Making jeans attempt 2

fndmybetterhalf

so...heres the product of another pair of jeans that i made. This one i actually focused alot on stitching and took my time. Fits amazing and the denim (courtesy of IloveSpaz) feels amazing. so heres a couple pics...im also compiling a lotttttt of photos to making a video tutorial kinda deal but somewhere along the line i got lazy with the pictures so dont expect anything great.

b.jpg

a1.jpg

alright heres some more pics

DSC_0219s.jpg

another back shot...if you look closely the pockets are alittle crooked by like 2-3 mm's...oh well

DSC_0221s.jpg

DSC_0222s.jpg

heres the back pocket...not much of an arcuate but then again im a beginner and cant do anything fancy yet

DSC_0223s.jpg

closeup shot of the back pocket

DSC_0224s.jpg

i ran otu of buttons....haha so two buttons for now

DSC_0225s.jpg

pocket...cut up an old buttondown shirt for this. btw, if you look closely you can see strips of duct tape, instead of using pins, i used duct tape to hold the fabric pieces together while i sew...unfortunately i seweed the ducttape onto the denim and im too lazy to take the duct tape off.

DSC_0227s.jpg

left: second pair attempt

right: first pair

*notice the big improvement in stitching :D

DSC_0228s.jpg

and heres a shot of the first pair just for comparison sake.

Only thing i need to fix up is that the yoke is super short so i gotta make it look better. Next pair i make, in rebellion to levis..is going to be a repro haha.

DSC_0051bws.jpg

and last but not least...heres a shot of me cutting out the denim.

Guest jeffvyain

no belt loops so far. the pocket bags look exactly like a short sleeve penguin shirt that i have. i don't wear mine much either, but looks like you won't ever be wearing yours again

hahaha yeah its the Penguin shirt that i tore apart. I really liked the pattern on it so i actually made a wallet lined with that shirt also. Expensive shirt too...but i never wore it so whatever.

as for the thread goes...i kept using this thread that kept running out cuz they were only selling it by like 100 yards or something so I just went bulk style and bought 1500 yards of the orangy-goldish color thread. cheaper

Thanks alot to everybody!

Guest jeffvyain
hahaha yeah its the Penguin shirt that i tore apart. I really liked the pattern on it so i actually made a wallet lined with that shirt also. Expensive shirt too...but i never wore it so whatever.

that's really funny. yea i got the shirt for like 15 bucks after x-mas last year. that would make a really cool wallet lining. let's see some pics!