australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I'm with you 50, I think the length would really limit what I can wear it with. It looks good on super with all black, but if you had a slightly longer tee, and in a lighter colout, you'd be forever checking yo' self to make sure everything looked good, or you'd have a skirt flying out the bottom.

agreed, mind if I put in my 2c regarding the current V&V jackets too? ;)

while they're well cut and great value for money, I think there are a couple of things that could be improved on. I hope JV lengthens the cut on some of the jackets for next season, as well as toning down some of the thrift store aesthetic (epaulettes, pocket placement, waist and wrist snaps, etc.). moving more of the production locally wouldn't go astray either, I'm sure many people would be willing to spend that bit extra for something made in Australia. overall I think it's a great first collection though, and I can only see it getting better in the future :cool:.

Ivans, the filippa K has two buttons on the collar, so you either:

a) button one button and fold down,

B) button both for it to stay up

It's not very structured though so it wouldnt stay up with the jacket unzipped.

I will be returning this jacket to DJ's though, it was $1600 down to $800, but if anyone wants to get it instead then PM before monday coz i'll be going in on that day.

DJI, agreed. I think the current cuts, 'thrift store aesthetics' in particular, and price point will see V&V reach a broader demographic and most probably sell more jackets. This will hopefully afford them the money to see that their vision is achieved in later collections - whether its in this style or something completely different.

Either way, make them longer. Haha.

Totally agree with both Ivan and D... I think moving away from the thrift details would be a good move too. superhero defs makes it look really fucking good though... just sucks for us taller guys for now. Although I do think Tyro pulls it off rather well in his pic, too.

gahh i'll just waiiittt.

yea 50, i read that you're 6'5" I think you'd need like at least a 52 to really wear the strap neck bomber coz im 6'2" and the sleeve lengths are really just bordering the "too short" threshold for me and I'm a good 7-8cm shorter than you

Totally agree with both Ivan and D... I think moving away from the thrift details would be a good move too. superhero defs makes it look really fucking good though... just sucks for us taller guys for now. Although I do think Tyro pulls it off rather well in his pic, too.

gahh i'll just waiiittt.

I think the shortness is just the style, you either like it or you dont, I think lengthening this jacket, without making changes to other dimensions would throw it off.

Google images of the strokes or something, and they'll have leather finishing half way down their backs :D

I think the shortness is just the style, you either like it or you dont, I think lengthening this jacket, without making changes to other dimensions would throw it off.

Google images of the strokes or something, and they'll have leather finishing half way down their backs :D

haha yeah, I get what you mean but I think in terms of 'style' for me it's harder for taller dudes to pull off. For example, it will most likely look a bit like 'oh he's too tall for that jacket' rather than the 'he's going for that cropped/short look'.

The CM leather I have is about as short as I would go in leather... I think if they made another without ribbing and continued the leather to the same length it would be perfect.