waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

the last few times I stayed in a hotel I noticed that the housekeepers were from china..I've always stayed in the same hotel at Jordan

Jordan!!!!

Uhh...let's just say that's no place for a mild mannered college age girl to be staying at, any time of day let alone overnight.

the Langham Place in Mong Kok is alright but it's just surrounded by so much crowds and grimeyness it doesn't justify the prices. I mean that hotel is literally a block away from one of the most massive whorehouses of a neighborhood you can find in this city.

BITTER cold in the bay. Had to bike to downtown oakland to retrieve my helmet from the AC Transit lost & found after leaving it on a bus. Slick.

17721930wd3.jpg

random messenger bag

Banana Republic half-zip sweatshirt thing

Dunderdon hoodie

Knog "ride hard" gloves... silly

SExI04bk

J. Crew McAllister boots

montrealers!!!

Can I get away with wearing stockings this weekend, or is it longjohn season already? My legs tend to be pretty impervious to cold but I dont wanna get frostbite or anything

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/CAXX0301?from=search_10day

looks like you should be fine from those numbers

i dunnoz..i like that area..the metro system makes it easy to hop on over to tsim sha tsui or i could walk or taxi over

i hung around chinatown/tenderloin growing up in sf so its all good :)

lol kewl

i dunno...the line between Jordan and TST is kinda blurred...not really sure which part of Jordan you dig, but to my knowledge the area that constitutes that neighborhood is mostly "saunas" and some other backdoor services, dog's meat inside a butcher that advertises with mutton as the Chinese saying goes.

i dunno what's a good hotel to stay in HK...4 Seasons is overpriced and just a more upscale version of the seedy Mong Kok ethos (Blue Bar = any night of the week it's (mainland Chinese) ladies night). I think the Conrad is still OK (in Admiralty), as is the Island Shangri La which is pretty much adjacent to it.

people will tell you the Mandarin Oriental (OG) is, along with the Peninsula, HK's landmark hotels...i think the latter is better. Aside from the lobby smelling like cigar smoke at the Mandarin due to the location of the Cigar Divan and poor ventilation, which may bug you if you're not a smoker, I'm convinced that place is haunted.

as for the newer Landmark Mandarin, have not inspected the hotel in depth so can't comment on quality of residence, but the lobby bar is pretty popular. However the recently Michelin awarded 2-star Amber on 7th floor isn't worth the hype. There's a Saturday brunch set that's the most well known thing about that restaurant...mostly for the all you can drink champagne. Food itself is forgettable.

actually i think most of the Michelin ratings for HK were crap, read a mag article today which notes that it was made by Europeans mostly targeted towards European tourists...i hope locals don't see that guide as an HK dining bible, because that shit is way off

I am really shocked by how tan ledger's legs are. like any proper goth ninja, I was expecting a glimpse of blindingly white internet-tanned legs... but they're so GOLDEN. ledger... do you go outside... in the sun?

well nah my legs havent seen daylight for a fairly long time tbh living in england not much chance to get em out,but i guess its all the sun im getting over here that they are going such a pleasent golden colour.

another day.

P1010101d.jpg

waywt082ab3.jpg

waywt065gd1.jpg

Suit : Thom Browne

Shirt : Jantzen

Chukka boots : Zegna

Hey props on the thom brown, but IMO the proportions look a little off for TB. I'm not saying that you are doing it wron, but the thing about the TB suit is that it's proportions are just silly, The jacket meets the top of the pants, with short sleeves and the hem begins at the ankle, the pant is high waisted. Like I said, I'm not saying the way you are wearing it is wrong, I just think without the exagerations synonymous with the TB suit, it just looks like the proportions are off/ or the suit is just small.

Big clunky ass shoes would help too.

I don't know, I think the TB suit is very limited and very specific look, you have to pretty much do it the TB way or not @ all. Very hard to pull off.

apparently someone at the Atelier opening rocked an ensemble described as "Thom Browne goes grunge"....i have GOT to see that. If anybody got pics someone please post it...

even though the proportions/silhouette/philosophy are polar opposites, i kinda see Thom Browne as similar to Yohji - the only way to rock it is the wrong way

thats still a very typical thom look

i think p nod's custom tb 3 piece bondage style with the overexposed shirt sleeves and MA+ boots was played to perfection. Thom might be pitching the same thing in his everyman photoshoots, but for the average joe on the street to make it come alive, you gotta take Thom's subversion and metasubvert it, if that makes any sense.

apparently someone at the Atelier opening rocked an ensemble described as "Thom Browne goes grunge"....i have GOT to see that. If anybody got pics someone please post it...

Thats the thing about its pretty much kind of grunge, the look is like an anti suit, I can see it well with just the pants, and combat boots

10158TBrowne9thAveWeb.jpg

even though the proportions/silhouette/philosophy are polar opposites, i kinda see Thom Browne as similar to Yohji - the only way to rock it is the wrong way

I don't remember anyone being in a full-suit kinda deal. There were a few guys trying to pull off the Oliver-suit too small apish posturing, but they were rocking stuff that could not be Thom Browne. Quality of the jackets/pants didn't match, were either suit separates or entirely different designers.

didn't know that was still around, SH. the last i saw that look being prominently used was JT circa futuresex/lovesounds when he was always on stage with the dior suit and white sneakers combo (which even then i dont think worked that well).

these days the big thing over here seems to be jeans tucked into Timberland style boots, girls with triple A cups dying their hair blonde and long and wavy and accessorizing with "bling" (word still used frequently by local mags). There's also the tight A77 type jeans with some kinda pointy pseudo-dress shoe thing which is getting popular. This mostly observed from the past week of flaneuring.

Hey props on the thom brown, but IMO the proportions look a little off for TB. I'm not saying that you are doing it wron, but the thing about the TB suit is that it's proportions are just silly, The jacket meets the top of the pants, with short sleeves and the hem begins at the ankle, the pant is high waisted. Like I said, I'm not saying the way you are wearing it is wrong, I just think without the exagerations synonymous with the TB suit, it just looks like the proportions are off/ or the suit is just small.

Big clunky ass shoes would help too.

I don't know, I think the TB suit is very limited and very specific look, you have to pretty much do it the TB way or not @ all. Very hard to pull off.

To put it succinctly I'm not doing the TB look, just hinting at it (jacket on the short side, pants with no break, tight fit, sleeves on the short side). I'm also replacing 50s corporate America elements with more refined details (pocket square is puffy silk not Irish linen, shoes are sleeker, shirt collar is higher, not a button down and made of finer material). All my TB jackets fit exactly the same but my other suit pants are not cuffed and slimmed down. I don’t dislike the hyper-exaggerated TB look per se but it’s just not for me.