What do you do about jeans bleeding onto sneaks?

emmitbrown

I have some stain protector on most of my sneaks, but I feel like they are going to get fucked up anyway.

There's really not much you can do. I'm not sure about those stain protectors, but I've heard of some people putting duct tape on the insides of their cuffs.

My method is just to wear new jeans with beat and/or dark sneaks for the first 2-3 months. After that, I've never had a problem.

that swedis site just basically say:

use protective spray

wash with water and soap as soon as they get blue

duct tape the inside of your jeans/cuffs

put the jeans in your socks

stupid..

I dont really see a problem with some staining. But dont wear white sneaks with new denim if it bothers you..

i just read this thing on a website about this. it's in swedish, but try using a translator to make sense of it. they have steps to follow and stuff.

http://www.cafe.se/?id=16024

step one sounds outright dirty!

"1. Spraya skorna med allroundimpregnering före användning. Det gör dem mer beständiga och håller borta all slags smuts."

something about sluts, slags, and smut and spraying/impregnating your shoes?

:eek:

Guest Berget__

If Im wearing sneakers that I really dont want to get dirty I'll wear some black jeans that doesn't bleed. Other than that I have discovered that indigo doesn't bleed onto patent leather. Dont know why but I have never had any indigo on my patent leather sneakers.

For some reason, I've heard that wiping/scrubbing with Windex works. Who knows though. Perhaps throw your shoes in the wash?

I have the black/orange Adidas Superstar colorway so it doesn't really make much a difference for me, except that the orange on the back gets a little blue outline around the edge. Which isn't too bad.