waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Guest bambam
*EDIT* this was directed @jmat

While I don't agree with some of the points you make, this is the first post by you that is logical and restrained. It doesn't wreak of hatred and for that I commend you.

as far as you go Mr RSR post a fit ANYWHERE or STFU already....you've been looking for your camera for months

sonic please lay off the 'do better or stfu argument' its just silly. i dont need to be a painter to tell someone that their panting sucks..this argument is only valid insofar as the person being criticized (saying 'WHY DONT U DO BETTER!!!!) blieves the critic doesnt appreciate the effort that went into it and this doesnt apply AT ALL to dressing yourself. ur submitting these posts to the forum cant u take the good AND the bad gracefully?

that's what happens when you cheat on timber.

TH6Acpzurb0

sonic please lay off the 'do better or stfu argument' its just silly. i dont need to be a painter to tell someone that their panting sucks..this argument is only valid insofar as the person being criticized (saying 'WHY DONT U DO BETTER!!!!) blieves the critic doesnt appreciate the effort that went into it and this doesnt apply AT ALL to dressing yourself. ur submitting these posts to the forum cant u take the good AND the bad gracefully?

It's not a matter of "doing better". Looking at fits posted by someone who's criticizing me profides a frame of reference. It allows me to decide if such criticism has any validity to me

Guest bambam

it's possible to appreciate and be somewhat knowledgable of the way people dress in other poles of fashion though.. many ppl (me included) enjoy fits from guys like cotton duck or cheepy despite dressing nothing like them. just cause you don't appreciate their look dont mean they cant offer eachother advice

i dont need to be a painter to tell someone that their panting sucks..

this argument is used a lot, but it doesn't apply to clothing imo. someone can be a connoiseur of the arts having not practiced to be an artist themselves, but there's a good chance your personal taste reflects the tastefulness of the clothing you're wearing.

you don't need to be a painter to tell someone their painting sucks, but if your house is filled with shitty art you should probably keep quiet

Guest jmatsu
how can I appreciate it, if I've never seen it?

there are many stylists in the industry who don't dress in a way that i def don't appreciate or actually hate, but yet they have the know how and skill in order to make a celebrity look good. alot of them have a great deal of knowledge that i find helpful and applaudable.

there are certain film critics whose opinions i respect, who have never made a film.

another point i'd like you to understand is that while not all aesthetics and personal tastes are the same on this forum, there is something that holds them together. community standards and a respect of certain aesthetical opinions and looks. imo, from what i've read of your output whether it be commentary and esp. fits, i feel that your shit is not substantial/not relative to the board. often times they are offensive. so don't get shit twisted, cause it's not as if you are the only one who gets hated on. or that people are specifically and only hating on your age. practically everyone has been hated on. the difference is either you are innocently ignorant to how this system works or that you just refuse to admit this to anyone, yourself included. no improvement other than erasing your jumpsuit fit.

I find your writing style exceedingly difficult to understand. I can't follow your disjointed ramblings. Maybe it's alzheimers....

no hate intended but I'm being honest

I'd like to say this:

If I don't like someone's style why would I give credence to their advice? They would be offering suggestions that they find attractive and if my taste differs from their's, following their advice would be stupid and counter productive.

Guest jmatsu
I find your writing style exceedingly difficult to understand. I can't follow your disjointed ramblings. Maybe it's alzheimers....

no hate intended but I'm being honest

I'd like to say this:

If I don't like someone's style why would I give credence to their advice? They would be offering suggestions that they find attractive and if my taste differs from their's, following their advice would be stupid and counter productive.

if i don't like the cooking of a particular chef and his restaurant, i don't eat there and i suppose you wouldn't either. why do you come to the superfuture foodcourt?

i just find it very convenient that you happen to not like practically everyone's style who has happened to hate on that of your's. obviously not mine, but whose personal style do you actually admit you like on here?

honestly it's just there doesn't seem to be anyone here that has similar tastes in wardrobe with you.

if i don't like the cooking of a particular chef and his restaurant, i don't eat there and i suppose you wouldn't either. why do you come to the superfuture foodcourt?

i just find it very convenient that you happen to not like practically everyone's style who has happened to hate on that of your's. obviously not mine, but whose personal style do you actually admit you like on here?

honestly it's just there doesn't seem to be anyone here that has similar tastes in wardrobe with you.

that's not true. I +repped many people and most of the people who criticize my fits don't even post fits of their own, or if they have, I am unfamiliar with them and thus ask for links

that's it for me for tonite..us old folks need their sleep

at least we are having a civil discourse

I'd like to leave you pondering this question:

Will you cease to be relevant when your 50? If so, you have a "dismal future". If not, why did I cease being relevant when I turned 50?

Guest jmatsu
that's not true. I +repped many people and most of the people who criticize my fits don't even post fits of their own, or if they have, I am unfamiliar with them and thus ask for links

Will you cease to be relevant when your 50? If so, you have a "dismal future". If not, why did I cease being relevant when I turned 50?

if you have plus repped people who've criticized you fits, for posts other than their fits (which they have never posted or you can't find), then it is unnecessary to ask for them. they said something you apparently like(d), you repped, done. so why then, by your last statement, would it even be relevant if someone said something that was legitimate and you happened not to like their fit??

i don't know if i will be relevant at 50, but i can only hope that my peers give me some sorta deserved respect. let's put this way, i doubt i'll be posting on a fashion forum. none of the older fashion icons or industry giants do (who'd have even more of a reason too).

you probably aren't irrelevant to your immediate circles, but overall i'd say that you seem pretty irrelevant for this forum, other than maybe some hate-practice.

I honestly don't think I will live to see 50, FWIW

Guest jmatsu
I honestly don't think I will live to see 50, FWIW

4 real? live fast die young concept? who will be the successor of the temple of jawns? who will inherit your 30k + wardrobe?

4 real? live fast die young concept? who will be the successor of the temple of jawns? who will inherit your 30k + wardrobe?
theres only so many egg mcmuffins, dunhills, and e-sized breasts a man can take in his lifetime

live fast die *fun concept