australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

haha thanks for watching gobbledock.... i hope it goes well lol i got them as a gift from friends but they didn't buy my right size. They don't mind me selling them and buying something else that i really like as well since these shoes aren't sold anymore =(

if anyone has a 43 i shotgun them!

Hey Jaypee, the best fitted slacks are seriously uniqlo vintage chinos, I have not come across any pants in australia that fit as well with such good quality (everything is felled, no loose stitches and everythign is chain stitched too). The material is soft yet durable. I think you can get decent ones from marcs, if they still sell them which aren't too baggy either. But man UVC's are $40 (maybe $50 now due to exchange rate) but better than most pants up to $200.

As for the shoes Gobbledock, I wear 43 in CPs and these 44s are about a size too big for me, as it has about 2cm extra in the toebox. I also have the court shoes in 43.

Yes ivan's on high is correct! i forgot about them.

I must say saint augustine academy has been one of my favourite local labels in a long time. Great tailoring and decent quality. Funny though, their shirts retail for about $200US in the states.

For UVCs i bought them through a friend who went to japan on holiday and told him specifically to find those pants lol... they're everywhere there, but otherwise you will have to find a proxy and i honestly think they are worth paying up to $70 for!

Does your job require you to wear a suit? What is your budget?

Herringbone is your best option, go to their store in Circular Quay as the QVB store is tiny and won't have the entire range. Otherwise I would suggest Paul Smith suits which are stocked in Incu and David Jones.

thanks ivan;)

umm i havent actually sold it yet but my mate called dibs.. i might be trading it with one of the his jackets + $$$ (im still considering if i like the jacket or not :o)

i got it for 230US shipped so ill be selling it for that price... such a shame its too small on me coz that price is a steal for ann d boots!

Melv, nice WAYWT. I never see people dressed like that in sydney. I suppose i live on the north shore so its not surprising haha.

Out of curiosity, what did you sell your boots for?

nlim3482: It's just time for me to get a new suit since I have lost some weight/ put on some muscle, the old one no longer fits. i'm gonna spend around 1k and herringbone seems to be the best option for me.

corey: thanks mate i'll drop by tomorrow/weekend

Hey guys, I went to DJs and they had 50% off dolce and gabbana, made in italy.

I tried on a suit and it fit really well... does anyone know the quality of their suits - fused or canvassed? It was down from $2000 to $1000 which is the same price as herringbone... which one should i pick?

Hey guys, I went to DJs and they had 50% off dolce and gabbana, made in italy.

I tried on a suit and it fit really well... does anyone know the quality of their suits - fused or canvassed? It was down from $2000 to $1000 which is the same price as herringbone... which one should i pick?

Herringbone offer much better construction.

Get which ever fits you best though.