Terrible dance music

minya

daft punks: Chromeo, LCD soundsystem, Tiga

uberhip remix shits: 2manydjs/soulwax, Erol Alkan, Miss Kitten, Justice, royksopp, !!! (chk chk chk), digitalism, rex the dog, ourdisco

General: Vitalic, Tocadisco, motor,

...too many subgenres, usually a fuckload of club remixes of more minimalist or new-rave stuff...pretty much unavoidable if you choose to do a school term in Europe. check the dubstep/grime scene as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t, I just did a mix (my first one, after only about 3 weeks of expierence in DJ'n). 10 tracks total, Happy Hardcore. There's a screw up in track 9, when I was splitting the track, I guess I deleted some of the first part, and minor mistakes between track 2 & 3, not really noticable. Overall, better than I expected.

Anyone interested in checking it out?

http://muzicmatters.net/index.php

greatest forum for downloading house/dance/remix/pop music round the world. think superfuture but downloading dance music, u need to register for the download section.

its mainly a australian/euro/u.k. site so a lot of the music there is not found on US airway's unless its a big hit cd cingle or album. Lots of obscure white label shit there.

w00t, I just did a mix (my first one, after only about 3 weeks of expierence in DJ'n). 10 tracks total, Happy Hardcore. There's a screw up in track 9, when I was splitting the track, I guess I deleted some of the first part, and minor mistakes between track 2 & 3, not really noticable. Overall, better than I expected.

Tracklist:

1. Fracus - Mirage (Brisk & Ham Rmx)

2. Darren Styles - Save Me

3. Antix +Tom-E - Sweet Release

4. akira - piece of heaven (extended mix)

5. D-Code - Outta My Hands (Squad-E Remix)

6. Resist - Close My Eyes

7. Darren Styles - Sound Without a Name

8. Darren Styles - Jealous

9. Access 3 - Promised Land

10. Shadow K - Flyin' So High (Lick Me Hard Mix)

Anyone interested in checking it out?

i'd like to check it out, for shits n' giggles.

email to: [email protected]

But seriously, did you just list Ecuador by Sash on the 'less cheesy' list? It's the most vacuous piece of shit ever, sold on the back of ripping of Faithless' Salva Mea synth sound (you know, the one with the saw lead and the filter envelope that makes it sound like pizzicato strings).

You know what you're right. Fixed per your request.

daft punks: Chromeo, LCD soundsystem, Tiga

uberhip remix shits: 2manydjs/soulwax, Erol Alkan, Miss Kitten, Justice, royksopp, !!! (chk chk chk), digitalism, rex the dog, ourdisco

General: Vitalic, Tocadisco, motor,

...too many subgenres, usually a fuckload of club remixes of more minimalist or new-rave stuff...pretty much unavoidable if you choose to do a school term in Europe. check the dubstep/grime scene as well.

i don't think this list is too terrible. trendy, but good.

house music and trance are my favorite style of music. i am also digging that grung style nirvana music. always was a fan since i bought the nevermind album when it first dropped. and someone should get on a house/dance music thread.

im guessing there is no music sharring alowed on sf. so maybe we can youtube share.

won't you join me?

sure, but it would be me, you, that other guy notesee, and a couple of random people that would be going on and on about shit life dfa and ed bangers (fuck!!!!).

yeah make the thread. we could givedaily recommendations and share mp3 blog info.

I saw LCD at the last go of the concerts and they were fucking terrible, which is a huge let-down since I saw them quite some time before that and they were precisely the opposite. The Juan Maclean fucking killed as an opener though, so it wasn't too bad, and Maclean was just as good if not better the second time. Hopefully LCD will step it up for Coachella, even though the new album was, in my opinion, largely a let down.

So I guess at the moment they classify as terribly dance music to me.

I saw LCD at the last go of the concerts and they were fucking terrible, which is a huge let-down since I saw them quite some time before that and they were precisely the opposite. The Juan Maclean fucking killed as an opener though, so it wasn't too bad, and Maclean was just as good if not better the second time. Hopefully LCD will step it up for Coachella, even though the new album was, in my opinion, largely a let down.

So I guess at the moment they classify as terribly dance music to me.

was lcd actually playing live (with a drum kit and the non james murphy vocalist), or was it just james murphy spinning random shit?

i saw james murphy spin 3 times in tokyo and it was boring. maybe he was just spinning trite for the tokyonu-ravers though. i would love to catch the juan maclean or maybe delia g. and gavin r.

i fucking hate prinz horn.

Full band and everything both times. The second time it was too short, too quiet, the crowd sucked, and it looked like half the band was sick, which they may very well have been, so if that's the case then I guess I can't blame them. Murphy was being a complete asshole, as well, which I've heard is fairly well par for the course, but he seemed so courteous the first time that it came out of left field.

I've always wanted to see Delia.

um, this bangbang site is kind of on the motherfucking awesome side.

Yeah they are the guys that most of Sydney love to hate... or love to love... or love to get loose with.

Dan, one of the founders of Tsubi (or Ksubi or whatever the fuck its called now) is part of it. They put on one hell of a club night. Messy.

thanks a lot for turning me on to this, i feel like probably would have never come across it normally unless it were name-dropped in an article... its strange because a lot of the music blogs i frequent are similar in taste and style, but they don't seem to be aware of the parallel between NYC, UK, and Sydney.

thanks a lot for turning me on to this, i feel like probably would have never come across it normally unless it were name-dropped in an article... its strange because a lot of the music blogs i frequent are similar in taste and style, but they don't seem to be aware of the parallel between NYC, UK, and Sydney.

Shit loads of international acts frequent Sydney quite often, IMO the local stuff is going off just as much if not more.

i dunno if it's been said already, but man the epitome of so-bad-it's-good dance for me is BassHunter.

I had a discussion with someone on here about him, think it was MikeLowery but man this shit is catchy.

nAmddu8mCPE

1mwUCaXgDLg

I mean who honestly sings about WarCraft and IRC?

i'm not trying to big up the city i'm based in, but tokyo does have some great parties. mainly for the music and girls though. i think the general ambiance and attitudes when compared to the cities you mentioned are lacking and seemed pretty artificial.

i'd agree for nyc- things are waiting for an upswing here, for the most part- there are a few shining beacons of light.

the UK, i think, is having a major renaissance right now in terms of club culture. too bad i'm missing out.

and, apparently, too bad i'm missing out on tokyo, too... maybe bring up what's going on over there in the indie dance thread? i'd definitely be interested in hearing a scene report of sorts.

i'd agree for nyc- things are waiting for an upswing here, for the most part- there are a few shining beacons of light.

the UK, i think, is having a major renaissance right now in terms of club culture. too bad i'm missing out.

and, apparently, too bad i'm missing out on tokyo, too... maybe bring up what's going on over there in the indie dance thread? i'd definitely be interested in hearing a scene report of sorts.

for some laughs check out:

thefashionramone.blogspot.com

vaniyt.to

lostintokyo.tv

most the the japanese artists are pretty typical or gimmicky. i do think that the low-brows are pretty good (although they sound just like justice).

the crowd is pretty wild. i don't care for most of their clothes, but it's interesting. half the kids are more about getting laid and about the image then the actual music(not that this is too bad). jeremy scot is considered some huge renaissance dj, when personally i think his sets are pretty boring.

yeah i would love to go to some u.k. party. i missed erol alkan and the only u.k. party (not dj) i caught in tokyo was stunners (which played too much mashups).

city rockers and damian lazarus are def on my list (probably won't get the opportunity though.

i remember i was nyc last year. i caught shychild and a.r.e. weapons of all people.

is it true that rub and tug are do more of a selector set than actually mixing stuff?