Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

tourette's is a disorder of disinhibition. so they're often shouting obscenities because that's what in normal people is usually suppressed. regular speech isn't under so much inhibitory control so disinhibition doesn't cause uncontrollable speech, although some tourette's patients do tend to repeat what they hear.

why do many people diagnosed with tourettes syndrome shout obscenities? i think they cant control what they say right? but why havent i ever seen or heard of someone who uncontrolably says normal words at normal volumes? why "SHITHEAD TURDS!" and never "bamboo blue a" or something, i dont know.

or have i just been watching south park too much? maybe

Tourette's Syndrome Association Inc. defines Tourette's as "a neurobiological disorder characterized by tics -- involuntary, rapid, sudden movements and/or vocal outbursts that occur repeatedly."

The term "coprolalia" is used to define these sometimes obscene vocal outbursts. Fewer than 15% of Tourette's sufferers also display this behavior; unfortunately, the misperception that coprolalia and Tourette's go hand in hand will likely persist, thanks in part to TV shows like Dr. Phil which, in 2006, featured a guest with Tourette's who unleashed a ton of obscenities onscreen.

^^^found in my random fact of the day e-mail

i wish someone would make a song called "superfuture girls" to the tune of "california girls". i think i'd pay $5 to see someone sing that song without making it sound dumb. the insipration was soepom and junglejane posting waywt back to back.

i hate sweating. they apparently can botox your armpits now to stop the sweating from happening.

also, theres a kid in my grade who was born without sweat glands. if he overdoes physical activity, he can overheat his body and go into shock.

why is the filipino flag up in union sq in SF? theres just the US flag and the filipino flag. did they decide to give november to the filipinos?

I went to the big Renaissance Festival in Maryland. They had a building with a bunch of those medieval flags with a triangle shape cut out lined atop a building. Right smack dab in the middle of it all was a medieval Filipino flag. It was so fucking random and hilarious. I had a picture but I can't find it. =(

People who oppose the use of torture are fucking ridiculous. I'm not talking about random acts of torture and oppressive totalitarian regimes torturing innocent civilians, but when a person has extremely vital and important information that could save lives yet he refuses to cooperate. I'd love to see what those amnesty international guys would do if a nuclear device was planted somewhere in their neighborhood and everyone and everything they hold dear to themselves was about to be destroyed, and the only way to stop it from going off was in the mind of some stubborn jihadist or deranged World of Warcraft player. No disrespect to Amnesty International, cause for the most part, they're pretty stand up guys. Another argument I hate is that hardened criminals, child molestors, and murderers are humans too. No they fucking aren't. They ceased being equal and worthy of respect the minute they committed these acts.

People who oppose the use of torture are fucking ridiculous. I'm not talking about random acts of torture and oppressive totalitarian regimes torturing innocent civilians, but when a person has extremely vital and important information that could save lives yet he refuses to cooperate. I'd love to see what those amnesty international guys would do if a nuclear device was planted somewhere in their neighborhood and everyone and everything they hold dear to themselves was about to be destroyed, and the only way to stop it from going off was in the mind of some stubborn jihadist or deranged World of Warcraft player. No disrespect to Amnesty International, cause for the most part, they're pretty stand up guys. Another argument I hate is that hardened criminals, child molestors, and murderers are humans too. No they fucking aren't. They ceased being equal and worthy of respect the minute they committed these acts.

woah dude, total buz kill