waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

It wasnt one of those "ooo visvim x CDG! robocop!" I mainly bought it because not only am I a fan of Nakamura and his products, but the ironic message hes trying to get across with the "marketing machine" slogan was quite clever. + I got it for a bargain.

"There are a lot of products out there that are the direct result of marketing alone, but hopefully the people who are becoming tired of this will naturally gravitate toward our brand and product."

-Nakamura

but you dont see the irony of you spending hundreds of dollars on those shoes?

so you are literally wearing an adbusters campaign that cost $500...on your feet.

edit - inadvertently answered jack's question

But marketing and the "marketing machine" is more than paper advertisements or simply advertisements in general terms.

and you didn't explain the irony either.

You're going to have to connect the dots if you want me to believe there's irony behind spending hundreds of dollars on those shoes. (not specifically talking to you, clopek just anyone)

the irony is that it's an anti-marketing campaign...and it costs a fuckload of money. it's just another form of advertising (co-opting "anti advertising") . . . and the fact that its plastered all over something makes it "regular old" advertising at the same time.

it's ironic that he's trying to make a point, but he's not doing it just to make a point, he's doing it to sell sneakers - therefore his "anti" advertising is just another form of advertising.

maybe "irony" should be replaced with "a load of shit"

please tell me you get it.

But it's not an anti-advertisement campaign or a campaign at all. It was one collaboration with CDG making a statement on the "marketing machine". It is, in a sense, one form of advertising but I don't think that visvim or CDG is anti-advertisement. Obviously endorsement and advertisement are somwhat essential to business and to getting ideas as well as brands promoted. I think what they are getting at and criticizing is the "marketing machine" the current popular marketing trends and everything that defines it.

Advertising and marketing are not the same thing, but advertising is part of marketing, but constitutes many, many different forms and purposes. Once you figure this out, the irony you are suggesting is there by spending hundreds of dollars on the shoes is not really that apparent.

jesus christ, who gives a fuck.

the shoes are ugly as fuck and that dumb nigga spent a shit load of money on soething he claims to appreciate.

i can think of 100 different ways you coulda spent that money that will put your appreciation to better use.

cut that bull, you bought that shit cuz your hypebeast friends thought they were cool.

Why won't people just admit they bought it cuz it's visvim or something? Where's the thread with the kid who worshiped jebbia and claimed his main goal was to educate and enlighten the urban youth or something. I think the whole conversation with someone telling him "JAMES JEBBIA WANTS YOU TO KILL YOUR PARENTS." I don't believe we heard from him since. I feared the worst :(

Also, clopek still has bitch feet for his size. Step your shoe size game up

I admit I wouldn't buy those specific visvims but whats wrong with buying something that promotes an message or idea that you believe in, how do you put a price on that? To question the marketing machine is a good thing. To get people thinking is a good thing. I personally would rather buy something cheaper like a T-shirt if I want to get that message across... but one has to concede that shoes like that are probably better for getting peoples attention.

i've seen the girls you bed dude, you're in no position to criticize ANYONE

I ain't showin' the girls i have respect for still. You've seen a girl. Then again, she may have counted as a few.....

Jack- Stop man. Just go by you and that lame dude a gap (red) tshirt or something so we can all move on with our lives

I admit I wouldn't buy those specific visvims but whats wrong with buying something that promotes an message or idea that you believe in, how do you put a price on that? To question the marketing machine is a good thing. To get people thinking is a good thing. I personally would rather buy something cheaper like a T-shirt if I want to get that message across... but one has to concede that shoes like that are probably better for getting peoples attention.

proper question is how do you put a premium price on something that is supposed to be a criticism of commodity fetishism and hyperconsumption? cuz visvim did it and its fucking stupid.

jack, this bag of heroin, when injected, signifies that you are antidrug. its 10x what the addicts pay and twice as pure. you in?