which arcuate do you like the most?

majikero

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the classic Levi's 501 the best. The 1933 design i with rivets, big pockets, tab and arcs. The best of non Levii's I would say are the 1947 Sugar Cane with Levi's copy arcs and tab, but no rivets unfortunately.

too bad there's no tab on 1933's

the tab was put on jeans for the first time in 1936

Levi's arcs only, I don't know if this is safe to say on superdenim but I hated all the repro arcs. I don't want to get Japanese pants to fool people into thinking they're Levi's. I also like the DH scars and some of the IH half arcs, but my favorite will always be blank pockets.

pbj - the reason why i got them. the leaf is really nice

The leaf is alright but I miss the blue tabs.

the cool thing about the japanese arcs are that only people who know, know that theyre something special and not your normal levi's.. its like a secret club with the membership on your ass

I like the painted arcs of Evisu and 1944 Levi's. It's too bad they seem to wear off so quickly. I can't remember who it is, but someone with a pair of Fullcount used some kind of binding agent with their paint, and the arcs have lasted a long time because of it.

The old Burgus stitched arc is also pretty sweet. From the main thread:

img1059629136.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Gotta concur with the 201. Big ol' swoopin' arcuate, big pockets, but nice and plain with no tab - and bright orange stitching, just like they had in the 20s. Can you imagine how weird - or graphic - that looked in the Edwardian era? They look even better in the flesh than close-up.

201fit2.jpg