Worst denim?

thedonger

Paper Denim and Cloth comes to mind!

True Religion - Blatant Levis RED copyicon_smile_angry.gif

Mens Seven - can you be any more ghea?

MF&G, LRG, Enyce -those oversized rapper jeans with shit stuck to them all over the place

Diesel - Talk about a brand that lost its steam! They ditched Style Lab too!

Abercrombie- give me a fucking break! and girls, small pockets don't look good on your big ass!

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

It all depends on what you want out of your jeans. Paper Denim and Cloth have some great cuts and washes, but they're not for most denim nerds (myself included) because the denim itself is thin / fragile to begin with and has been made weaker through (over)processing. I've always considered Seven to be a women's line, and they do that really well. Most of the women I know couldn't give two shits about double ring spun rope dyed left hand twill selvage, but will happily pay $200+ to know that their asses look really good.

That said, worst denim ever (no, worst items of clothing period) has to be a toss up between stupidly baggy hanging round the knees covered in patches hip-hop shit mentioned by Serge and those completely fucking retarded 30" flared candy raver pants (UFOs and Kikwear).

in the first place how did mf&g end up being a wack-ass rapper wardrobe staple? it seems to me that the denim line carried by the flagship store in NY is very much different from what you'll find at those hip-hop stores. can someone school me on this?

as for worst denim, i think paper in the first place isnt build to last, they are heavily processed etc so it's no surprise they wear out fast. i also think that guys shouldnt wear sevens, even though they look good on women.

i cant agree more with serge about those hip-hop jeans, look at the picture he posted. the guy on the right looks like a f*cking midget

whiskey

here's the parallel

Levi's RED

http://levis.wear.jp/item.asp?item_dat_id=1400

True Religion

http://www.moxyonline.com/catalog/images/tr_bobmendkv_lg.jpg

in any case, at least the true religion does seem to be similar to levi's type 1, which is basically a cheaper version of that levi's RED.

of course the new true religions try to mask this similarity by introducing superfluous flaps etc

The top button of my button fly on my papers came off. I had another pair where the denim basically wore out after 1-2 years of use. Not so good for jeans that cost around 190$ nowadays. At least not in my book.

I do think their cuts are good though, which is why I bought them in the first place.

in reply to the first post

MF&G are pretty nice out of europe, i had 3 different pairs of their jeans and if it weren't for the fact that i outgrew them, i'm pretty sure i'd still be sporting them now,

MF&G sold here in the US is nasty though i agree. i have no idea why that is so but yea they are... "interesting".....

Yo whatsup with some acid washed joints with the elastic waist AND elastic cuffs so you can scruntch that shit above your hightops... I NEED THOSE. one time I pissed in my pants in Kindergarden and the lady in the office gave me a pair of those joints to wear and they were FIRE with my Converse that were like one color on one foot and another color on the other foot.... DAMN. Shit I was STUNNING em when I got back to class. The kids couldn't even tease me, except for this one little bitch in the back row who was all like "Selvege this, selvege that" but that kid ended up shitting his pants at the carnival on the moon bounce and I was like "haha look who's gonna have to wash their raw denim now you little fuck."

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.

Quote:

Yo whatsup with some acid washed joints with the elastic waist AND elastic cuffs so you can scruntch that shit above your hightops... I NEED THOSE. one time I pissed in my pants in Kindergarden and the lady in the office gave me a pair of those joints to wear and they were FIRE with my Converse that were like one color on one foot and another color on the other foot.... DAMN. Shit I was STUNNING em when I got back to class. The kids couldn't even tease me, except for this one little bitch in the back row who was all like "Selvege this, selvege that" but that kid ended up shitting his pants at the carnival on the moon bounce and I was like "haha look who's gonna have to wash their raw denim now you little fuck."

--- Original message by RedFoxxworth on Apr 25, 2005 07:49 AM

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

that cracked me up

Quote:

You actually Know him.

--- Original message by Bigmike on Apr 25, 2005 10:32 AM

Did you get heated cuz people are hating on the thug-maternity-midget look? Is that your style or someshit and you got sad that your South Pole jumpsuit wasn't "Superfuture?"

What the fuck did I say to you for you to be such a smartass?

I don't know that herb, you fucking posted the picture.

Is this 5th grade? "You actually know him."

I guess I'm supposed to say "Shut up, YOU know him." So wack. Yaaaawn.

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.