Pantharella. Cotton, merino or cashmere.

And underarmour polyfabric low cuts in black for the gym.

i always buy my socks at the flea market, i cant see spending money on socks so i get the white socks with the black toes at the flea market, 36 pairs for $10, but...

always wanted a pair of cashmere socks....

i used to get mine at costco, $12 for six pairs. but those things barely last two washes before the heels have holes. but they are stupid cheap, so no big deal. i also get 'em at daiso, that cheapo store in colma at serramonte. for the most part, i don't wear white though. mainly black socks, so my shit doesn't look dirty after a long bike commute.