Terrible dance music

minya

I was considering posting this in superconfessional or titling the thread "shit that you should hate but you can't help but love anyway."

I LOVE terrible dance music. I fricking love it. It's sort of like my "comfort music." Listening to a good happy hardcore DJ mix ... makes me ... well, happy. The newest Ministry of Sound compilation is pretty much incredible (at least the first disc is). I love listening to club music, even sometimes taken out of the context of a club. And now I'm listening to Adam Beyer.

Please post your favorite so-bad-it's-good dance music in this thread, because I need more.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually going to be a DJ for this type of music 'Happy Hardcore' and going to try to get into Gabba and hardstyle as well. But Happy Hardcore is my main focus. Yea I love this stuff, listen to it 24/7. You can listen to a radio on happyhardcore.com, I listen to that mostly. Right now, I'm working on creating my first mix. I'm useing vinyl instead of CD. So I have to import everything from UK, which costs a GRIP.

I like a lot of RaverBaby stuff.

i can't say i listen to a lot of "terrible" dance music, when i think of terrible dance music i think of like shitty 'dance' comps associated with the local 'dance' radio station which plays top 40 hits with shitty house beats...

i can't say i listen to a lot of "terrible" dance music, when i think of terrible dance music i think of like shitty 'dance' comps associated with the local 'dance' radio station which plays top 40 hits with shitty house beats...

Remember MTV "Party to Go" CDs??? I FUCKING LOVED those things when I was like, 10.

Actually, when I was even younger I loved this "Rave till Dawn" compilation tape that my sister bought. I started listening to it when I was 8 or 9. I couldn't get enough of it. It had Apotheosis, that "Jump" song on it, a bunch of other tracks on it. ah, the memories....

I despise most four-on-the-floor dance, with the exception of the golden age of progressive trance (Sasha, Kleinenfeld, Bedrock, all that stuff) during the late 90s/early 00s. Asides from it's all about the drum&bass and nu-school breaks, guess it's my Bristolian genes coming through.

I wish I could've lived in the UK (and been like ten years older) in '93, '94, '95... ahh...

although my brain would probably be fried from drugs by now.

Man, I remember when the last Helter Skelter festival happened in like 2001... still, we have the Valve Sound System tours nowadays... 90,000 watts of bass, a bunch of top dnb DJs and a fistful of drugs can't really be gone wrong with.

I was considering posting this in superconfessional or titling the thread "shit that you should hate but you can't help but love anyway."

I LOVE terrible dance music. I fricking love it. It's sort of like my "comfort music." Listening to a good happy hardcore DJ mix ... makes me ... well, happy. The newest Ministry of Sound compilation is pretty much incredible (at least the first disc is). I love listening to club music, even sometimes taken out of the context of a club. And now I'm listening to Adam Beyer.

Please post your favorite so-bad-it's-good dance music in this thread, because I need more.

www.naked-music.com

trf japan (tetsuya komuro rave factory) -old crap

This thread brings me back to my high school days (I graduated in 01'). I used to love trance back then and I still listen to it occasionally. Does anyone remember some of these enjoyable but sometimes super cheezy tracks?

Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone

ATB - Don't Stop / 9pm till I come

Dj Jean - The Launch

Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation

Dj Liquid - I Can't Stop Raving

Tokyo Ghetto Pussy - I Kiss Your Lips

Rollergirl

Ayla

Some song called escape i forget the artist.

Beefy cheezy piece of shit:

Sash - Ecuador

I don't know there's a bunch more but I can't remember right now.

Then some less cheezy stuff:

The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia

Mauro Picodo - Komodo/Iguana

All of Paul van Dyk, Dj Tiesto (esp. the Magik sets), Armin Van Buren, stuff

Iio - Rapture

Liquid Child - Diving Faces

Binary Finary - 1998

I also remember some website called Djmixes2k that had a bunch of live sets recorded onto mp3's.

Hard Dance Mania Volume 1-9

All i listened to for the last two weeks now...

Fedde Le Grand - Put your hands up for Detroit

Outwork ft. Mr. Gee - Elektro (Elektro mix)

Pakito - Living on video

D-Tune - Burn it up

Beattraxx - Project Well

Paffendorf - Lalala girl (Real booty babes remix)

C-Bool - House Baby

trance makes my heart cry. there's a few dark trance tunes here and there that do it for me..

and yeah, i totally remember party to go. i felt my first boob at a 6th grade dance while one of those was playing from beginning to end.

i just want to clarify that trance making my heart cry means i dislike trance.

analog, just delve into some early trance stuff, all of the first wave of trance was actually relatively dark, cold, machine-like music... before it got turned into endless 'anthems' for drugged up orange people to sweat to death to.

who's down with Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music?

The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia

Now that was a fucking tune. Guy who wrote it was a music journalist for Computer Music if I remember rightly. I've got a shit hot ambient remix on an old Gatecasher CD somewhere.

But seriously, did you just list Ecuador by Sash on the 'less cheesy' list? It's the most vacuous piece of shit ever, sold on the back of ripping of Faithless' Salva Mea synth sound (you know, the one with the saw lead and the filter envelope that makes it sound like pizzicato strings).

i've got about 40 gigs of house music, trance music and chillout.

some peeps i fuck wit of top of the head....

Eric Prydz (greatest hose dj)

Axwell (2nd greatest house dj)

Ferry Corsten

James Holden

Mylo

eric prydz - "call on me music video" (the girls with the slutty 80's work out outfits)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhZV91xkThs

who's down with Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music?

electronic music has way too many fucking subcategories- ^ helps a little, but i'm still confused half the time. maybe i'm just lazy these days.

i used to be a dnb/jungle head. i need more house as i'm trying to pick up the dance.. then i'll be supergay.