waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

I don't think it's the laziness factor. It's the sheep-factor and the safeness of following rather than doin' your own shit.

Hell if they posted a get up with say a look that was modeled after the last years Red Dawn collection they'd get laughed at by their peers.

That Iron Koopa kid's a perfect example. He got into this shit recently and is going through a checklist of gear that gets him love from his peers. He puts a decent get up together but there's something about it that just screams 'I WANNA BE DOWN!'

Fuck it. I'm too old for this shit. I need to dump a bunch of gear asap.

Sell me your Visvim jacket...

good ramble tho. kind of what I was trying to get at.. Like I'd give props to someone who wore those structures but maybe paired with some nice supreme cut & sew rather than a recent supreme tee or a hyped one.

n you're right about the w)taps reference - you see these "hype" kids wearing all the same specific pieces like the BDU's and college style font tees, you don't see em rocking taps denim or taps outerwear. it's too hard for them to get it and too expensive, so they don't really try to. I mean if they were really down for the brand they'd save up some cash and get a proxy and really try hard to track down the hard to find taps shit. no one wants to try that hard. they settle for taps graphic tees and the vans collabs thats easily found on forums or eBay.

It's basically just laziness thats fuckin it all up. no one wants to do research. no one wants to put in any real work.

your one of these kids though,

your one of these kids though,

insert image: OH SNAP.gif

ha

doesn't detract from the truth of the previous statements tho.

truth? you called the hype kids lack of taste due to laziness... nuh uuuuuuuuuuuuh... their lack of taste comes from their stupid fuckin sheeeeeeeeeeeep mentality.

Dang, whatchugotleftstill?

you know where to lurk... and peep the sig....

insert image: OH SNAP.gif

ha

truth? you called the hype kids lack of taste due to laziness... nuh uuuuuuuuuuuuh... their lack of taste comes from their stupid fuckin sheeeeeeeeeeeep mentality.

its also what these kids have as idols, kanye/pharell etc if your looking for who killed streetwear look no further than those guys,its a flawed argument only really dragged up by people who feel they have earned their stripes and think its time they were down.unfortionatly posting on a message board for 5 years or whatever dosent qualify you me or anyone else to be down and it shouldnt be about that as really it dosent mean anything.All its really about is enjoyng your gear and enjoying what your in to.

it is interesting to see people of different ages who grew up in different places discuss streetwear as if there can ever be some consensus about what makes up authenticity.

since retro/reissue sneakers came about, people will always be drawn to what was around when they were at a formative age, and this will influence what they wear now.

i have always had a big soft spot for I's and dunks mostly from watching animal chin when it came out. by the same token i have never had a fascination with am1s or other shoes that have been hyped. this is a function of age.

it will be interesting to see what happens when the kids who grew up when it was mainly retro'd shoes were hyped get older, what will the kids who lined up for sb dunks consider classic shoes when they get older?

its also what these kids have as idols, kanye/pharell etc if your looking for who killed streetwear look no further than those guys,its a flawed argument only really dragged up by people who feel they have earned their stripes and think its time they were down.unfortionatly posting on a message board for 5 years or whatever dosent qualify you me or anyone else to be down and it shouldnt be about that as really it dosent mean anything.All its really about is enjoyng your gear and enjoying what your in to.

sorry seenmy but this is such a contradictory post.

you don't think that kid who picks up a pair of kanye's sneakers is enjoying his shit? I bet that kid is way stoked on it, but I bet you anything he doesn't know why it makes him happy.

I have a problem with that kind of blind or misguided consumerism.

that's all I'm getting at. We're having a discussion, no one's trying to prove anything about themselves.

it is interesting to see people of different ages who grew up in different places discuss streetwear as if there can ever be some consensus about what makes up authenticity.

I think there's a universality with the authenticity aspect then that is no longer applicable now. There was a connection to some kind of culture/activity that is no longer there. You wore what you did.

Again look at that koopa kid. He dresses like a kid who listens to underground rap but he actually listens to straight edge.

i have always had a big soft spot for I's and dunks mostly from watching animal chin when it came out. by the same token i have never had a fascination with am1s or other shoes that have been hyped. this is a function of age.

You shoulda kept skating... 'cause Chin was my first video as a youngin and I too coveted I's and McGill's pink shorts. Then it was Video Days and J. Lee's get ups... then World... Plan B... 101... MNC... Choc... and so on...

it will be interesting to see what happens when the kids who grew up when it was mainly retro'd shoes were hyped get older, what will the kids who lined up for sb dunks consider classic shoes when they get older?

It's gonna be even more shallow and empty than now. What seenmy said about cultural icons now being shallow, vapid lies is actually pretty terrifying.

Lupe and Pharell really need to learn how to skate to save the children.

I wonder if that kid is being ironic sometimes on purpose, because of the fact that his actual lifestyle conflicts his image so much. If that's the case then it's not really all that clever and actually pretty lame.

I just don't see the satisfaction in wearing something that doesn't represent at least some aspect of who you are or what you do or have done... maybe that's just an old fashion way of thinking but there's something honest and human about doing that.

skateboarding needs to get un popular again

money killed that shit before and it's killing it again

the fucking money these guys are going for is ridiculous

shit is stoops

just watch this

xnxv__v0mkA