Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I prefer a Tobasco-esque style sauce on pizza rather than Sriracha. Tastes so good when you dip it in bleu cheeze dressing. FUck i want sum pissa

How important is it to graduate Summa Cum Laude or Cum Laude (Highest and High Honors)

As of now I'm planning on graduating in the Fall. At my school to graduate with highest honors (in the English department) you have to have taken 2 honors seminars plus write an honors thesis. Cum laude should be easy - I'd just have to write my honors thesis which I've already got planned out. However, to graduate summa cum laude I'd have to take an honors seminar my last semester on top of some pretty hard courses (I didn't register this semester for an honors seminar cuz I didn't even know you had to take two). I can go for summa cum laude and just put in a lot of effort but it's tempting to just say fuck it.

Thoughts (other than commenting on how much I typed "cum")?

have no experience, but my old math teacher said all it was worth is she now gets some newsletter from the cum club or somethin (0)....... if she was even the slightest bit cute that would have been a funnier comment. she's fuckin ugly. and a trekie. that had a star trek wedding.

MY (drunk) THOUGHTS.

Why does the black chick in the Dominoes pizza commercial act so DRAMATIC? SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS SHOCKED ONE MOMENT AND HAPPY THE OTHER. CONFUSING.

Also, CIROC is very smooth vodka. $$ for what it is but I think it was pretty good. Also I am eating flaming hot MUNCHIES right now and this is hitting that spot. YA DIG (word the DIPSET)

if only we could get a list of books to buy before the each semester starts.. it would make it easier

if only the profs would tell us whether the book is really essential for the class or not. it makes me miserable buying books only to use them once in the entire semester.

if only the profs would tell us whether the book is really essential for the class or not. it makes me miserable buying books only to use them once in the entire semester.

This happened to me way too much my first year in school.

So now, I go to class and wait about a week to see if we really will need the books. Then I just find the cutest or smartest girl and ask her if I could share the book with her.

Win win for me. I get to study and since we are sharing, we have to study together.

LOGIC DROPPED.

You know, 4th semester and the teachers still trick me into thinking I need all the books. But whatever, my mom buys my books and I always squeeze in a videogame on half.com or whatever.

i'm at work also. I'm in a computer lab full of 3rd graders.

edit: @i wear shooes, must rep when i can. Works for getting their number too

Just finished a huge project for my company. the kind of project that literally impacts all of the coming year.

I actually feel a sense of accomplishment from something so opposite my interests. It's funny what we settle for when we get older.

The sad thing is I will be celebrating by studying for my CPA tonight. As I was told today, "you can do whatever you want, but you've chosen to make this company your career. That means sacrificing everything else, including the things you love. Now you love the company first, make no mistake". That's actually quite true - might as well be king of hell rather than prince of heaven, I guess.

I will be posting in the "who here is drunk" thread later...possibly.

How important is it to graduate Summa Cum Laude or Cum Laude (Highest and High Honors)

As of now I'm planning on graduating in the Fall. At my school to graduate with highest honors (in the English department) you have to have taken 2 honors seminars plus write an honors thesis. Cum laude should be easy - I'd just have to write my honors thesis which I've already got planned out. However, to graduate summa cum laude I'd have to take an honors seminar my last semester on top of some pretty hard courses (I didn't register this semester for an honors seminar cuz I didn't even know you had to take two). I can go for summa cum laude and just put in a lot of effort but it's tempting to just say fuck it.

Thoughts (other than commenting on how much I typed "cum")?

um, i'm pretty sure there's magna cum laude as well.

receiving any latin honors in general is pretty good, especially for science/engineering, as those disciplines are fucking difficult to pull that in. i don't know about english/arts, but i'm pretty sure it represents the difference between getting/not getting a job / over other candidates in a lot of companies.

sometimes people will say on ratemyprofessors.com whether or not you need the book.

fuck buying textbooks! i had to buy 3 brand new textbooks for sign language because they started using a new edition for this term so there were no used copies.